SEVENTEEN

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

 

SEVENTEEN

 

(Monday, October 7th 2013: 2 weeks pregnant)

(Techno Company)

It was awkward, and Sehun didn’t understand why. Jongin had come back to work after having his one week holidays, and when the male approached him, Sehun felt really awkward. He wished he could tell Jongin that he had got to know Kyungsoo, but his promise to Chanyeol had stopped him from doing so. Jongin was looking moody also on that day, which made Sehun did not dare to talk to him so much. Since he entered the office and seated on his seat, Jongin hadn’t started to do his work yet. He was just sitting on his seat quietly while staring on his phone. 

“Jessy,” Jongin told in his heart while staring at Jessica’s picture in his phone.

 

(Flashback)

(At the hospital)

“Jagi, please don’t leave me. Promise me, alright? Please, jagi,” begged Jessica. 

She held Jongin’s hands gingerly in hers, and Jongin could feel how trembling her hands were.  Jongin shook his head and then kissed her knuckles.

“I won’t Jessy. I won’t leave you. You don’t have to worry.”

Jongin tried to convince her but still, it didn’t really work.

“Even it is hard for me to get pregnant now, you will stay with me, right? Please. jagi. Swear that you will never gonna leave me. Please.”

“Jessy, Jessy baby. Just trust me. Remember the reason when I got back to you few months ago is not because you’re pregnant. It’s because the love that I have towards you. I wanna be with you again because I still love you. I love you, Jessy. We can still have another child. Tho it’s not gonna be easy like before, you still have the chance to get pregnant.”

Jongin engulfed Jessica into his embrace once he had done talking. Jessica continued to cry again. She wrapped her arms around Jongin; hugging him back.

“Don’t cry Jessy. You should take a rest. You’re still weak,” he told, rubbing the back of Jessica with gentle.

“Ja—jagi?”

Jongin then produced a short hum as his respond to his fiancée’s calling.

“Do—do you think ... do you think God wants to punish me f—for, for what I’ve done to Kyungsoo?”

She sobbed.

“What? No. Jessy, don’t think like that. Everything’s my fault. I’m the one who should get punished. Your situation now has got nothing to do with it,” Jongin protested.

(End of flashback)

 

“Oh God! I screwed up everything!” Jongin said angrily in his heart.

(Three weeks later)

(Wednesday, October 23rd 2013: five weeks pregnant)

(The court)

“The law has decided! I announce that Mr. Kim Jong In and Mrs. Do Kyungsoo are now legally divorced.”

With the three knocks came from the judge, that was how the case came to an end. Kyungsoo withdrew a subtle sigh but then a faint smile could be seen created on her lips. At least started on that moment, she could start to focus on herself and her baby. Although it was something hurtful to know the fact that the relationship between Jongin and her were completely ended, she knew that she had to stay strong and move on.

Chanyeol hugged her and said some encouraging words to her. Their lawyer, Mr. Yunho was also standing next to them, smiling and talking nicely. Jongin was just looking at both father and daughter with a sad expression. He had once again making Kyungsoo to cry because of him during the discussion, and he really couldn’t explain how guilty he was feeling.

“Son, let’s go home,” Mr. Kim told, patted his shoulder twice.

Jongin nodded his head.

“Okay, but can you give me five to ten minutes, dad? I need to talk to Kyungsoo for a while,” Jongin asked, and his father couldn’t say no to him and so, he allowed him.

With that, his parents got into the car first before him. Kyungsoo was talking with Yunho when Chanyeol suddenly cut off their conversations and told her that Jongin was making his way walking to them. Kyungsoo was frowning when she made her eyes to look at Jongin. ‘What does he want?’ was the only question playing inside her mind at that time. As the male already stood up nervously in front of them, he didn’t dare to make any eye contact. Yunho had excused himself as he thought he wasn’t supposed to join into their family’s conversations. Chanyeol seemed to understand that Kyungsoo wanted him to leave also and gave them some time to talk.

“Kyungsoo, appa will wait inside the car. Don’t be too long, alright?” he said.

“Okay, appa,” she replied shortly, and as soon as Chanyeol was out of their sights, Kyungsoo quickly let out her voice to ask Jongin a question. “What do you want?”

Jongin was quite surprised to see Kyungsoo’s scowled expression, as it was a rare thing for him to see from Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo, I—I—”

“Where’s your lover anyway? Wasn’t she supposed to be with you on this important day? Way to be a very supportive partner,” Kyungsoo asked him a question again sarcastically before Jongin could finish his.  

Her words had really made Jongin to become speechless. Few seconds that felt like hours passed, but Jongin still didn’t talk. Kyungsoo sighed for the second time. She crossed her arms over her chest and then broke the silence.

“Jongin, just talk. I don’t have time to wait for you,” she said angrily.

“Y—You’ve changed. You never talked to me like that,” Jongin finally let out his voice and said something, but it didn’t make Kyungsoo to feel happy to hear about it.

Kyungsoo scoffed in disbelief.

“Excuse me? Jongin, I don’t think I need to talk nicely to someone who broke my heart and make me feel miserable. I’ve changed because of you!”

“Alright, I understand that, but can we just talk nicely for the last time? I am having a hard time also, Kyungsoo. Three weeks ago Jessy had miscarriage. Do you know how upset I was? The next day after she got discharged, you called me to discuss about our divorce case, and I barely got time to take care of her because of that. I was getting pressured, you know? Now I want—”

Jongin wasn’t able to finish his sentence when Kyungsoo started to talk again.

“Wait! Jongin, just so you know, our case has settled, right? You don’t have to be pressured by it anymore. You’re the one who created this problem. You’re having a hard time, so what? It’s not my fault!”

Jongin was really pissing her off at that moment. She felt angry and upset at the same time. It annoyed her to hear Jongin told how upset he was when he knew he had lost his baby. It annoyed her to hear Jongin told her that he was having a hard time. It annoyed her so much to hear Jongin told her that he didn’t have time to take care of his sick fiancée. As if Jessica was really the only one who was so important in his life. As if she didn’t mean anything to him for the whole almost four years they were together.

“Kyungsoo, what am I trying to say is Jessy, she, I—I want—”

“Jongin, I don’t care! I don’t wanna know about her!” Kyungsoo yelled, and she quickly made her feet to walk out from the court room before she got told by the security to do so.

Jongin was following her. Once they were at the entrance, Jongin held her arm so that she would stop from walking.

“Kyungsoo please, listen to me first.”

“What?! What is it?” Kyungsoo yelled again and shoved her hand from Jongin’s hold.

“I just want to tell you that I wish you can lead a happy life once again. I want you to forgive Jessy, at least, because I know that you wouldn’t want to forgive me. That’s all,” Jongin explained.

“What?”

Kyungsoo felt her blood was really boiling up. Forgive Jessica? It didn’t make any sense at all. Because of the angry feeling that was building up inside her, Kyungsoo couldn’t control herself at that time. In just a second, her hand was like turning on its wireless switch, and Jongin was in shocked when he received a hard slap from Kyungsoo.

“I know that I’m your mistake, but you don’t have to sound like I meant nothing to you! I hate you, Jongin. I won’t forgive both of you! I hope that today’s the last time I cry because you! I’m glad that we’re over!” she yelled for the third time.

When Jongin didn’t make any respond, Kyungsoo just took that chance to just leave him and got inside her car.

That was it.

They were officially over.

 

A/N: So, like I told u guys before, I won't make the divorce case process to be so detailed. Hehe. Thanks for reading. 

Promoting! Support me in my new stories ^^

 

 'WINTER'S MEMORIES'