Seven

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Looking at how pitiful and helpless her husband looked when he hugged Lujin, a tear escaped from her eye. She knew it must have been difficult for him to be so confused and so lost. He doesn’t remember anything yet his heart is telling him things that confuses him more.

His fatherly instincts might have been wanting to be uncaged again and maybe that’s what pushed him to be nicer to Lujin.

Holding the little boy who fell asleep on top of his father who was laying down on the couch, Sunmi decided to leave the two of them alone and let Luhan spend some time with his son. The kids’ show Lujin requested has ended almost an hour ago and another kid’s show started playing – not that Luhan minded. He was just staring at the little version of him, sleeping so peacefully on his chest with his small lips parted a little bit. He was his hair softly and feeling his breathing. He just wanted to look at him and admire Lujin’s face while thinking, *How can I not remember something so precious, so important and something so significant in my life?*

Moving a little on his sleep, Luhan froze for a second, not knowing what to do if ever the little boy suddenly starts crying or looking for his mother. When he stopped moving, he sighed in relief and decided to get up slowly so he could bring him to Lujin’s grandmother.

Unsure if he was holding the boy properly in his arms, he quickly made his way to parent’s room and knocked.

“Come in!” his mother shouted.

He opened the door and saw his parents sitting on the bed. His mother was watching a gag show while his father was reading a book. “Mom, where does he sleep?”

“He sleeps in the room across yours and Sunmi’s but let him sleep with us tonight.”

Carefully giving Lujin to his mother, he looked at him one more time before he stood at the edge of the bed awkwardly, not knowing what to do now that Lujin wasn’t in his arms anymore.

“Uh… I should go.” He cleared his throat awkwardly and exited the room.

“Luhan?” a very soft, gentle and familiar voice called him.

He turned to his side and saw her looking back at him. “Where’s Lujin?”

“I... Mom said to let him sleep with them. I hope that’s okay with you.”

A little smile appeared on her face when she noticed how careful he was with his words. Although it shocked her that he changed drastically for the better, she was really happy.

“Of course. He sleeps with them sometimes when we visit here.”

“I see.” Mentally face palming himself for answering awkwardly, he glued his eyes on the ground.

While mentally scolding himself, Sunmi was not feeling awkward at all. “Do you want to talk or do anything?” she asked.

The feeling of having no need to pretend and put a façade made him feel so much better and at ease. “I want to ask a few questions about… us.”

Walking to the backyard, they sat at the side of the swimming pool and dipped their feet in the water. “So, what do you want to know?”

Although it was really embarrassing for him, he decided to it up rather than being more lost than he already was. “How did we meet? How did I ask you to be my girlfriend?”

“I was a new transfer in your school. My family is really poor and I got the opportunity to study in Daesan because of a scholarship funded by the school.” She paused for a while and continued, “You were such a jerk and a bully back then. The typical bad boy who can get any girl and dump them any time he wants. Your parents were about to set you into an arranged marriage and you were so desperate to get out of that situation that you asked me to marry you in front of everyone because I needed money.” A chuckle left her lips and his jaw fell slack.

“I did that in front of everyone because I was desperate?”

Sunmi nodded and continued, “You found out about my sister who had leukemia back then and I was really desperate for money to help my family out. So, I said yes. Our deal was to get divorced in a year, which didn’t happen because somewhere during those days, we fell in love.”

The fact that Sunmi’s sister had leukemia shocked him. He felt really bad for her and he could not imagine how hard it must have b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter