TEN

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

 

TEN

 

(Next morning)

(Thursday, October 3rd 2013: 2 weeks pregnant)

Jongin turned his body to the side so that he could sleep while hugging his fiancée, but only to find that she wasn’t on the bed. He wondered, eyes shut open to ‘scan’ for Jessica and could see the light of the bathroom was on. Jessica’s voice could be heard coming from there also. Jessica had been awake due to the morning sickness that had been ‘attacking’ her early in the morning.

Jongin groggily got up from the bed to go and check on her. It was still dark outside, and when Jongin saw at the wall clock to know what the time was, it was 4:30 in the morning. No wonder why he was still feeling terribly sleepy. It was not even achieved two hours yet since he fell asleep after he had a phone call with Kyungsoo at midnight. With a sigh, Jongin walked to get to Jessica, calling for her name at the same time.

“Jessy?”

Jessica was kneeling down in front of the toilet bowl, throwing up quite a lot. Jongin joined kneeling beside her after that and rubbed her back softly, so that it would make her to feel a little bit better. His action did help a little. 

“Better now?” he asked, smiling to Jessica when their eyes met and she also smiled, nodded lightly. 

 

******

 

Both lovers didn’t go back to sleep since they woke up that morning. It was 8:15 a.m., and they had done having their breakfast together and were now resting in the living room, watching a random morning music videos show.

“I wanna lie down,” Jongin told cutely and then quickly lay himself down in which Jessica’s thighs became his pillow.

Jessica was laughing lightly by seeing his action. They had just finished watching Taeyang’s Naman Barabwa MV, and Jessica was sure that Jongin was actually copying what Taeyang was doing. 

 

                                                                                                         

 

“Look at me only,” Jessica told with a smile as she wanted to ‘play’ the scene along with him while her fingers were combing Jongin’s hair softly.

The guy smiled at her and nodded.

“From now on, I’ll only look at you. I love you.”

Jongin’s words had made Jessica’s heart to flutter, and she marked Jongin with a lovely kiss on his lips as her respond to his words.

“I love you too.”

It was a perfect ending to be added into the MV.   

 

******

 

(Seoul General Hospital)

Kyungsoo flushed the toilet as soon as she had finished throwing up for the second time. She was wondering how on earth could she throw up a lot for two times; early of six in the morning and now, although she didn’t eat much the day before, and her stomach at that time was starting to beg for food again. Her whole body felt weak. However, rather than hating herself to be in such condition, she was actually feeling happy because she could finally be able to experience the symptoms of pregnancy that she had always been dreaming to experience it.  It was very unusual.

“The nurse will be arrived here in any minute to give mommy the food. Be patience alright, agi?” Kyungsoo talked to her stomach while rubbing it softly.

She was smiling warmly as she thought about her baby. She knew everything that had happened was not like how she had expected it to be, but at least she still had her baby on the way although she had lost Jongin from her life. She knew she had to become more independent and strong from now if she wanted her baby to have a happy life in the future even without the father.  She had to start a new life and forget about the past. Miracle could happen anytime; she believed that.

“You’re my new source of energy from now on. Once mommy settle everything, let me gives my full attention to you only. Although you are not born yet, mommy has already loved you more than anything in this world. Mommy really couldn’t wait to hold you, agi-yah. Please grow healthily, eo?” Kyungsoo talked again with her hand was still rubbing her still flat stomach.   

Not so long after that, she heard someone was knocking on the door.

“Good morning.”

“Huh? Oh, good morning, nurse.”

The middle age nurse was then smiling as Kyungsoo replied her greeting and gave her the breakfast that Kyungsoo had been waiting.  Kyungsoo thanked her and seconds later, she enjoyed eating her meal. 

 

******

 

(Kim’s House)

(11:00 a.m.)

“Luckily we got many unused boxes.”

Jongin put the six empty large boxes inside his bedroom to let Jessica started her work first.

“I think two are already enough since Kyungsoo doesn’t really have many belongings,” Jessica spoke while her eyes were examining the boxes. 

Jessica had suggested packing all of Kyungsoo’s belongings into the boxes to be sent to Chanyeol’s house so that hers could become the replacement, and Jongin had nothing to say to against it. He knew that one of the steps to begin a new life was not to continue keeping the past memories. There were lots of things that Jongin needed to settle and doing the clearance of Kyungsoo’s belongings were one of it.

“You put in the clothes first. I wanna go to the guest room to take yours,” Jongin told, and the woman agreed.

 

******

 

(Meanwhile)

(Avenue Company)

Minseok: Sehun, lunch together again?

Sehun: Sorry hyung. I can’t for today. Tomorrow?

Minseok: Oh, alright then. No problem (about to end the call)

Sehun: Hyung wait!

Minseok: (startled and then sighed) What is it Sehun?

Sehun: I suddenly remembered about yesterday. Did the doctor call you already?

Minseok: Uh?

Minseok knocked on his head lightly as he received the question because at that moment, he knew that he was at fault. He forgot to tell the younger about what had happened yesterday.

Sehun: Hyung?

Minseok: Oh ne, Sehun-ah. She didn’t call me, but luckily when I went back to the hospital, the patient had woken up.

Sehun: Wait, what? You went there again? Why didn’t you ask me to go with you?

Minseok: Urm well … it didn’t across in my mind to bring you together. Sorry.

Sehun: Pfft! Geez hyung.

Minseok: It is your fault too. You don’t bother to call me.

Sehun: Duh whatever. So, what happened?

Minseok: I can’t tell you the whole thing right now. I’m busy. Maybe we can hang out together tonight?

Sehun: Call. One condition, you have to fetch me up.

Minseok: Alright then. See you tonight.

Sehun gave him the same replied and became the one who ended the call. Minseok hummed for seconds as he stared at the phone screen. He was thinking of to call Kyungsoo, but the other side of him didn’t allow him to do so. “Oh God. Why do I feel nervous like crazy?” He sighed. “She’ll be discharged this afternoon. Should I offer myself to send her home?” Minseok let himself to think again for two minutes. “I better call her first.” He finally decided.

 

******

 

(Seoul General Hospital)

“Your due date is estimated to be on the 3rd June next year. Hope we can meet again during that date.” Dr. Lee informed her gently and Kyungsoo nodded. “For right now, I’ll give you the prescribed pills and vitamins that you need, but make sure you make an appointment to any clinic for your monthly check-up starting next month, alright?” 

Kyungsoo nodded her head for the second time while replying the doctor with a low yes. Once Kyungsoo took her medicine, she had asked for the permission to be discharged thirty minutes earlier as she couldn’t wait until noon.

“But your husband …”

“I know. He was supposed to come yesterday, but something came up, and he wouldn’t be able to come. Same goes for today. There’s nothing wrong with me, right? So, there’s nothing to be worried for, and I’ll explain it to him. Please, doctor. Can I be discharged now?”

Luckily she got the approval.

 

******

 

(Avenue Company)

“Why did she turn off her phone?” Minseok shook his head for thrice. He had started to feel worried. When he remembered about the incident in which Kyungsoo was crying her heart out but he didn’t get any clue to what was going on, it had made him to become more worried. He was shy to admit that he actually cared about Kyungsoo. It was quite impossible, if he followed the people’s logics. How could we care about someone so much if we had just met and got to know about him or her in just a day? It was ridiculous, but that was what Minseok was feeling at that time.   

After all, he missed to experience that kind of feeling, and he glad that it happened to him again. Although he had to accept the fact that Kyungsoo was already married, it didn’t mean that he couldn’t have feeling towards her. There must be reasons behind their unexpected meeting; unpredicted love feeling. Minseok always believed that. He had set in his mind that everything that happened to him either it was being planned or unplanned, God had created the hidden reasons behind it, and he just had to play along if he wanted to get the answer.

 

To: Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo-ssi, are you feeling better already? I would like to come and offer to send you home, but your husband would probably be there by now. Inform me if you had arrived safely at your house, ne? Only if you don’t mind. J Take care.

 

 ******

 

“Ahjussi, can you send me to this address?” Kyungsoo asked, gave a small paper to the taxi driver.

“Of course. That will be no problem,” the taxi driver replied happily before Kyungsoo said her gratitude.

Kyungsoo had decided to go back to her house for a while as she wanted to take her important belongings with her. Nervous? Yes, she was. Since she felt like she didn’t belong in that house anymore, she seemed to feel like she had become an intruder. She promised that she wasn’t going to take long time to be in there, and once she was done, she would straightly go to her dad’s house.

Luckily her dad had given her the spare keys for the house, and she didn’t have to worry to think where she could live. She sighed as she thought how stupid she was for not thinking like that earlier. Her dad must have been really surprised when he got to know what had happened, and she knew she had to settle it no matter what. 

 

******

 

(Kim’s House)

(12:15 p.m.)

“Are you done, jagi?” Jessica asked as soon as she entered the room.

Jongin had asked her to just prepare their lunch instead, while he did the work alone.

“Great timing you asked, Jessy. Yup. I’m done,” Jongin replied and then grinned.

“Wow. Not even for an hour.”

Jessica praised; clapping her hands slowly in which making Jongin to laugh uneasily.

“Just like you said earlier, Kyungsoo doesn’t have many belongings.”

“You’re right.  Now, come on. Lunch is ready.”

Jongin nodded and immediately stood up, walked towards his fiancée in front of the door. Jessica was a little bit startled when Jongin suddenly lifted her up and carried her bridal style, but was then smiling sheepishly as they headed towards the dining room.

However, not even for fifteen minutes since they sat down to have their lunch, they heard the doorbell of the house rang, showing that someone was coming. Jongin had insisted himself to be the one to go and check out who was coming.

“Alright. I’ll wait for you to eat again,” Jessica told.

And so, Jongin got up and walked towards the windows before he could let the person to come in. He wanted to make sure that the person was someone he knew, and … he did. His eyes widened in surprised as he saw the face of that person. Automatically, he quickly pressed the button to let the gate to be auto opened and the door was being opened widely and he called out for the person’s name.

“Kyungsoo.”    

 

******

 

“Jagi, who’s coming?”

Jessica wasn’t being able to sit still waiting for Jongin to come back as her curiousness was haunting her. She walked towards Jongin who was standing still in front of the door and was about to asked him the same question again but stopped when she could already see the person’s face.

“You?!” she told angrily with an expression full of hatred, and when Kyungsoo saw that, she quickly avoided the eye contact with her.

“Jessy, calm down. Kyungsoo’s here just to take her belongings,” Jongin told.   

“Oh, is that so?”

“Y—Yes,” Kyungsoo stuttered.

Jessica was then smirking.

“Well, you’re lucky then. Jongin had finished packing all your things into the boxes. You only have to take them away,” she said in an annoying tone, making Kyungsoo to lift her head up and looked at Jongin as she heard that.

“W—What?”

Kyungsoo asked while looking at Jongin. The man nodded his head for once to assure her.

“That’s right, Kyungsoo. We’re thinking of to send them to your dad’s house, but you’ve come at the right time,” Jongin added.

“Oh …” Kyungsoo told in a low voice; kind of feeling disappointed. “No Kyungsoo! You have to stay strong! You can’t cry right now! You DON’T have to cry because there’s no reason for you to do that! Of course Jongin would never want to keep your things in this house anymore! It doesn’t matter actually! You guys are over! Just thank him for making your work easier! At least you can take your things straight away and get out from the house quickly!” told Kyungsoo angrily to herself.

“Ya! What are you waiting for?! Go and take your things already! The taxi is waiting!” Jessica scolded.

Jongin really couldn’t stop her from treating Kyungsoo like that. Kyungsoo breathed out heavily through her nose before she walked inside.

“Jagi, go and help her. I want her to be out from here as quick as possible,” ordered Jessica to Jongin, and the male just followed what she said.

“Kyungsoo, the boxes are still in the bedroom. Let me help you.”

Kyungsoo didn’t say anything and just walked upstairs, following Jongin from behind.

(The bedroom)

“Your clothes are in this box while the electrical gadgets and your wallet in there,” Jongin told, pointing at the other box.

“Alright,” Kyungsoo simply replied and then carried the box that Jongin was pointing at while Jongin would be carrying the other one.

Jongin noticed that Kyungsoo was trying to avoid from having the eye contact with him and then at a perfect time, their last night conversation suddenly popped out in his mind. This was just going to make Kyungsoo to stay here for a little bit longer.

“Kyungsoo, wait.”

“Huh?”

Kyungsoo stopped from walking.  

“Can we talk?” Jongin asked, put back the box on the floor and then walked towards Kyungsoo.

When they were already standing opposite each other, Jongin took the box from Kyungsoo’s hand and put it on the floor also. Kyungsoo’s body suddenly stiffed, and she was just standing still.

“Jo—Jongin,” she stuttered once again.

“Kyungsoo-yah, we haven’t finished talking last night. I—I …,”

“No! Jongin, stop it! There’s nothing else I wanna say, or I need to hear from you. I’m in hurry,” Kyungsoo quickly interrupted, suddenly could gain her strength to talk back and took the box quickly and about to head downstairs.   

However, Jongin was being a stubborn at that time as he still wanted to stop Kyungsoo from walking away. They were standing in the middle on the stairs when they started to argue. Jongin grabbed Kyungsoo’s forearm quite strong since he didn’t want Kyungsoo to accidentally fall down from the stairs because that woman was struggling wildly to let her arm off from Jongin’s grip. Jessica arrived there as she heard the noisy sound and immediately asked Jongin what was wrong with an angry tone, but she got ignored because Jongin was more focusing on talking with Kyungsoo.

“Jongin please. I’m begging you. Let go of me. I’ve let you go, so you have to let me go too.”

Kyungsoo begged. This time, tears were starting to brim in her eyes. That kind of look of Kyungsoo had made Jongin to slowly loosen his grip. Kyungsoo was about to cry … because of him again! Because of Kim freakin’ Jong In again!

“Kyu—Kyungsoo-yah …” he muttered lowly, guiltiness could be seen through his expression.

“Jagiya!” Jessica shouted loudly, making Jongin to completely let go off Kyungsoo’s hand.

Once he did that, Kyungsoo then continued her steps to walk downstairs by passing the angry Jessica, but the woman could still stop her by grabbing her hand. Jongin had run back to the bedroom to take the box.

“Ya, Kyungsoo!” she said sternly.

“W—What do you want?” Kyungsoo daringly asked her, in which making Jessica to feel piss.

“Heh! Ya! Don’t you dare to come here again, you got that?!” she yelled as she gave her warning.

By hearing her words, Kyungsoo scoffed lowly and then shoved her hand away, making Jessica dumfounded for seconds. Kyungsoo put the box on the floor and with a heavy sigh, she made herself to be face to face with Jessica. With a serious expression and tone, Kyungsoo then told, “I’m sick of you … you shameful b*tch!”

And within a split second, a hard slap was being given to the speechless Jessica. Jongin, who was watching them after he came back from taking the box in the room, was feeling extremely shocked as he saw that incident.   

 

******

 

Jessica’s world seemed like stopping the moment she received the hard slap. Kyungsoo actually couldn’t believe herself also of what she had done to Jessica. Her own emotion was controlling her. She felt guilty, but at the same time, she felt satisfied aswell. At least she could prove to Jessica a bit that she wasn’t the type of person who could easily being treated that way although she was being nice for all these while. A nice person also had their own limit of patience and kindness.

Kyungsoo bit her lower lip. She took the box again and headed out from the house; quickly got followed by Jongin. Jessica could only see Jongin ran pass by her as she wasn’t being able to say anything because she was still in the state of surprised and speechless.

“Kyungsoo, at least before you go, lend me your ears to listen to me first,” Jongin told, and it had made Kyungsoo to stop from walking again by God knew how many times was it already.

“Jongin, I don’t want to. Can’t you understand me? Doesn’t matter what you’re gonna say, it still couldn’t change the fact that we’ve divorced!” Kyungsoo told him back in seriousness.

However, Kyungsoo noticed that Jongin wasn’t really paying attention to what she was saying because his eyes seemed to focus on something else at that moment. Something else that Kyungsoo was sure was located behind her based on to where Jongin was looking at. It had somehow made her to wonder why Jongin looked so shocked and because of that, she decided to turn her whole body to the direction where Jongin was staring at too; the entrance gate.

Just as she made her eyes to look at the targeted direction, she had created the same expression like Jongin did. Her already big eyes were widening even bigger when she saw someone that was so familiar to her was standing still in front of the gate; expression full of confusion, seriousness and shocked. Someone that neither the two of them would expect to see to be standing there at that time because that person was supposed to be at Daegu; attending his work course.

Kyungsoo and Jongin were then muttering surprisingly the same word at the same time.

“Ap—appa …”

 

 

 

Do Chanyeol was there.