A piano and a date

. The Player . [Hiatus (editing)]

m7w6509q0xy8tt1wjped3mt6sf4h9ar4.jpg

A piano and a date


From: Kai

The party tomorrow would start at 8pm. You better come cause were going to celebrate Chanyeol hyung’s birthday.

Right after reading the message Luhan looked at you.

“You free tomorrow night?” Luhan asked while looking with sparkling eyes.

“Why asking?” You raised an eyebrow.

“If the mighty Luhan is asking you’re free or not, you should be honored and shocked…” Luhan made a shocked face while saying ‘oh my god’ sarcastically. “…and straight away answer ‘yes, oppa!’ ”

You gave him no reaction and stood there for a moment. I know I’ve said this like a million of times, but he is definitely bipolar. But thinking I’ll waste my precious time with him, and I mean by ‘him’ the player. He’s turning into a delusional teenager.

“Just because I thanked you doesn’t mean I won’t forget what you said. Easy catch” you emphasized. “Please Luhan, remember what you said and don’t act like it was nothing. Please stop.” With your words, Luhan’s mood dampened and he stayed quiet.

 You got fed up with all this confusion. Nice then bad then nice again. You hate it. This is why you despise men so much. They don’t think before they talk and act cocky. They’re confusing but-

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

 You got caught off from your thoughts with the vibration of your phone. You unlocked your phone with a swipe and to reveal a notification for a message sent by Mark.

From: Mark

 Hey you >:) Sorry for not walking you home, something came up…Anyway I’ll make it up to you... meet me at amusement park tomorrow by 10 in the morning. Yes, I know common place. But, fun. Hope you’re free tomorrow. : )

As soon you read the text message your face lit up and you immediately replied back that you were free. Then you immediately wondered what to wear to see Mark tomorrow. With your eyes on your phone and your fingers typing messages to Mark, you turned to walk towards your room.

“Hey, Sujin” Luhan called your name softly and grabbed your arm. When you thought you were done with Luhan, he still clung onto you. So you were annoyed by his actions. You just replied with a ‘tsk’ and shove his hand away. You then walked away, not even looking at him.

While you were in your room busy texting Mark and doing Homework, Luhan just stood there thinking. After what you said to him and when he saw that annoyed expression when he grabbed your arm, he realised that, you…weren’t an easy catch. You were like a fish caught by luck but it escaped and fell into the sea and to never be seen again. Luhan went into his room and sat at the edge of his bed,

 “Was I that bad?” he whispered to himself.

  He lied on his bed and unlocked his phone. “I should have just kept my mouth shut.”  Luhan sighed.  Wait. Why am I so hooked up with this girl? She’s nothing special. He took out his phone and sent a message to Kai. He got a reply that said…

From: Kai

Of course it’ll be at my house! My parents aren’t even here. Which makes everything perfect! Gear up because… it’ll be ‘Kai’ perfect.

Luhan smirked after reading the message and went to the bathroom to wash up and sleep. I definitely won’t need her on my life.


The next morning you woke up with full spirits and jumped out of bed, exited to go out with Mark. You looked at the time and it was 8.00am. Exactly two more hours till Mark would pick you up. You went to shower and opened your wardrobe and took out a pair of black pants and a printed t-shirt. You brushed your black hair neatly, sprayed some perfume and took a black backpack with you.

You actually took only one hour to finish up, which was quite fast. There was still a lot of time before Mark picks you up. So you decided to play the piano.

You have been told that your late Grandfather made the piano. Your grandfather was very skilled and talented. You parents even said that he played so well that the myths of your family being blessed with musical skills were supposedly true.

You could say that you could play. Well of course you could, you already passed all the grades. Your teacher even said that it was almost impossible to pass all the tests without failing once.  But you didn’t really let it get into your head.

You grazed the piano keys. It was something that you’ll always do before playing the piano. You sat on the bench and started playing. It wasn’t any famous songs but instead it was you playing freestyle. Randomly pressing the piano keys and eventually a melody would come out by it.

You were immersed with the piano, focusing on your fingers that were moving smoothly on the piano. After a while a melody was produced, when you were about to enhance it a bit…

“What gibberish are you playing? Early in the morning… it’s ing annoying.” Luhan decided to be mean. After last night, he made an oath to show you that you were nothing to him.

DUNGGG

You slammed the piano keys. Angered by his words, you took it out on the piano. “Then get out.” You spat.

“Too bad, I live here.”

“Oh boo hoo I’m the owner here so shut the up.”

“Well sorry but I’ve heard better.”

“It’s not like you can play either.” You looked at him mockingly.

Luhan didn’t say anything but he walked towards you and asked you to move. So, you sat on a couch near the piano. He started playing the piano without any mistakes.

Hmmm, not bad for a player.

As Luhan kept playing, you got more immersed into the tune and melody. You slowly closed your eyes. Unknowingly, Luhan glanced at you. She seems to like it. The corner of Luhan’s lips turned upwards a little. To be honest, he hasn’t felt like this for a while. The feeling of someone listening and enjoying your playing was something special. The only one that gave him the feeling before was his mother who passed away a few years ago.

Luhan began to play a different kind of genre. He started to play an eerie piece. You started to smile because you find eerie music Beautiful and mysterious. When Luhan was about to play the best part, the doorbell rang. Making Luhan abruptly stop playing.  “Aish. I was about to get to the best part!” Luhan scowled. He hated it when people disturb him while playing.

Aiiiish. Why now? I wanted to hear more. Great timing Mark. Great.

You were quite disappointed and wanted to hear more but Mark has come to pick you up. So you opened your eyes and stood up. Before walking out, you looked at Luhan who was sighing, and you pouted a bit. I hope he’ll play more in the future, he was good.

After you left, Luhan realised something and cursed. “Damn it. I was supposed to be cold but I freaking played the piano for her.”

Not only that, but why did I play for her? I don’t let anyone but my mum to hear me play.


When you and Mark finally reached the amusement park, both of you immediately paid your tickets. “So, let’s go!” Mark excitedly grabbed your wrist and dragged you to a roller coaster. “It’s one of the fastest rides here.” Mark looked at the roller coaster with glistering eyes.

“Well it looks someone’s done research” You grinned and looked at Mark.

 “Yeah, I know. I’m an obvious person.” Mark sighed.

“It’s okay.” You patted his shoulders. He then nodded his head a little.

The both of you stayed silent for a while,

.

.

.

 “Cause I’m like that too” 

“HIGH FIVE!” The both chorused together.

“Come on. Come on. Come on…” You chanted while Mark spun the wheel of prizes. Mark’s target was the grand prize, a huge teddy bear.

Mark spun the wheel with his last try.

Tick tick tick… the wheel spun.

The wheel slowed down at stopped.

“Congratulations! You won a clip.” The host congratulated Mark, for winning the clip with a black ribbon.

You sighed with disappointment. “Eihh, it’s also okay. Come here.” Mark turned you around and lowered himself to your level. His face was right in front of you.  He brushed your hair from your face, and clipped the clip behind your ear.

.

“See? It’s still okay!” Mark smiled at you.

You blushed a little, “Yeah. It’s okay.” You looked down so that it won’t be obvious that you were blushing.

“Are you blushing?” Mark looked at your face and grinned.

“What?!” you look up cheeks redder then before. “No! I’m not! Co-come on, let’s…” You scanned other available places to go. “…go to that haunted house!” You hurriedly grabbed Mark and dragged him.

You and Mark stood in front of the haunted house that looked creepy and eerie as hell. “Um you sure you want to go through this??” Mark questioned you.

“Um…”

“Cause they’re a lot of other rides right?”

“ye-” You got cut off by some rude strangers, “YAH! Are you going in or not? My girlfriend has been waiting!” A cocky man shouted.

“Tsk, what the hell man? Be patient!” Mark said confidently towards the stranger.

“What did you say?!” The stranger started lifting his sleeves and walked furiously toward you and Mark.

“Uh oh, RUN!” you dragged Mark into the haunted house. The both of you kept running till you guys ran out of breath.


“Wait”

.

.

.

“Where are we?” You said dumbfounded.

“.” Mark cursed.

“We’re in the haunted house you idiot.” Mark continued.

“...” You grabbed Mark’s arm tightly.

