Six

Last Kiss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For the first time after the accident, Luhan finally went home. Nothing had changed in his view as he walked past through the corridors. Only when he entered his old bedroom did he notice that there were pictures of him and a girl. He took the photo frame and looked at it. She seemed familiar and it was only then when he realized it was Sunmi. His heart clenched a little bit, seeing the loving image. It felt really weird for him as he still could not remember her. Why was he so in love with her? How did she make him so happy? Just how special was that girl to him? A lot of questions were running in his mind and he clutched his head as his headache started to appear. The doctor advised him not to over think as it would only cause headaches.

Putting back the picture frame in its place, he looked around his room more and started to get curious about the girl that triggered something in him. He looked at the big picture frame hanging on the wall. She looked like an angel and they looked so young. Their wedding picture was hanging on the wall. Those were the times were they loathed being married to each other, but had no choice due to their personal circumstances.

His curiosity grew more and went to the cupboard that he remembered where all the photo albums were located. He ignored the familiar ones and took out the unfamiliar ones. He opened the baby blue photo album and saw a baby’s picture. The baby was a newborn and he looked so tiny. He continued looking at the other photos until he realized that the more the baby boy grew, the more he looked like him.

He had to look at the cover twice to check that it wasn’t his baby album. Lujin really does look like him. There were pictures of him teaching him how to walk, feeding him, bathing him and playing with him. The feeling in his heart felt heavier. He looked intently at the photo. He felt like crying, but he didn’t know why. He never thought that he would actually have a son, moreover, would act like a father.

Closing the baby album, he searched for other photo albums of Lujin and Sunmi but grew annoyed and helpless as he couldn’t find any more of them. “The other albums are in your apartment,” the voice startled him and he put his hand on his chest. “Mom, don’t do that!” he whined and his mother sat beside him.

She looked at the sprawled photo albums that was surrounding him. He looked helpless at his state. It was as if he was searching for something he needed and wanted so badly. She took a photo album and opened it. “Here’s your very first family picture. It was when Lujin was born. Look at him. He looks like you when I gave birth to you.”

He stayed silent and let his mother talk more. “I remember what you told me the moment you first held Lujin. You said, ‘mom, my family is so beautiful. I’m so happy and proud of having this family. I can live without all the luxuries in this world as long as I have them. I will never exchange and leave them for anything. They are just so beautiful – Lujin and Sunmi. I love them with all my heart.’ I cried when you said those words. Never have you said something so meaningful like that. You matured a lot ever since you became a father.” Mrs. Lu stopped talking and blinked rapidly as she tried to hold in her tears.

Luhan was still processing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter