Eleven

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Depression is not something new during pregnancy and that was what Sunmi was experiencing. It wasn’t only due to her mood swings. Truth be told, it was something far worse than that. It was a fact that she had to live with.

The pain in her abdomen had subsided a little, but her heart was in pain. What the doctor told her was enough to send her to a stage of heavy depression. Which mother would want to lose her child?

-

The unsettling feeling inside Luhan never left. It just grew worse each day. Within the span of weeks that had gone by, small and short flashbacks from his forgotten memories happened. Still, he couldn’t grasp what his forgotten memories were. It just made him more confused even more. Even if his memories hadn’t come back fully, there was this girl that marked in his mind. He didn’t see her face from the flashbacks, but she left an unknown, yet strong feeling.

Instead of getting excited when the particular number called him, a disappointed sigh escaped his lips. The investigators’ works were always fruitless. Searching through high and low in Busan and Seoul, the investigators always gave the same answer – ‘they’re nowhere to be found.’

However, that particular call held a surprise for him.

‘We found them. Mrs. Lu Sunmi and her family had been hiding in Daejeon, not in Busan.’

His eyes widened in shock and his heartbeat increased a hundred times faster. He was speechless. He didn’t know whether to be happy or nervous. He quickly shut down his laptop in his office and took his jacket, ready to go to Daejeon. He had to see her even if his mind was in a mess.

‘-but there is something you need to know.’

‘What?’

‘Your wife has been diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy.’

The word ‘diagnosed’ already made him feel as if the whole world paused for a moment. The fact that he didn’t know what ectopic pregnancy was, was even worse for him. He didn’t know how severe it might be.

‘What the hell is that?’

‘The doctor said it is a really dangerous situation where their lives are in real danger. An operation or treatment is the only way to save her life. I suggest that you have a talk with the doctor personally as I am not fully aware of what it is.’

His breathing got heavier, his palms became sweaty and his lips became dry. His heart clenched harshly and his body was telling him that it was okay to cry, but he couldn’t. He was so lost in the sea of misery and uncertainty.

Ending the call, he quickly got into the car and set the address given to him on the GPS.

The drive to Daejeon seemed longer for him. He wasn’t really focused on driving, which was really dangerous as he could have gotten into an accident. The investigator’s words were on repeat in his mind. He couldn’t grasp the fact too well.

Arriving at the hospital, he quickly asked for Sunmi’s room number. Nervously standing in front of the door, he was surprised to see the doctor emerge from the room. The doctor just bowed at him, thinking he was just a visitor, but he held him back.

“Uh, doctor, I-I am the husband of the patient. What exactly is going on?”

The doctor looked back at the room and made sure it was shut closed. He led Luhan somewhere far from the room and talked to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter