Manager Problem

Approaching A Lion

The manager looked from one member to the other and back again. He was a happily married man… to a woman of course, but he was an open minded happily married man. For all he could care, everyone should be able to go out with or love who they want…

But why did it have to be Vixx? Sure they hadn’t explicitly ‘said’ anything on the subject, currently they were all sitting sheepishly opposite him on the large sofa in their dorm, avoiding eye contact. Where should he even begin? The fact that he had walked in on Ravi and N in a heated discussion and Leo and Ken alone in a room… holding hands, he shook his head. Then on top of that he had had to pick up Hongbin and Hyuk in a secluded garden, because they had ‘gotten lost’ and were sure they had been followed by a fan.
When he had signed up for the job, he thought the biggest problem would be keeping their girlfriends secret, but now.. their ‘boyfriends’?

Now he was definitely sure something was going on between Leo and Ken, with Hongbin and Hyuk he wasn’t 100% sure and N and Ravi well, those two had always been inseparable but if they followed the trend, they surely were together! Or maybe! They had set the trend, he eyed the leader with a look of betrayal. 

 

“And there is absolutely nothing you guys want to tell me?” He tried for the hundredth time; it really wasn’t in his interest to speak out the elephant in the room. The thing was he loved the boys really, they were good kids and did what they were told, but this might be a number to big and it would definitely cause a problem in the future!


N and Ravi looked to the others, the members exchanging glances and shaking their heads, before turning to the manager and stating, “At the moment there is nothing we feel that you need to know… should something come up we will definitely let you know first!”
Their manager sighed, “Do try let me know first before the public…. And the boss! Definitely let me know before the boss!!” That way he could try protect them from him, it wasn’t much but they were very dear to him. They could love one another if they really wanted to … but with their status as idol and image to uphold the boss would definitely not have it.


“Okay, get to bed all of you schedule tomorrow early!” without hesitation the younger member scrabbled out of the sofa and scampered into the bedrooms, N staying seated, knowing there was something else the manager wanted to say.


“Look N, you guys, you have your free will and can do –even if slightly limited- almost everything you want, but don’t you think you as a leader should set a good example. You should know what they are doing will someday be their downfall…” he tried to talk some sense into the leader, even though they hadn’t said that they were going out with one another N had realized they hadn’t really been able to fool their manager.

There was some truth in his words, if the boss knew it would end bad, “I understand, hyung. But I will protect them with all I can until the day where I cannot do that anymore. The members are like family to me and under my supervision I will make sure that nothing gets out and they get to enjoy themselves a little bit longer!” Another sigh escaped the manager, “I’m sure you will, Hakyeon. However what about you and Ravi? Will you be able to protect yourselves?”

He noticed N freeze up for the first time since he had announced he needed to talk to Vixx since picking up the youngest, it couldn’t possibly mean… had he been wrong about them? “But you guys are always together and really close, people could misundersta-“ N violently coughed interrupting the manager from speaking further, a slightly pained look in his eyes, “Don’t worry about it, I’ll protect ALL of the members!”
Somehow the manager knew he might have said something wrong, maybe there really wasn’t anything between Ravi and N? Impossible, they were like two peas in a pod. He raised his hands in defeat, “Okay, but do let me know when thing get to the point of exploding!” Hakyeon held his gaze and nodded, the manager had faith he would really do it, and with that he announced he too would retired and retreated back into his own room to call his beloved wife and ask for her opinion.

“Hakyeon…?” the leader was ripped out of his thoughts as he looked up and saw Ravi leant against the door frame, arms crossed across his chest, a towel strung across his shoulders, he was still in his clothes and by the look of things he hadn’t made it to the bathroom to clean up. “Ah… hello,” he managed a weak smile to the younger member, “How long have you been standing there?” Ravi shrugged, “Let’s say I never left” Ah, N sighed so he had heard, he had been caught off guard by the Ravi and him question, sure he had suspected that the manager knew about Ken and Leo and Hyuk and Hongbin but he had thought that Ravi and him would be seen as a normal relationship…. Or not?

He suddenly felt a finger poke his forehead, and looked up in surprise only to look into a big warm Ravi smile. “If you think to hard, you’ll get wrinkles exactly here!” Hakyeon rolled his eyes and pushed the rappers hand away from him, “Ha! Will you still love me if I was old or ugly?”

And he felt his blood freeze.
Ah, he saw it now. He had fallen back into their typical relationship pattern, where they teased one another about stuff like this. It was so natural for them, they always supported one another and knew each other really well that is why they had been able to reach this kind of relationship. Maybe that is why the manager misunderstood...

Another poke to his forehead startled him out of his thoughts again, this time Ravi was really close and leaning over him, towel almost falling onto the leader, his voice dangerously low. Hakyeon felt his breathe catch in his throught as the younger one whispered, “If you get so distracted like that, I might take advantage of it and make my move…”

Hakyeon’s jaw dropped, what had he just said?! “Excuse me?” This wasn’t how they usually joked around? His heart as racing and his cheeks flaming bright red like never before. Mind in a panic.


And just as quickly as he had come, Ravi pulled back, standing straight, “You didn’t hear my answer so I thought I’d shock you into paying attention to me!” The younger stuck out his tongue, and Hakyeon laughed, now things were back to normal.


Ravi smiled and held out a hand, “Bed?” N looked at him, mirroring the smile and taking the hand, letting himself be pulled in direction of the bathroom, with the scare of the Leo and Hyuk incident and then the manager almost discovering them, he was grateful for Ravi to make him smile, and he really could do with some sleep.

__________________

 

Meanwhile in the other room, “What do you mean N and Ravi have never officially announced they’re together?!” Hyuk’s eyes were large as saucers, Ken clamped a hand over his mouth, “Shhh what if they heard you?!” Leo who had known all along, just shrugged. “We all just naturally assumed they were together, I mean they are basically made for one another…” Hongbin tilted his head, Hyuk was still in shock.

“We will have to see how things develop with the pressure of the manager… but guys! Let’s be good! Otherwise we will cause Hakyeon trouble!” Ken announced to the little group and three head diligently nodded at his suggestion.