Eight

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Luhan, are you sure about this?” Sunmi asked as they walked to the apartment with Luhan carrying the already sleeping Lujin.

Luhan had talked to his parents and Sunmi about his plan of living with them. He reasoned that it might help him regain his memories and somehow he felt responsible for Sunmi and Lujin.

Ignoring her question, he asked, “Are the both of us working? Does Lujin go to school?”

Not minding how he ignored her question, she answered, “Lujin is just three years old. He will go to kindergarten next year and I’m a housewife.” Saying those words, she felt rather useless, especially in this case where Luhan had taken a leave from work upon his father’s order due to his condition.

Realizing that the two of them would be jobless, the thoughts of applying for a job suddenly crossed her mind, but she was worried about the baby in her tummy. ‘Maybe after I give birth…’

“So, the three of us would stay at home then.” She nodded absent-mindedly at him and he suddenly stopped walking. She bumped on his back and he looked at her, “What’s wrong?”

For a moment, she hesitated if she should tell him about looking for a job because if it’s the Luhan whose memories didn’t disappear, he would never say yes to her decision but it is the present Luhan who is having partial amnesia right now. She knew that she should treat him normally like how used to treat him and not to baby him because that would not help his recovery.

“I was thinking of getting a job.” She bit her bottom lip and opened the door to their apartment.

His brows furrowed angrily all of a sudden and he looked intently at her, “No.”

She whipped her head at him and sighed. Some things really never change. He still has his old traits before he got into the accident. After all, he’s not another person.

“You’re pregnant, I don’t know how to take care of a child and I don’t know how to cook!” He exclaimed and Sunmi found the last fact funny. Luhan never knew how to cook. Every time she would teach him, he would make the lamest excuses like ‘wives are supposed to do the cooking’ and ‘his bonding time with Lujin should never be disturbed unless it’s time to eat.’

He watched her laugh but he didn’t find it amusing at all. He walked towards the rooms and opened the doors one by one.

“Lujin doesn’t sleep with us?”

She shook her head and Luhan asked her again, “Why do we have three bedrooms?”

“You said you wanted a separate room for your sons and daughters.”

He immediately looked away, feeling embarrassed all of a sudden. He realized that it might have something to do with his own ‘mini soccer team.’

A thought popped in his head that he never thought of when he suggested on moving in with Sunmi again.

“We’re going to share a room?”

Without any hesitation, she nodded.

“I know how you must be feeling right now, but you can’t escape the fact that I am your wife and you are my husband. There is nothing wrong with sharing a bed and it’s not like as if you’d touch me.”

That was just half of the truth she was feeling. She knew that somehow it wasn’t right because it was as if Luhan is another person.

“Still…” he mumbled.

He wasn’t the only one feeling all worked up and stressed about him losing his memories. In fact, Sunmi is as just affected as him or maybe even more.

Turning and tossing on the bed, Luhan couldn’t sleep at all. He peeked over his shoulders and saw how big the gap between them was. Sunmi had her back facing his and he assumed she was already fast asleep.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter