Chapter 13.

[HIATUS] Complications

A/N: I'm really sorry if you like SNSD TT TT..... *bows 948729879248574 times*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

*Jihyun’s POV*

Ugh, I’m so tired. Now was when I kinda regretted coming. It was 3:30 in the morning, and we were in the parking lot of the airport, waiting to see if the airport was infested with fans. I put my head on Taemin oppa’s shoulder and closed my eyes. We had already waited for 18 minutes. Everyone was slowly drifting off to sleep. I was about to fall asleep too when suddenly, the door burst open and the manager’s head poked in.

“Alright, it’s okay to go now. But Jihyun, cover yourself up because there may be reporters hiding.” I nodded and tied my hair up and put a cap on.

We exited the van, grabbing our suitcases and going into the airport. Almost immediately, I recognized some artists like Super Junior and SNSD. Super Junior was busy talking to their manager, and SNSD was standing by the big windows, looking out at the airplanes coming back in and taking off.

“Annyeong Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin. Who’s this?” I heard Sunny ask and saw SNSD approaching us.

“Annyeong Sunny~ This is Taemin’s sister, Jihyun.”

I bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo~”

“Since when did Taemin have a sister? Are you sure she’s a sister and you guys aren’t just protecting a fan or something? You did that before, you know.” Jessica rudely stated.

I was taken aback. Normally, people would just say yes and move on. Why was Jessica being like this? Or was she always? There were always some fan accounts of her being rude…

“Ani, she really is my sister, Jessica noona. Last time was an accident, I just blurted it out.” Taemin calmly replied.

“Well, good luck with the reporters. There are quite a few here. Anyways, let’s go, manager oppa might be looking for us. We’re supposed to be on the other side of the airport.” SNSD left, following Jessica.

“Aish, what is WITH that girl? Is she jealous or something? Every time we’re around a girl, she acts like we’re HER’S or something. Jihyun’s just a sibling to us, seriously. Unless….” Jonghyun looked at Key, and Key quickly shook his head and secretly pointed to his left. Reporters were headed our way. I quickly ran into the girls’ bathroom, texting Taemin to tell me when to come out.

I sighed. I was about to come out of the stall I was hiding in when I heard the door burst open, and a familiar voice speaking up. I stopped and listened.

“That Jihyun girl. I don’t like her. She doesn’t really seem like Taemin oppa’s sister. Like seriously, why would their family hide that there’s another sibling in the first place? It makes no sense.” Sulli complained.

“And Key kept staring at her…. Does he like her?” I heard Amber whisper. More like he hates me, I thought.

“Guys, why would they tell a lie about her being Taemin’s sister? That makes no sense. And don’t worry, I’m pretty sure Key likes you.” Luna said.

“Well either way, we don’t like her. I want her to disappear. She’s in my way of getting Taemin, and Amber unnie’s way of getting Key. What about you Krystal? Don’t you like Minho or something?”

“Ne…but I could really care less about Jihyun being there. She’s not in my way or anything.” Krystal responded quietly.

“Wae? How do you know for sure that she’s not doin-“

“Minho oppa tells me these things. And she doesn’t even like SHINee anymore. She got over them a long time ago.”

“What if she’s telling a lie? Whatever. I don’t like her. I will get rid of her. Right, Amber unnie?” Sulli sounded determined.

“Well… I don’t really want to get rid of her. I mean seriously, she didn’t do anything to me…. I’m just scared that Key-“

“If she disappeared, you’d know if Key likes you. And I’m pretty sure he does. But how will he hang out with you if Jihyun’s always home and Taemin oppa always wants everyone to spend time with her?”

I didn’t hear any reply from Amber unnie.

“Exactly. So we have to make her disappear from Taemin oppa’s life. And I have just the plan. Let’s-“

Sulli’s ‘plan’ was interrupted by a phone ringing. I heard Luna unnie talk to someone. After she was finished, they left. I guess they had to go.

So Sulli unnie…. Wanted to get rid of me? But…. I liked staying with SHINee oppas. Even thought I had to get up early and all that stuff, it was really fun. They always made jokes that made me feel comfortable in their dorm. And I was pretty sure that Key oppa did NOT like me.

And besides….there was Minho oppa’s deal.

What did I do to be hated so much? I just met Jessica and she didn’t like me. And apparently, Sulli unnie doesn’t like me either. I didn’t like SHINee oppas like that and I’m pretty sure it was obvious. They didn’t like me back like that anyways. Jonghyun and Onew oppa treat me like their little sister, Minho already likes Krystal, and Key’s just cold to me.

My phone vibrated. I wiped away the tears that were threatening to fall down my face.

“From: YOUR AWESOME BROTHER :)<3

   Jihyun-ah, come quickly. The reporters are gone. We’re waiting for the rest of the SM arists to come, so no more reporters can really get in. We’re at the gates. The plane can arrive any minute now.”

I ran out to the gates, hoping that I wouldn’t run into f(x) unnies. I saw Taemin oppa waving at me and doing INFINITE’s ‘Dashi Dorawa’ dance. He was even mouthing the words. I saw Jonghyun oppa and Onew oppa beside him, starting to do the same thing.

I stopped and smiled. I was lucky to have an oppa like Taemin, and lucky to have met SHINee oppas. I pushed the negatives thoughts out of my head for now. Maybe I could get over Sulli unnie and Jessica’s hatred. I quickly ran over to Taemin oppa and gave him a big hug, him doing the same thing. I couldn’t show that I was sad. It’d just ruin his mood. He wouldn’t be able to concentrate.

It was for the best after all. Compared to Taemin oppa, I was nothing. Just a random person living with her brother. Who would care about me?

We walked towards the gate together.

Wait…but what was Sulli unnie planning to do?

~~~~

*Sulli’s POV*

This was perfect.

Say goodbye to your beloved Taemin oppa, Jihyun. He won’t care about you after this. He can’t stick with his sister forever.