Chapter 16.

[HIATUS] Complications

 

*Jihyun’s POV*

……So I guess a lot of fans were at the mall yesterday. I was scrolling through pages and pages of fancams and pictures of the kiss from yesterday. I clicked a random video and looked at the comments. There were a lot like “AWWWWW, THAT’S SO CUTE~” and “Wow already? Fast relationship much…” and “Sulli’s so lucky…..I’m so jealous!”. I was amazed no one really hated Sulli. People probably thought they were a cute couple. I checked a few other videos. It was kind of funny because 2 of them were filled with hate comments, and the rest weren’t.

Someone suddenly knocked on my door rapidly. I went to see who it was. I quickly opened the door, coming face to face with SHINee minus Taemin.

“Jihyun. Have you seen Taemin?”

“……Why would he come here anyways? He probably went with his girlfriend.”

Just then, we heard a phone ring. It was Taemin’s phone in the other room, so we quickly went to look for it. Once we found it, we checked who had called.

…Sulli? Why would she be calling? Wouldn’t Taemin be with….. I looked towards the door to find Taemin standing there with bags in his hand. Did he buy breakfast?

“……Why are you guys looking at my phone?”

“Your girlfriend called. We were just checking cause it was ringing.”

He nodded, understanding, and gave the bags to Onew and sat beside me. I looked at him like he was crazy, but he just looked at the bags, avoiding my glare.

I looked back at Onew opening the bags to find 6 bags of Burger King. I unconsciously my lips. I haven’t had Burger King in so long….but… it was pretty unhealthy…

I quickly looked away from the burgers and looked at Taemin. He acted like nothing happened yesterday… did he see the news or go on the internet yet? What did they even talk about yesterday…

~~~~

*Jonghyun’s POV*

Woow. Is Taemin seriously acting like nothing happened yesterday? I wasn’t serious about that….who would be? Seriously….

~~~~

*Taemin’s POV*

Sigh. This is so hard…how do I apologize to everyone? ‘Sorry, but I think you have it wrong. Sulli’s the one who kissed me.’? Like they’ll really forgive me like that. But I seriously didn’t kiss her! What else was I supposed to do…would they forgive me if I said sorry for kissing her? But I seriously didn’t kiss her….. I want to crawl into a ball and hide in a corner right now…

I looked up to see hyungs staring at me expectantly. Yep. They wanted me to apologize. I mentally sighed and cleared my throat, making Jihyun stare at me too. She just makes it even worse…. She looks so hurt….it’s all my fault. Seriously, I can perform on stage in front of thousands of people, but I don’t have the courage to apologize? This isn’t right.

“Uhm…..I……I’m sorry about what happened yesterday. I didn’t mean to…” I paused. What am I saying? I didn’t even do anything.

“……I mean….Ididn’tkissSullishekissedmeandIdon’tevenknowwhysheevendidthatseriouslyI’mnotlying!” I said quickly. A few minutes of silence passed by.

“…..Really Taemin?” Key asked. I nodded.

“……Alright I guess. But seriously Taemin, the next time you’re in a relationship, tell us. And……try avoiding kissing in public please.” Onew said.

“But hyungs, what are we going to do about the videos and stuff online?”

“You’re going to take care of them. That’s your punishment. “ Jonghyun said and I nodded slowly. I looked over at Jihyun, who didn’t even say anything. Her head was down so I couldn’t see her face.

“Jihyun….?” I asked slowly, scared that she was still mad at me. I still felt really guilty…she didn’t deserve to be lied to.

“Ne?” She looked up slowly. I could see she was crying before, little streaks of tears evident on her face.

“…I’m….sorry I didn’t tell you the night after we got here when you asked. I…” Wait. Why didn’t I tell her? I didn’t even have a reason…I just… didn’t tell her.

“….It’s okay….but next time, tell us…..arasseo? And tell us when you go out or at least remember your cellphone. What if something bad happened? We wouldn’t know….” I nodded and she smiled. But something  was a little off about her smile…it looked like something was still troubling her. I hugged her tightly.

“If something’s wrong, tell me okay? I’m your brother. Don’t hide things from me.” I whispered softly enough for only her to hear. I felt her nod against my shoulder and she let go, backing away from the hug.

I looked back at hyungs. They…..started eating….

“YAH, HYUNGS, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHY DIDN’T YOU WAIT FOR JIHYUNNIE TO START EATING??”

“How were we supposed to know exactly how long you were going to take? We’re hungry!” Jonghyun exclaimed.

I sighed and grabbed two bags, one for Jihyun and another for me. She quickly opened the bag and took out a hamburger and fries. I did the same thing, my lips.

“Jalmokkessumnida~” We said together and started to eat.

“……Taemin, why didn’t you buy drinks?”

“…..Oops?” I smiled sheepishly.

I heard Jihyun sigh, followed by her getting up and going over to the mini fridge and grabbing 6 water bottles. I smiled and her and said thanks.

~~~~~

*Jihyun’s POV*

I felt a cold breeze. And then another. And then-

I looked up to see many people rushing back and forth. I saw Leeteuk oppa looking at me while getting his hair done. I waved to him, grinning. He smiled and waved back, turning his attention back to his phone. I looked to his left and saw Eunhyuk oppa, also getting his hair done but talking to Leeteuk oppa. I kept looking down the whole row to see all the Super Junior members getting their hair done, plus a few SNSD members.

I looked around for Taeminnie oppa. I spotted him talking to…Sulli. Of course. I looked around again for Jonghyun oppa. I suddenly felt a pair of hands covering my eyes.

Guess who~~~” A familiar playful voice said.

“Jonghyun oppa.” I said bluntly.

“……I should really just stop talking when I do that, shouldn’t I.” He sighed and I nodded, smiling at him.

“Aigoo, why are you so cuuuteeeeee~~~???” Jonghyun cooed and pinched my cheeks. I pouted and denied it, making him pinch them even harder.

“Liar. Look.” He looked around for someone. I took the time to remove his hands from my cheeks.

“YUNHO HYUNG! Come here for a bit.” My head shot up at the mention of Yunho’s name and looked in the direction Jonghyun was looking at.

I gasped. Yunho. U-Know. Jung Yunho. The leader of DBSK/TVXQ!/THSK, was walking in my direction. I tried really hard not to squeal and go into fangirl mode, but failed. As soon as he was in front of us, talking to Jonghyun oppa, I squealed. He looked at me surprised, then smiled sweetly. I was about to squeal again when Jonghyun abruptly stood up.

“YAH, why didn’t you squeal when you saw us? Are we not as awesome as Yunho hyung?”

I almost said yes when I thought about what Jonghyun oppa would do. I quickly shook my head, earning a giggle from Yunho oppa. I looked at him again and quickly stood up to bow, greeting him. He said hello back. I almost fainted. Yunho oppa said hi to me. He was talking to me. He was smiling at me. OMO OMO OMO OMO.

“Anyways, hyung, the reason I called you here is to ask you something. Don’t you think she’s cute~~~?” He pinched my cheeks again and I automatically pouted. I tried to get my poor cheeks out of his grip, only to have him pull me closer to him. By the cheeks.

“……Ne, she’s cute..but don’t you think that you’re being a little too abusive to her poor cheeks?” Yunho oppa said. YES OMG, YUNHO OPPA I LOVE YOU.

“….Riiight.” Jonghyun let go of my cheeks and I rubbed them. They hurt so much…

“Yunho, can you help me with something please?" I heard a coordi unnie call. He nodded and said bye to us, leaving. I stared at his figure walking away.

“SHINee, please come here for a rehearsal.” I heard someone say.

“Well, see you later Jihyunnie~!” Jonghyun said and left. I saw the rest of the members heading out also. I sighed and looked around. I stood up to help the unnies organize outfits and give them out.

Oh yeah, it was the day of SM Town in L.A. It was about 5, so we were rushing to get everything ready. I handed a couple outfits to Super Junior’s manager and f(x)’s manager.

“Jihyun-ah, can you help me with these please?” I looked over to see an unnie with clothes stacked up from floor level to my waist. And I was pretty tall.

I nodded and started to organize them. It was going to be a long 2 hours…..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I haven't updated in 6 days >< Writer's block? I'm so sorry TT TT But it might take me longer to update chapters starting from next week since school starts....mianhe TT TT...

Jalmokkessumnida - expression of gratitude before meals