Chapter 31

Challenges in Life

UN-beta

_______________________________

Chapter 31

 

 

“Where’s Jae?” Heechul asked the second he got home, noticing Jaejoong was missing from the living room where the other boys were gathering around, watching a movie.

“He said he didn’t feel like watching a movie and decided to have an early night,” Donghae told his mother. Heechul nodded. “Did you boys eat?

 

 

“Yeah, we ate Umma,” Donghae was interrupted from across the room.

“I wouldn’t call what Jaejoong was doing was eating, it was more like a bird picking his food.” A comment graced Heechul’s ears.

“Changmin!” Taemin and Yunho called out. “Just because you eat without chewing.

I’m just saying it straight, what’s so wrong with that? He wasn’t eating, he was picking.”

“Umma,” Donghae stood up. “He’s fine. I checked on him 10 minute ago, I don’t think he was feeling well.” Heechul turned to the stair, he needed to see for himself. It wasn’t even that late, 9:15 at most, he was hoping when he opened Jaejoong door he would find his son awake and waiting to talk to him. But by the time Heechul returned Jaejoong was already sleeping sounding in his bed. Heechul sighed there was really nothing he could do apart from wait to morning, he really wanted to talk to his son. He stepped quietly into his room wondering was there something playing on his son my again. He had to be always watchful of his younger son. After what happened, he was always afraid that if he wasn’t paying attention Jaejoong would turn to something he dread to think. He sat beside his son caressing his hair back. He must have been sitting there for long as by the time he turned to an abrupt sound behind him, he found his husband admiring him for a far. He approached his husband

“Something wrong?” he asked.

“Early I was sure Jaejoong wanted to talk to me about something.” Heechul closed the door behind him glancing over his shoulder. He had a feeling in his heart that he couldn’t let go of somewhat of a mother tuition.

“Oh…

“I think I’ll sleep with him tonight.” Heechul told his husband. He couldn’t get rid of the lingering feeling in his chest, Siwon kissed his wife. He understands better than anyone about his wife and knew his wife would not be at ease. “Sleep well, I see you in the morning.”

 

***

 

“Taemin just look at your face, there will be no hiding that shiner.” Leeteuk examine Taemin’s face the second he stepped foot into the kitchen. “Kangin, just look at what he did to his face.” Kangin was sitting at one end of the table beside Heechul and Siwon while they ate some breakfast. Kangin looked up.

“Umma, Appa, it’s nothing it only looks worse than it is.” Taemin told his mother as he pulled away from his mother and took a banana from the fruit bowl before he began to gather up his school book he left scratcher over the kitchen table the night before and place them into his school bag. He looked around…

“Are you looking for something Taemin?” His father asked.

“I thought I left it here…” he looked all around him, “Maybe I left it in my room.” Taemin left the kitchen only returning a minute later.

“Did you find it?”

“No.

“Well if you tell us what you’re looking for maybe we can help you find what you’re looking for!” His father commented.

“My craft knife, I was using it last night for my art project. I know I left it here somewhere,” Taemin hadn’t noticed Kangin look to Siwon and Heechul.

Heechul was already in the mists of panic. Taemin had no idea the thought that ran through their parent’s heads, the look of worries passed to one another before Heechul darted towards Jaejoong’s room, followed by Siwon and then the Jung. Taemin had no idea what was happening. Heechul flung Jaejoong door open making the teen jump before he looked to his parents he was in the middle of buttoning up his school shirt.

“Where is it?” Heechul asked.

“What?” Jae.

“I asked you where is it?” Heechul was ready to turn the room upside down. He walked past Jaejoong looking all over the room before turning to Jaejoong ruffle bag on the bed. He grabbed at it emptying the content onto the bed without a second thought… looking through everything before he turned heard Jaejoong.

“What are you doing?” Jaejoong grabbed the bag from his mother. Who held a firm grip before he moved to hold onto the top of Jaejoong arms. The commotions in the room had attracted attention from the other boys upstairs all staring.

You know damn well what? Where is it Jaejoong, you promised you wouldn’t do this anymore!” Jaejoong did his best to shift from his mother’s hold. “How can I ever trust you again?

“You’re hurting me,” Jaejoong squirmed from his mother’s hold. “Umma, let go.”

“Heechul…

“Appa, what…?” Donghae appeared at his father’s side.

“Heechul let him go. Siwon called out as he stepped into the room.  But Heechul was in his own mind he pulled at Jaejoong pocket checking. He pulled Jaejoong’s sleeve that were no longer wrapped with bandage, the white slash marks where visible for everyone to see

“Umma stop… S-stop…” Jaejoong pulled back but it was too late he looked to everyone who had gathered around they all were looking at him.

“HEECHUL… Look at what you’re doing!” Siwon released Heechul’s grip from his son’s arm, thought the damage was already done. “Jae…” Siwon called out to his son reaching out to touch him, which only made Jaejoong back away from them holding his hand protectively into his chest.

‘I-I haven’t done anything!” Jaejoong shouted at them, tears of sadness pooled from his eyes. 

“Jaejoong…” His father called out

“No stay away from me!” Jaejoong backed away even further. He knew his parents had no trust for him. But then again did he trust the people who have been lying to him for years. He couldn’t deal with it, he didn’t want to but his emotion were already running over his limit. His mother wasn’t even looking at him he was reaching for Jaejoong’s sketchbook. Jaejoong reached for it himself, “No, that’s private…

 

“Not to me Jaejoong, now you give it to me right now…” Heechul told his son. “What are you hiding from me Jaejoong, is this where your hiding it?” Jaejoong refused to let it go. I have no idea what youre talking about. He tried to take it back but it was yanked from his grip only making him fall backwards. His mother scanned through the book. He figured Jaejoong was hiding it somewhere but what fell out wasn’t what he expected. Heechul picked it up it was half rip he looked to Jaejoong holding the other piece...

 

“Jae…” Heechul called out, but it was to late. “I can explain…

 

“I HATE YOU!”  Jaejoong shouted out, “You were never my Mom!

“Jae…” His father called out, though his voice went on deaf ear, “That’s not true.

“I HATE YOU ALL… all you ever do is lie to me! Where were you when I needed you?

“Jae…” Donghae called out.

“Where were you when I needed you… where were you when they did this to me?” Jaejoong turned his arms over. Where were you all when they kept hurting me? When I tried to tell you, no one would listen.” Heechul tried to get close to him

“NO… Don’t you ever touch me… you’re not my mum, you never were, your nothing to me… none of you are, y-you should have just let me die… I hate you!” With that Jaejoong ran from the room pushing past his brother and the Jungs.

 

“Appa…

“Donghae go after him!” His father asked, “Please make sure he doesn’t harm himself.” Donghae nodded, he really wanted to go after his son himself but he couldn’t, he watched his wife crumble to the ground, “Go please bring him back!” Siwon called after his son before he turned to his wife. Just as he made it to the front door, Yunho was right beside him.

“I’ll help.

“You know don’t you, about everything?

“Only what your mother told my parents, bits of it,” Yunho answered him. “Two people looking for him is better.

“Heechul.” Siwon comforted his wife.

“It’s all my fault Siwon.” Heechul held the paper to his chest. “I’m a terrible mother.

“You’re not…

“I am, just look what I’ve done? I just cause more and more damage to him. He had every right to hate me,” Heechul cried.  “He’s right I wasn’t there for him. I wasn’t listening when I should have been. I’m a bad umma, I hurt him. He hates me…

 

“Heechul you’re not a bad mother, and you of all people know Jaejoong didn’t mean what he said. He’s probably crying his eye out, Jaejoong looks up to you for everything. He doesn’t mean those hateful words, he just going through a hard time adjusting.” Siwon cupped his arm around his wife. While Leeteuk looked at Taemin, “Taemin find that craft knife now!” His mother ordered.

“Umma…” Taemin stood in shock. The image of Jaejoong’s arms, he understood now Yunho’s changed to care about him. Though he still wondered, Who could do such a thing… “Changmin help him find it, it’s important.