Final

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Endless tears were spilling from her eyes as Sunmi fought with all the strength left in her. Each second felt like hours for her. Each step made her weaker. The closer she got to Luhan, the weaker she became.

A crowd had already formed at the scene where Luhan got hit by the fast speeding vehicle. Lujin squeezed in through the crowd as he shook Luhan’s body with his small hands. His loud cries made the people pity him, but that wasn’t what he needed. He needed his daddy. He might be young, but somehow he understood that the scene that happened in front of him wasn’t pleasant at all. His daddy wasn’t waking up.

There were times when Luhan would play dead when he plays with his son. Lujin would then laugh at his daddy who was pretending to be dead, but right in front of him was a scene were Luhan wasn’t playing at all.

“Daddy, daddy…” Lujin cried softly as the nurses attended to Luhan. He was being carried to the stretcher. One nurse carried Lujin away and he tried to get out from the nurse’s hold. “No! Don’t touch me! Daddy! I want my daddy! Let me go!” He escaped from the nurse and ran to the stretcher as fast as he could, but he was stopped by another nurse and quickly but carefully injected him with a medicine to calm him down.

When Lujin calmed down and was being carried by Chae Rin, Sunmi finally made her way to Luhan, trembling, but her short reunion with him was cut short as Luhan needed to be rushed to the emergency room.

“No, Luhan. You can’t do this. Please, anything but this…” she cried and she felt weak hands touch hers and she looked at Luhan who still had his eyes closed. He was still conscious, but in a very weak state.

“I love you, Sunmi…” he muttered breathlessly and coughed hard as blood sputtered out from his mouth.

“Luhan, please, stop talking. I love you. Please, come back to me, I’m so sorry. Come back to me.” She held his hand tighter and the nurse pulled her away as they reached the doors of the emergency room.

“I’m sorry, ma’am, but you have to stay here,” one of the nurses made her stay as the nurse that was trying to put her back in her room came and injected her, too, with a medicine to calm her down.

Despite her fight to stay awake, her body gave up on the medicine and soon her vision became black. The unconscious Sunmi was then put into her bed as the doctors started doing their best to save Luhan.

-

Her vision was blurry and her head throbbed in pain as she opened her eyes slowly. She blinked slowly for a couple of times before her eyes finally adjusted to the surrounding. The walls were painted white and her family was present. It finally dawned into her that she was still in the hospital. She wanted to talk, but she finally saw some people whom she hadn’t seen for so long. When she saw them, the thought immediately clicked in her mind.

“Lu… Luhan… where’s Luhan?” she asked, trying to find him despite having a hard time to talk because of her dry throat.

Mrs. Lu walked towards her and sat on the chair beside her bed. She held her hand and Sunmi noticed Mrs. Lu’s unusual swollen, red and teary eyes. Thoughts flooded her mind and it frightened her. She was slowly getting scared and nervous. There was a possibility that was playing in her mind that she was trying not to think about. She didn’t even want it to be possible even if it was most likely.

“How are you feeling?” Mrs. Lu softly asked as she smiled at her. However, Sunmi didn’t want any of those questions. She wanted the answers to her questions.

“Where’s Luhan?” she scanned the room and looked at her parents for an answer, but they did a great job in avoiding her questioning look. “Mom, dad,” she called in a slightly demanding tone. “Please, just answer me. That’s all I’m asking for.” Her voice trembled as tears fell from the corner of her eyes.

Ignoring her plea, Mrs. Lu continued to ask her about her condition, “Does your head hurts? Do you feel dizzy? Are you-“

“Just answer me, please!” she finally shouted as her grip on Mrs. Lu’s hand tighten. “I’m begging you. It’s my husband that we’re talking about here,” she said in a soft and pleading tone.

Seeing the sincerity and desperation in her eyes, she decided to break it down to her. No matter what, Sunmi would still have to know the truth. “He was hit… badly. Luhan h-he lost a lot of blood.” Mrs. Lu paused for a while and closed her eyes as she sobbed quietly. “He didn’t make it. Luhan… is dead.”

Her lips parted as endless tears escaped from her eyes. Her breathing became unsteady and her vision seemed to blur. Her hands trembled and she felt like as if she lost her voice.

Saying that she didn’t want to hear that type of an answer would be weird because no person would want to lose his or her other half.

Through all the years she spent with Luhan, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter