Twelve

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Damn it!” With tears running down on his face, he continued driving aimlessly. He had sent out men to look for Sunmi and Lujin. Tears clouded his eyes as he drove madly on the streets. He was looking for Sunmi everywhere without having any clue on where she could be.

The moment he called his parents to ask for help, they immediately realized what possibly happened to Luhan. No questions were asked as his shaky voice talked. He was indeed crying. “Mom, please, please, please, help me find Sunmi and Lujin.” He cried harder as the scenarios of how he treated his family played in his mind. He had been nothing but a total jackass.

“We’re already doing the best we can, Luhan. You need to calm down. You might get into an accident in your condition,” his mother warned him worriedly.

Luhan laughed bitterly as the tears kept on pouring. “Maybe I should because maybe… just maybe, Sunmi would look for me.”

-

“Sunmi, please, listen to me. You have to go through surgery. Your life is in danger. We can’t risk that,” Mrs. Yun begged her daughter as Sunmi kept on crying in pain. She was clutching at her stomach as the pain was growing more unbearable with each second.

“Mommy, please go to the hospital.” Lujin who was completely unaware of what was really happening, shook his mother’s arms lightly. He didn’t like seeing his mother in excruciating pain.

“I can’t, mom. Luhan might see me there. I don’t want him to add more to my pain.” She cried helplessly as she shouted in pain.

“It’s not about Luhan this time, Sunmi. It's your life that is on the line. Please, think carefully. Just think of Lujin.” Her mother was trying her best to hold in her tears. She couldn't be weak in front of Sunmi since she needed someone to be strong for her.

“Maybe I could endure and go through all these pain of only Luhan didn’t push me away. He said I will be the only woman he will ever love. He said he will never leave me. He said he will love me forever. He said he will stay by my side forever, but what he said and promised are gone with the wind... just like him.”

Mrs. Yun wanted to tell Sunmi that that was not what she was thinking because it was Sunmi who left, but... who wouldn't when Luhan was being a total jerk? Everything was confusing and she knew it wasn't the right time to argue with her daughter.

Her whirlpool of thoughts was broken when Sunmi screamed in pain, "Ahh!”

“Grandma, there’s blood!”

Indeed, blood started to paint the bed sheets and Sunmi's cries got softer as all the energy in her drained. Lujin's crying face was the last thing she saw before she passed out.

“W-What happened here?” The door swung open and Mr. Yun stood in the door frame, frozen on his spot. It was as if his whole world crashed down. His only daughter was lying lifelessly on the bed with blood covering the sheets. His grandson and wife were frantically trying to wake Sunmi up.

Getting a grip of himself, he called the ambulance. They had no choice but to proceed with the surgery that would save Sunmi’s life.

Hours passed by and Sunmi was still not waking up from her successful surgery. Although the pregnancy was removed, she was saved. They were scared of the aftermath of the happenings. As a mother, Mrs. Yun knew how difficult pregnancy is but she had no idea how hard it would be to lose a child inside a mother’s stomach.

It was no surprise that Luhan found them in the hospital. He was sweating and panting heavily when he reached Sunmi’s room. He received the news that his wife went through an emergency surgery when he was bawling his eyes out while driving. His eyes were puffy and bloodshot. His lips were cracked and pale. His hair was a complete mess and his whole appearance just made him look like as if he had risen up from the dead.

He was questioning himself why it was happening to them. He had gone through the pain of nearly fully losing Sunmi before and he didn’t want to go through it again, ever. Sunmi gave his life a whole new light when she came to the story. She gave him love so beautiful that he felt like he was the luckiest guy on earth.

The people in the room watched Luhan silently as he took agonizing slow steps towards the patient’s bed. He felt like as if his knees were about to give up on him. Watching Sunmi’s heartbeat through the monitor and looking at her pale face, he finally collapsed on the ground.

Mr. Yun tried to help him stand up again, but he declined his help. “No, Mr. Yun. Let me stay like this on my knees. I have hurt all of you in the most excruciating way I could and I am the one at fault for your daughter’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter