THIRTEEN

The Sacrifice *HIATUS*

 

THIRTEEN

 

(Next morning)

(Friday, October 4th 2013: 2 weeks pregnant)

(Do’s House)

It was eight in the morning when Chanyeol had done preparing the breakfast and ready to wake up his sleeping daughter. He opened the door of Kyungsoo’s room slowly and then walked to sit next to her.

“Kyungsoo-yah, wake up sweetie,” he said with his as gentle as the voice he could make while his hand was his daughter’s head softly.

Urm … what is it, appa?” Kyungsoo lazily asked and then rubbed her both eyes with her thumbs while yawning lightly.

Chanyeol smiled when he saw that.

“Let’s have our breakfast. Since last night you didn’t have your dinner, you should be hungry right now, right?” Chanyeol told again, in which made Kyungsoo to nod weakly.

 

******

 

(Dining room)

“I’m not gonna work today. Wanna help me to arrange some things?”

Kyungsoo then stared at her father for seconds before she could response to what he was asking.

“What things, appa?” she asked him; continued to munch her food again.

“Urm … while waiting the time for tonight, I’m thinking of to do an inspection for my room. Get rid of the unnecessary things. Will you help me, sweetie?” Chanyeol questioned her one more time, and without delaying, she nodded.

“Alright then,” she answered, and they continued eating their food.

 

 ******

 

(Kim’s House)

 

Jongin’s heart skipped a beat as Mr. Jung’s hand smacked across his cheek just as he finished his sentence, hard enough to leave a red imprint of his fingers on his face. His head snapped to the side instantaneously, and he just tried gathering his thoughts before staring shamelessly down at the table again. Jongin clinched his fists tightly and tried his best not to shout or argue, because he knew if he acted assertively, it would only make matters worse for the two of them.

“Daddy!” Jessica yelled when her father tried clawing at Jongin again with furious shrieks, separating him from Jongin with tears coiled in her eyes. “Daddy, stop! It’s not his fault!”

“Everything’s his fault! If you hadn’t gone off to meet this , you would never be in the situation as what you are right now! What were you thinking, getting pregnant instead of finishing your education, Jung Soo Yeon?!” Mrs. Jung suddenly interfered.

“But I’ve dropped out from college, and I’m gonna keep it—”

“You’re going to what? You did what?” she seethed, pointing at Jongin, “You filthy rascal! You dare knocked up my daughter and ruin our family name like this?!”

“Mommy!”

“Well that’s enough!” Mr. Jung voice out back in which making everyone to silent. Mr. Jung pulled on Jessica’s hand lightly and said, “You’re not keeping that baby! We’re taking you back home right now—”

“No!” Jongin yelled, suddenly summoned up from his meditative state to pry Jessica’s arm free from his death grip. “You’re not erasing our baby! You have no right to kill a life like that!”

“Excuse me?” Mrs. Jung growled, before her husband could say anything again. “We are her parents.”

“And I’m her lover!” Jongin argued, pushing Jessica gently to his back because he knew she would only try to stop him from fuelling the fire. “I’m in love with her,” he declared, squeezing his hand tightly around Jessica’s, “And she’s having my baby because it’s the proof that you guys can’t meddle with it!

“Chagiya, that’s enough!” Jessica said, freed her hand from Jongin’s hold and allowed herself to be tugged to her mother’s side. “I’m going with my parents!” she told him sternly, making Jongin to gasp in surprise.

What in the world had made Jessica to change her mind in just a second?

“You heard her now, boy. You won’t ever see your ... pathetic excuse for a lover again,” Mrs. Jung told with a smirk.

“Get the hell out from my daughter’s life!” Mr. Jung gave his last warning.

Jongin wished he had more in him to stop Jessica from leaving, but it hurt to see her sharp glare that she threw to him. It tore his heart to pieces, but he couldn’t do anything but yelled and cried in frustration as he watched Jessica and her parents leaved in their car.

Jessica had left him and killed their first ever child.

 

******

 

“Appa … I’m sorry.”

A girl was about to make herself to jump off from the 20-storey building was feeling surprised when suddenly she heard a guy shouted and pulled her immediately into his embrace.  

“What the hell you think you’re doing?!” Jongin shouted at her with a nervous expression, and the girl was struggling hard to release herself.

“Let go off me! Let go! Let go! Let go! There’s no reason for me to live in this world anymore!”

The girl was then screaming hysterically.  

 

******

 

“Make a promise. Not to your dad, not to me, but yourself. Promise to yourself that you’re not going to repeat this crazy action ever again. Let them hate you, let them ignore you, let them say and talk bad things about you. Just let them. If you’re looking this at a different perspective, those bullies are the one who look pathetic because they took the time out of their pathetic lives to bother to think about you. Your world’s not gonna end by them. You life’s not gonna end by them.

Just focus about the positive things in your life. Just focus to the person who loves you more than anyone else in this world, your father. Don’t think that everyone in this world hates you. That’s just so childish. See here. I don’t hate you. I’m not scared of you. You don’t even look weird in my eyes. Although I just knew you for few hours, I could already tell what type of person you are. You’re unique, in a good way, and the uniqueness of yours is the thing that makes you look so special. I bet your father is thinking the same too.

You have to make your life to move on, Kyungsoo. It’s not the people who can decide what you should do for your life. It’s you, yourself. I’m in the middle of starting a new life. I’ve been experienced a hurtful thing in my life too, two months ago. I could be like you just now. Commit suicide, but what will I get after that? People who love us will become the one to suffer, and the one who hate us will be clapping their hands in happiness when they hear the news about our death. See? We will get nothing and make our loved ones to suffer. I don’t think you want to see your father to suffer, aren’t you?”

Jongin could see regret in her eyes. Since then, Kyungsoo had started to move on, to lead herself to a better life with the help of Jongin. From what she had told him, Jongin was her saviour. Jongin had taught her to be independent and confident with herself. Jongin kind of had taught her every positive thing, and that included ...  love.

 

******

 

“Do Kyungsoo, will you make me the happiest man ever in this world? Will you accept me to be the love of your life, and let me to be your protector forever? We’re just meant to be for each other. I love you, Kyungsoo-yah.”

 

******

 

“It’s been three years since Jessica suffers from this serious depression. I know this is me and my husband’s fault. The day when she followed us to go back home, she was crying non-stop. She was so confused at that time. Although she had stopped from becoming a filial child since she met you, that night she tried to listen to us because she knew how much important the parents than her lover. We’ve forced her to get an abortion, and we were being too strict to her since the case between she and you happened. Her condition had become worst day by day, and this year, she tried to kill herself. We’re so sorry Jongin. We need your help. No, not us. Jessica needs you. She can’t forget you. You’re the one who can make her life happy. Please Jongin, she needs you.”

“B-but I … I have a wife.”

“Please Jongin, we can’t afford to lose our child. She’s like a soulless person now. Bring back the old Jung Soo Yeon to us and to you too.  We know that you still love her. If you don’t, you’re not going to react like this. If you really love your wife, you’re not going to feel hesitate to shout at us and tell us to get lost and tell us that you only need and love your wife."

 

******

 

“Kyungsoo-yah … I’m sorry.”

 

******

 

 

 

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. Please forgive me, yeobo. Please forgive me.”

“Jagi, jagiya wake up. Jagiya, you’re crying in your sleep.” Jessica shook her fiancé’s shoulder for many times until it made Jongin to finally wake up. “What’s wrong with you? You’re crying like crazy,” she told again, wiping the tears from Jongin’s cheek with her thumbs.

Jongin couldn’t say anything. His dream, aka the past memories of him just now had really made him to lose his mood.

(Do’s House)

“Here. I still keep all your mom’s clothes, you know. You can take her maternity clothes if you want to. Choose it.”

Chanyeol opened up the box for Kyungsoo, and the daughter then sat next to it, started to take a look at her mom’s clothes. Just like what her dad had once told her when she was little, her mom was a tomboy. There were lots of male shirts in the box, and she chuckled when she saw it.

“Appa?”

“Yes, sweetie?” Chanyeol answered from the changing room.

“Do you really love omma?”

She aired her question in a quite loud voice; afraid that her father wasn’t listening to her. Her question had automatically acted like a large magnet that could pull her father out from the changing room and then sat opposite her while frowning.

“Why did you ask that, Kyungsoo?”

A worried line marked on his forehead, and Kyungsoo grinned slightly.

“Just wanna act like an investigator for a while …?”

She chuckled. Chanyeol was just smiling warmly looking at her daughter who seemed rather happy than she was yesterday.

“You know what? You do take your mom’s cute face and resembles her sometimes,” he said; ruffling her hair till it looked like a mess.

Appa~! You should answer my question.”

Kyungsoo pretended to be angry.

“Alright, alright. What was the question again?”

“I ask you, do you really love omma?” she repeated her question.

“Of course I really love her, Kyungsoo. I can’t really explain it with words, you know,” he answered confidently.

“Was mom really special to you?” she asked him again.

“Was? Your mom is always special to me. Even though she’s no longer in this world, she will always be the special and important woman in my life. She had sacrificed a thing for me. A very big sacrifice. That was to bring you out into this world. You make our lives feel completed. That is what makes your mom become more special to me,” Chanyeol answered her with sincerity; his hand was naughtily ruffling Kyungsoo’s hair again.

“Ap—appa … do you … do you feel lonely? Did you ever think to find me a new mom before?” she continued to ask her father a question again.

Chanyeol let out a low huff and then wiped the tears that had been lining on his tear ducts before it started to stream down on his cheeks. He then stared at his daughter’s face while making a fake smile.

“What are you asking me about, sweetie? Appa doesn’t feel lonely. Your mom is always being beside me, beside you. She’s still here with us although we can’t see her. And I never thought of finding you a new mom. Not once in my life. Not because I stick with my promise that I’ve made to her before, that I will never gonna find another lover if she died. It’s because I truly love her. I only love her. Appa loves omma so much, Kyungsoo-yah. Your mom is my first love; she is the first to everything in my life. I’ve touched her, and I’m not gonna do it to another woman because I only need your mom. Not anyone else.”

Kyungsoo couldn’t hold herself from not to cry and just let her tears to roll down on her cheeks. She got up and then hugged her father, bursting out in his embrace. She was lucky to have his father, and she was glad that her mom had chosen a really nice man for herself. She was happy that her mom must be living happily up there because she knew that her husband was so loyal to her and didn’t stop from loving her although she had left him for twenty four years already. Her parents’ love story was the real true love story.

At that moment, how she wished she could end up with Jongin just like her parents. No, she didn’t wish any of them to die. She wished that their love could be just like them.

“I wish Jongin was like you appa, but I know that there’s no use anymore. He isn’t gonna be like you, and I really need you to help me to go through all this, especially for tonight. Ne, appa? Promise me?”

 

 

 

It was really an emotional moment for both father and daughter.