Poking the Lion

Approaching A Lion

With their little deal, things got a lot better. The day was easier to deal with, when they shared a sweet morning kiss. Or ended on a good note, with a slow and gentle good night kiss.
Soon they started having more free time, promotion time was nearing it’s end, things seemed to calm down around the house. N appeared more relaxed, not having to chase them so much anymore and with that the beatings he gave also subsided. Ravi was keeping an eye on him never the less.

 

One day, Ken found himself on the couch with Leo’s head in his lap, sleeping. Thoughtfully he the other’s hair, watching his sleeping face, it was like before: he was now able to care more for Leo.

 

He had stepped up the snack game and taken to help with the cooking with the manager and N, they were a little surprised but didn’t turn down the extra pair of hands.

 

So funny, his lion, laying here on his lap, like a kitten- oh no he’d be skinned alive if he said that. 

 

Well, he did recall from a documentary he watched ages ago, lions did sleep most of the day to store energy. A giggle erupted as he recalled the montage of sleeping lions, yawning and sleeping so innocently, even though they were the kings of the savannah, they too looked like kittens if they did that. 

 

Kind of like his lion, he grinned at the sleeping figure. 

 

Leo did have the habit of sleeping whenever possible, be it car, practice room, dressing room you name it, he was able to sleep anywhere.

 

What else had that documentary said about lions? He racked his brain. Nothing, it had been such a long time ago.

 


But now a nagging sensation had arisen and he was genuinely curious as to what other parallels could be pulled. A small voice in his mind told him it was a stupid idea but in the end the sensation was bigger. 

 

Very carefully, he took a pillow. With his one hand he gently lifted his boyfriend’s head and like a ninja, he was up and the pillow took his place. Frozen, he watched the figure on the couch. A growl and then silence. The vocal tip toed to the desk across the room, as he sat down he looked around to check for any signs of disturbances.

 

A smile emerging on his face, the younger one started typing: “Lions” and clicked the first site that popped up. After skimming through some unimportant stuff it got good:

 

                … the male lion is easily recognized by it’s mane…

 

He giggled, Leo had a mane too, the Hyde era definitely but even now, Ken couldn’t deny that Leo’s hair wasn’t thick and luscious. His eyes carried on, eagerly.

 

…  the mane may provide an excellent intimidation display …

 

Ken died. Leo’s reaction to his Hyde hair was definitely a ‘excellent intimidation display’, the hairdresser had almost died, only with the combined help of everyone in Vixx, plus manager, plus other hairdressers was the man alive today. Not to mention on a daily basis there was alot of intimidation display from his lion.

 

            … the rule of thumb is the darker and fuller the mane, the healthier the lion..

 

Check, the sleeping figure on the couch with his black hair, thanks to Voodoo, was definitely healthy,

 

            .. and females are seen to choose the one with the darkest mane…

 

Well, not only females, Ken grinned.

 

            ...Lions spend much of their time resting and are inactive for about 20 hours per day...

 

Here we go, he thought. His memory hadn’t failed him in this point.

 

             ... they are mostly social...

 

He was seeing a pattern here

 

… Males, as a rule, live at least some portion of their lives as nomads

 

Well, true but now, he smiled lovingly, Leo didn’t have to be a nomad anymore.

 

… communication … most common peaceful tactile gestures are head rubbing and social

 

Ken tilted his head, “Social ”? Like kisses! And the head rubbing, well Leo did like it when he touched his hair, which is on his head, which means head rubbing is confirmed!

 

...Lions have the loudest roar of any big cat…  They most often roar at night; the sound, which can be heard from a distance of 8km, is used to advertise the animal's presence...

 

Ah, yes, Leo’s voice… his mind wondered and a dreamy smile grew on his face. He would give anything to always be able to listen to the other vocal sing

 

          ...Cultural depictions:

 

Interesting

 

            … King of the Jungle

 

Yes

 

            … King of Beasts…

 

Yes

 

            …in China there are many imperial guardian lions, placed in front of palaces…
Impressive 

 

            … the lion dance is a form of traditional dance in Chinese culture…

 

Ken smiled, Leo dancing. Aigo, that’d be too cute.

 

            … the dance is performed in a lion costume …

 

He paused, Leo… in a lion onesie… omo! He had to get him to do that one day! The vocal giggled at the mere thought of it.

 

“In your dreams….” 

 

He froze in mid giggle, his blood ran cold. Why was there a voice… right behind him?

 

Wait, why was there warmth in his back and a big … menacing aura????
Very slowly, like in slow motion, Ken turned around.

 

Oh oh.

 

“Hehe… hey Leo…. “ the older one was glaring at him, in the reflection of his eyes Ken could already see his funeral being organized.

 

“Say, how long have you been here?” he asked nervously. 
“’Social ’ kind of got my attention…” Oh no! He had been here for so long! And had he said that out loud?! What an idiot!
Wait if he had said that out loud then-

 

“Yes, you also gave away your plan to get me in a … I believe you call it ‘lion onesie’…” the other growled.

 

“I’m going to die now aren’t I?” Ken managed, Leo nodded. Oh well, this was the end. Good by cruel world. 
At least he got to kiss Leo before he left. 

 

With that Leo moved, in one movement he reached down and spun Ken’s chair around, grabbing the other by his t shirt, pulling him up and

 

Wait

 

Wasn’t he going to die? 

 

Why… why … why was he being kissed? Were the last sensible thoughts in Ken’s mind.

 

Leo was kissing him with such curiosity and strength that the chair rolled back into the desk with a bump. It caused the younger to jump a bit but it didn’t faze the older one. Ken was now being pressed up into the furniture piece; Leo’s other hand on one of its arms. The lion bit Ken’s lip, causing the other to yelp in surprise, letting him in. With ease, Leo dominated the younger’s mouth, his tongue tasting, challenging the other.
Ken was absolutely bewildered, his brain not being able to function, too surprised from what was happening. He got another shock as Leo’s hand moved from the arm of the chair and wrapped itself around his waist, pulling him closer to Leo. By doing this and having his shirt held already, the piece of material gave up and that hand met skin.
This time he gasped, Leo letting him, lack of air affected both of them. The contact between the hand and his back was unfamiliar. As the younger tried to get his breathe back, Leo was at his neck, his hand drawing patterns on Ken’s back. His hand was so distracting, no one had ever touched him like that.

 

It was so warm.
“OW!” The younger was ripped from his thoughts as a sharp pain grew on his neck, he stared at Leo. What?

 

The lion grinned, loosening his hold on the other. Something on his neck tingles. Wait
Oh no he didn’t! Ken jumped up, running straight for the bathroom. He almost flew over the slippery tiles but managed it to the mirror alive.
The hickey on his neck greeted him happily in the mirror, the feeling wasn’t mutual. He heard a chuckle from behind him.
“YA! JUNG TAEKWOON YOU !” He wailed, causing the other’s smile only to widen, “How could you? Look at this!!”
“Well… I did say you would die..” Leo came up behind him, wrapping his arms around Ken’s waist, the younger only able to stare at the red thing on his neck and huff. “Look here... it is low enough for a shirt to hide it, ” Ken watched in the mirror as the other bent down and lovingly kiss the mark, he was right, it low on his collar bone and was easy to cover.

 

“You know why I did this...?” the older vocal murmured into his skin. 

 

Ken pouted, “…. because I wanted to see you in an onesie?”

 

The other let his head rest on Ken’s shoulder, letting out an exasperated breath.  After a pause he looked up, meeting Ken’s eyes in the mirror, “No, you idiot…”

 

“Because of ‘social ’?”, now Ken wasn’t sure. As Leo shook his head he got even more confused.

 

"Was it the loudest roar, because I like your roar! I mean your voice! I mean well... I have no clue..." the younger gave up.

 

Leo buried his head back into Ken’s shoulder, nuzzling it gently.

 

Another pause.

 

“… you researched lions…

 

 

 

… why would you research lions…?

 

 

 

They won’t tell you what you want to know…

 

 

 

Because…

 

 

 

Only you know how to take care of me…

 

…. after all...

 

... I am your lion…”

 

By the last part, Leo had looked up, shyly.
Ken’s heart skipped a beat no that was an understatement, his heart stopped. The look the other gave him overwhelmed him. It had love in it, shyness and that determination, it was his Leo.

 

Leo was his lion. Leo knew he is his lion. What more could he want? 
That was it... he had gone and completely fallen for Leo. There was no other way of putting it.
Gently turning around too face at the real deal, Ken placed both his hands on either side of Leo’s cheeks, looking the other deep into his eyes, “Then let’s do this, my Leo. Will you accept me even though I want to see you in a onesie?” 

 

The lion snorted, why such a comment at a time like this? Never the less he held the younger's gaze, “Yes, I will.”

 

With that Ken smiled and gently pressed a kiss against the other’s lips, Leo automaticly pulling him closer. It was the sweetest thing ever.

 

No more nomad Leo.

 

                                                                                                                                               

 

Back in the living room, frozen as a statue... on the floor next to the couch... out of sight of the desk... sat Hyuk.

 

They.were.so.together! The past half an hour in that living room was more than enough proof. He wasn’t sure if he was ever able to look at his hyungs again. He wasn’t even sure if he could get his limbs to move, so long had he been sitting still, afraid for being caught.

 

As life slowly came back to his arms and legs, he got up and quietly made his way to his room. They were so close, and that kiss. He blushed. These were his hyungs he was thinking about! He shook his head.

 

But then again… it was one of his hyungs that he wanted to kiss. Wanted to be close with. But that person...
He sighed as he flopped down onto the bed. THat person wouldn't understand...  It was just not meant to be

 

A/N UPDATE: Hello there! Author here :) wanted to add: long chapter well done for reading all of it! Thank you for reading and hope you like it!
And now //Drumroll// hyuk wants to kiss a hyung?? Which hyung?? Why won't he understand? Aigoo poor maknae, what is going on!?
And with that I take my leave //takes drum and makes a run for it// see you next chapteeeerrr!!! <3