Chapter 12.

[HIATUS] Complications

 

*Jihyun’s POV*

COME ON, LET’S GO!” I heard the manager shout outside the van.

We were going to get them prepared for today’s Inkigayo stage. I was starting to regret coming a little. I can’t believe my brother, the cheery, cute Taemin oppa, had to go through this. Waking up at 4AM in the morning, getting ready, going to the hair stylist, shows, individual schedules, and then practicing until about 1AM in the morning. There were barely any days where they had nothing to do. They also tried to get sleep whenever they could.

Slowly, they got into the van one by one. Taemin sat beside me in the back, with Minho beside him. Jonghyun and Key sat in the middle, while Onew sat up front. They were all going back to sleep. Taemin was already fast asleep. I put his head on my shoulder and looked out the window. The sun was starting to rise, so the sky was a bright shade of orange. I looked at my phone. 5:02. We had 6 hours until we had to be at rehearsals for Inkigayo.

I poked Taemin oppa in the side so he would wake up. We were about 30 seconds away. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me. Then he turned to Minho and the rest of SHINee oppas to wake them up.

~~~~

I was sitting on a couch, listening to music, waiting for them. Jonghyun and Onew were sleeping while getting their hair done. Taemin was talking to Minho, and I have no idea where Key was. I slowly closed my eyes since I was getting tired.

~~~~

“Jihyun-ah, wake up!” I heard Taemin oppa’s voice call. I slowly opened my eyes. …..I was in the van?

“How’d I-“

“I carried you. Come on, we have to go!” Taemin oppa said and ran out. I quickly followed him so I didn’t get left behind and seen by fans.

As soon as I got into the building, I bowed to every single person I passed by or saw. They already knew who I was since I was also here for the past few weeks. I went into SHINee’s waiting room, but instead of SHINee, I saw f(x). They saw me come in and were about to call security before someone put their arms around my shoulder.

“Annyeong Victoria noona, Luna, Krystal, and Sulli~” I heard Taemin oppa’s voice beside me and looked up.

“This is my sister, Jihyun-ah.” I looked back up to see their reactions. They all nodded in understanding.

“Mianhe Jihyun, we thought you were a fan that got through all that security.” Victoria laughed.

I smiled. “Gwechana. Annyeonghaseyo Victoria-sshi, Luna-sshi, Sulli-sshi, and Krystal-sshi.” I bowed 90 degrees.

They smiled. “You can just call us unnies.”

“Ne…..”

Sulli turned to Taemin. “Oppa, good luck on your performance~ We’re gonna go now. Hwaiting!”

“Ne, gomawo~” He smiled at her and she blushed.

“Annyeong Jihyun-ah~” They all said to me.

“Annyeong unnies~”

I turned to Taemin oppa and eyed him. “You like her don’t you.” He snapped his attention back at me with big eyes. Hehe. Caught.

“SHHH! Is it that obvious?” He kept looking around to see if anyone was paying attention. Luckily, only Onew oppa was in the room.

“Ani, it’s just sibling instinct. Well, good luck on your rehearsal oppa~” I was about to leave the room when Taemin’s arm wrapped around me and pulled me into his chest.

“And where do you think you’re going, my little sister?”

“I want to see if I could find any other artists I want to meet….” I pouted a little.

“No. You’re staying right in this room. Why do you want other artists if you have one as your brother? And stop looking at me like that.”

“Looking at you like what? And because I’m getting tired of SHINee….well I already did. Didn’t we already have this conversation?”

Suddenly, my phone rang. INFINITE’s ‘She’s Back’ blasted through the room. I quickly picked it up so Taemin didn’t question me.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Jihyun-ah~ I missed you~ How are you doing?”

I waved Taemin oppa out of the room so he would go to rehearse. He looked at me with a questioning look until I gave him a look.

“Jaejoong oppa~! I missed you too! I’m good, how about you? Are the reporters…..”

“Ani, there aren’t any more reporters. But I have to tell you something…”

“Ne, what is it oppa?”

“Well, I’m about to leave for Japan in a couple of days for an EP and I was wondering if you wanted to get more or all of your stuff…. Because I’ll be having a tour in October and won’t be home until mid-November.”

“Oh…. Is it okay if I leave all my stuff there? I don’t really need anything…”

“Ne, it’s alright. I have to go now, I’ll e-mail you or something when I have time~ Annyeong~” And he hung up.

I looked out the door and sighed. I would go out, but some staff might see me and tell Taemin oppa….. I sat on the couch and listened to my iPod.

~~~~

*Sungjong’s POV*

I pulled Sungyeol hyung with me. I heard She’s Back playing in a room, I swear! I looked into those that were opened.

“YAH! Sungjong, what are you doing?” Sungyeol’s slightly angry voice said.

“I heard She’s Back playing somewhere here!”

He sighed as I kept looking through rooms. I stopped at SHINee’s room, Sungyeol hyung bumping into me. He looked into the room too.

There was a girl that looked a few years younger than me talking on the phone. Maybe she had She’s Back as her ringtone? I was about to knock on the door when an arm reached out for me and pulled me back.

“Yah, what do you think you two are doing? We have rehearsals, let’s go.”

Yep, Sunggyu hyung. And he was mad.

I sighed. I hope she’d be here when we get back.

~~~~

After the performances, I ran back to SHINee’s room. I had forgotten to check after rehearsals. I looked in the room, only to find it completely empty.

They already left.