Chapter 18.

[HIATUS] Complications

 

I woke up groggily, turning away from the bright rays of sunlight seeping in from the blinds. I checked the time. 8:48. I groaned and pulled the covers above my head, only to have them pulled completely off me, automatically making me scream from the loss of warmth. A hand quickly clamped over my mouth to prevent me from screaming any more. I calmed down after I found out whose hand it was.

“YAH, oppa, don’t scare me like that…” I pouted.

“Mianhe Jihyunnie, but wanna go out on a little date~? We have plenty of time before we have to leave and everything’s packed up anyways.”

“Alright~ I’ll get ready. Are the other oppas going?”

“Ani, they’re still sleeping. Tired from last night I guess…they stayed up laaate. I’ll be waiting for you at the door~” He said and left.

I went into the bathroom to wash up. Even though I was super tired, I was really excited to have some brother-sister bonding time with Taemin for the first time in a while… a while as in a couple of years. It was a very long night last night. It was kind of fun, kind of boring. Taemin wasn’t joking about everyone being there. Coordi unnies, managers, and everyone else backstage were even there. They had reserved a club, even if some of us were underage. They just didn’t let us anywhere near the bar. A lot of people got drunk; Super Junior oppas, Onew and Jonghyun oppa, and a few SNSD members. Taemin didn’t even let me go anywhere near them since he was scared I’d get hurt or something….and they’re his own hyungs! Well then again, they were pretty drunk…

I smirked as the thought of what I did to Jessica came into my mind. Now, most of the artists disliked her, maybe even some of her members. Now they knew the whole truth. It seems like she’s been lying about how I am for a while now… everyone didn’t believe me at first. Well, everyone except SHINee and a few other people. She probably hates my guts now but she can’t do anything about it. At least I got one person off my back. I don’t think I’ll be able to get any more off any time soon though…

I finished washing up and headed outside. As soon as oppa saw me, he opened the door and left, making me hurry up and rush after him. He always did this to make me hurry up…. I didn’t even take that long! I ran out the door without looking and smacked right into the back of oppa’s shirt, which made me sandwiched in between the door I just closed and oppa. I tried to tell him to move forward but he wouldn’t budge, so I tried opening the door to step back, only to have him stop me. He took out his phone and started to text someone. Not too long after, I received a text and immediately tried to take out my phone and read it.

“From: Taeminnie oppa ~

   There are reporters in front of Super Junior hyung’s room as soon as I open the door, run in and hide in your room, arasseo?”

I nodded against his back and he quickly opened the door to the room. I sped inside quietly and ran into my room, closing it shut behind me. I turned around and was about to jump into bed, but saw a big lump under my blankets. I could’ve sworn I tidied my bed this morning…

I walked over to my bed and pulled the blankets off, coming face to…shoulder with Key oppa? What was he doing here? I shook him and he shot up immediately and looked at me. He looked shocked..

“Oppa….why are you in my bed?”

“…I….I thought you were going out so I came in here to sleep because you actually had a bed and I thought it’d be comfier to sleep on…?” He gave me a small guilty smile.

I nodded and was about to tell him Taemin oppa was going to come in any minute when the door flung open. Key oppa and I froze as soon as we saw who it was.

*Taemin’s POV*

…What were Jihyunnie and hyung doing? Jihyunnie and hyung’s face were close together, like they were about to kiss. It kinda looked like Jihyunnie was going to seduce hyung… OMO WAS SHE? Wait no; if this was Jihyunnie she wouldn’t seduce Key… she would never do that and she doesn’t even like him. NO, WHO WAS THIS GIRL AND WHAT HAS SHE DONE TO MY PRETTY BABY SISTER? No… so then…. What was she doing? OMO, WERE THEY GOING TO KISS? OMO I JUST RUINED A MOMENT… no wait, that’s a good thing. Wait… I don’t know… OMO WHAT IF HYUNG WAS ABOUT TO KISS JIHYUNNIE? ANI ANI ANI ANI ANI I CAN’T LET THAT HAPPEN. Hyung, please don’t tell me you were going to confess….. OMO what if he already did? Wait why is hyung on Jihyunnie’s bed in the first place…

*Jihyun’s POV*

…What exactly was Taeminnie oppa thinking about? His facial expressions kept changing from being confused to scared to shocked to sad to….ugh just all this random stuff. Key had already gotten up from the bed and went over to Taemin, waving his hand in front of his face, just to have no response at all from Taemin. Key poked him and Taemin jumped away from Key, posing like a ninja ready to fight. I guess he was deep in thought…?

“Hyung, why were you on Jihyunnie’s bed?” Taemin asked after recovering from the shock, standing up straight again.

“I….wanted an actual bed to sleep on…?” Key said hesitantly.

Taemin whispered something in Key’s ear, making Key shake his head roughly. What did he ask him, if he was trying to seduce me? Ahahahahahaha no.

I suddenly saw Jonghyun’s head pop up behind the two oppas. They noticed him and brought him in their private convo. And now, I was all alone. Why…

RING DING DONG, RING DING DONG, RING, DIGGI DING, DIGGI-“ The song was suddenly cut off when Taemin answered the phone. Awww, and I was going to start dancing to it. I went back to listen to SHINee songs once in a while because I missed them sometimes. Well, except for Replay. They’re so mean, excluding dongsaengs from their song. Dongsaengs can be very pretty too!

“Alright, see you soon~” Taemin said with aegyo obvious in his voice. Oh, gee, I wonder who’s on the other side of the line. He turned to me and pouted.

“Yeah, yeah, do whatever you want. I’ll just walk around L.A all alone.” I muttered. He still didn’t have a clue that Sulli despised me. Well, how was I supposed to tell him? I’m sorry oppa, but your girlfriend hates me and wants me to get away from you and disappear from her sight forever. Tch, like that’s going to work. I wouldn’t even say that. He’ll probably go, ‘Oh, Sulli wouldn’t be like that~’ and put on this aegyo act so I would give in to him and not bother him anymore. Or, he could just run away with Sulli again and have the whole company blame me for anything that happens in the relationship or group, resulting me to leave SHINee and have Taeminnie disown me. Yep. That’s how the whole scenario plays in my head if I told him.

I heard the front door close shut as I snapped out of my thoughts. I sighed and started heading for the door, only to have Jonghyun oppa stop me from leaving.

Excuuuuuusee me, but where do you think you’re going with reporters and fans around?”

“………………..So I can’t even go out to explore L.A on my last day here too? This is probably going to be my last time here and I couldn’t do anything except watch you guys practice and hide in the bathroom or whatever…” I really wanted to go outside. L.A looked to nice to be trapped in a hotel for the next few hours I was here. I would beg if I had to! It was a nice, sunny day with a bit of a breeze, making it the perfect temperature to go to the beach or walk around.

Jonghyun sighed and let me go, but not without warning me about the reporters and fans. He just said to say that I was a coordi unnie if anyone asked, and obviously told me to bring my cellphone. I nodded and left. There were no reporters or fans on the floor. I took the stairs just in case, but completely forgot we were on the 9th floor of the building…well, at least I was going down the stairs and not up.

The lobby was full of people; fans, reporters, and clueless tourists that wanted to get a hotel room but couldn’t because of the crowd in front of the main desk. Many people were pushing and shoving, causing some people to fall. Minutes later, 5 big security guards told everyone to get out of the hotel and stay out. Many protested at first, but gave up when they realized that they weren’t going to win. A few security guards had asked me why I wasn’t getting outside, but showed them my hidden SMTown ID card and left me alone.

After a few minutes, the crows outside calmed down a little. I decided to go outside, only to have someone stop me again. I turned around to face a security guard, telling me to go through the back exit so it was safer. I thanked him and finally got out of the hotel. I walked a few blocks, stopping to look at the displays in the windows of a few shops, and sometimes even going in. I decided to get a little souvenir for SHINee oppas and JYJ oppas, so I went into a gift shop. I was about to pick up a cute little keychain for Jaejoong oppa when I heard a crowd of people come in, all noisy. I wanted to see why they were being so loud when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

“Excuse m-“

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So sorry this took me a week or more to write.... school started. D: I'll try to update more quicker if I can~ 

Thank you for reading ~ Please comment<3 ^^