“Hey dude, calm down.”

“Yah! Before asking me to calm down, stop shaking!” You retorted back.

“Okay, okay.” Mark started walking slowly.

“Ah! Walk faster!” You pleaded Mark to walk faster.

So Mark fastened his pace. Everything seemed okay till…

BANG BANG BANG

“Asdfghjkl Oh my god. WHAT THE WAS THAT?!” You yelled loudly.

Suddenly you felt someone blowing at your shoulder. You got scared and prayed “jebal please no.” You tugged Mark’s shirt and he turned around.

“AAAH!” Mark’s eyes were as wide as saucers and he grabbed your arm and started to run away. The supposedly ‘ghosts’ were chasing the both of you.

When the ‘ghosts’ finally stopped chasing you two, you unknowingly hugged Mark tightly. “Oh my god. I thought I was going to die.” You close your eyes tightly.

Mark was quite overwhelmed with the embrace. He could feel his heartbeat accelerating. But he was confused whether it was because he was running oris it because of that.

Whatever it was, Mark hugged you back. You didn’t realise you were hugging him till you felt his arms around you. You wanted to break the hug...but something made you stay in that position. Something…

After a minute Mark finally broke the hug. “We should get going cause the ‘ghosts’ are staring at us.” Mark held your hand and led the way.

While Mark was busy looking around, you just couldn’t help but smile when you look at your hand which was entwined with Mark’s. Aish stop it Sujin! You and your girly thoughts!

You and Mark finally reached the exit. The both of you exhaled. “Finally, after all that cursing…we made it.”

After a moment, you forgot that you and Mark were still holding hands. You immediately pulled your hand away. But Mark had a wide grin on his face.

 Instead of noticing Mark’s grin, you grabbed your knees and shook your head and replayed all the scary memories.

“Come on, let’s get far away from here, grab some cotton candy and go home.” Mark suggested.

“Since you’ve mentioned it, I really need some cotton candy to be honest. After all that screaming, I seriously need food” You your lips. You couldn’t wait to go home, open the fridge and eat.

After the two of you bought cotton candy, Mark was walking you home.

Zzzzzzz

Mark took out his phone to find a message from JB.

From: Kim Jae Bum

Mark, I thought we’ve already told you that the party was tonight. Don’t you go ruining our reputation as GOT7. You know very well right? If you don’t… I’ll kick your .

“Damnn…” Mark sighed and rummaged his hands in his hair.

“Umm... you okay?” You looked at him weirdly.

Mark didn’t answer right away because he was too occupied with his own thoughts. He wanted to spend more time with you but JB would kick his if he doesn’t come. After a while, Mark snapped his fingers. “I got it!” he said.

You looked at Mark with a confused expression. You were already sitting at a bench after waiting for too long. He turned and looked at you, “Do want to go somewhere else?” He looked into your eyes eagerly.

“Ummm… Okay?” You tried your best to answer…which completely failed.

“Great!” Mark started dragging you onto the other side of the road. “Wait!” you tried to stop him and he turned around

“Where are we going?”

“Somewhere” Mark said with a cheeky grin.

Later on you found yourself at a place you wouldn’t have agreed on going…

A party.

Well, it doesn’t sound so bad to be honest. But wait. I forgot to add a little…

A party… that was unsupervised. Teenage girls trying to act mature by dressing up like a . And most of all, guys that can't control their hormones everywhere.

When you arrived, your mouth when agape but you closed it after to avoid looking like an idiot. You turned to look at Mark to see him smiling.

You smiled back widely. you.

 You wanted to beat Mark up so badly. But it was already too late to that, because his friends already arrived. And when you meant his friends you meant six breathtakingly handsome guys. With the sight of them, you sighed. 


A/N

Finally I updated with an extra long chapter! 2,367 words! Eventhough some authors would be like ' I write 4k long chapters everyday' and I'm 2k 'ohmygod so long'

oh and... I'M SORRY because it won't get crazy till the next chapter... me and my need to relate things... ;-;

but I hope you enjoyed the little LuhanxYou moment and the date with Mark and you. ^^

Btw, do you think the party that you're about to enter... is the same party that Luhan's going. The 'Kai perfect' one?