Just for tonight

Approaching A Lion

“Let’s watch a scary movie” N had said.

“It is apparently not that scary” he had said.

“Don’t worry” he had said.

Ken shot the culprit a glare from behind his pillow, which he had been using as protection.

As another ghost appeared on the screen he let out a wail and dived back into hiding.

The other members laughed at Ken’s reaction, he pouted and tried shooting them an evil look but since the ghost had started ripping an actor’s limbs off, it was back to the pillow.

Leo was the closest to the scardy cat, sitting on the couch behind the other, the other being on a pile of pillows in front of him with his shield pillow clutched tightly in both hands. Ravi and N were on the other sofa, whilst Hongbin and Hyuk had managed to sqeeze themselves on the one man sofa chair off to the side.

The black haired vocal was trying to sleep, but the constant fearful noises next to him weren’t helping. Scary movies didn't faze him and he liked to use this time the member's decided to watch one to catch up on sleep.

Maybe I should clobber him, maybe then he will be quiet, he thought, tempted by the idea.

But after a while he did feel sorry for the usually cheerful main vocal. He really wasn’t good with horror movies, Leo knew that he couldn’t sleep afterwards, even though he played as though he could.

As he reached out to tap the other’s shoulder, to suggest he leave and go to bed, there was another jump scare and this time Ken shot backwards in fright.

And it was possibly the second most scary thing for Ken, as he realized it was Leo he had landed on.

“Ah, I’m sorry, hyung!” as he tried bowing in apology whilst at the same time flailing around in a scabble to get away, in the dark Leo saw he had tears in his eyes. This babo, does he really think he can keep going? Leo shook his head at the stubbornness of the other.

He reached out and gently tugged Ken’s t shirt, Ken flinched in shock but was surprised as Leo leaned to the side and made a gesture inviting him to sit on the couch together. “Haha, nno need for that..." Ken tried to laugh it off, "I’m not scared… I can stay here!” The other shot him an annoyed look then grabbed his shirt again and tugged him down next to him, hardly giving him a choice.

“Wah, hyung, I’m not scared. You don’t have to-“ “SHH YOU’RE TOO LOUD!” N silenced any protest that would have come.

 

As they sat there, Leo felt Ken huff in the darkness, the other sat stiff and nervous, fidgeting with the edge of his shirt.He decided to go back to trying to sleep, this was all he could do to help the other. The noises of the other had dimmed down, he felt him start to relax.

Ken was secretly really grateful to be sitting next to Leo, even though Leo was scary he was at the same time strong and stable, he had to admit that sitting next to him made him feel safe and protected.

As he thought the other had fallen asleep, he carefully leant against him this helped alot when scary parts came. Unconsiously, leaning against the other felt awfully comfortable and he started feeling drowsy himself, hardly paying attention the what was happening on the TV anymore.

Little did he know, Leo wasn’t asleep, the minute the other’s weight had shifted onto him, he had never been more awake. He breathed in a slow rhythm, so the other wouldn’t realize he was awake. Ken shifted closer and closer every time a scary part came.

 Never had he been so close to the other vocal. Usually he would brush him off, push him away.

Being close to other people wasn’t his strong point but now on the couch with Ken as close as never before, it felt … nice. It actually felt quite nice.

As the movie ended, Leo shut his eyes tighter, giving his all to act like he was sleeping. He heard the others get up, but Ken stayed where he was. “Ken, what are you doing?” the others were surprised to see Ken next to the lion of the group. “Ah, is it over?” apparently Ken had dozed off a bit and was starting to get up.

Leo sighed slightly as the spot where Ken had lain was filled with cold air.

“Shhhh, Leo’s sleeping already, I’m going to go get him a blanket.” N held his word and a second later Leo was covered by a blanket.

The couch was comfortable and it wasn’t seldom that Leo slept there instead of the bedroom.

The members started whispering their good nights, goingt to brush teet and heading for the bedrooms.

All was going as normal

 

It must have been late, but Leo was woken by the sound of a door being opened.
Maybe Hyuk forgot to brush his teeth, Leo thought groggy, still half asleep. He rolled over towards the wall, with the intend of going back to sleep again but then he felt a weight seat itself next to him.

What? Who dares wake hi- “Hyung…” that was Ken’s voice. “Hyung, can I sleep here?” Ken whispered, “It is scary…”

Leo played with the idea of kicking Ken off the table, but before he could act Ken had slipped under the blanket and was already leanring against him.

He froze as the other wiggled around a bit to find a good position.

What was this?

Why can’t he kick him out off the couch?

He is so close...

As he tried reasoning with himself, the warmth of the other and soft snores that had started emitting from the others, Leo had to growl in defeat and swore,

Just for tonight…