Chapter 11

Challenges in Life

Un-beta

______________________________________________________________

Chapter 11

 

The day the dreaded news arrived, Heechul and Siwon sat in the doctor’s office in tear… How could this be happening.

 

“The best thing we can do is start treatment as soon as possible. Does he have any siblings… there is and one in three chances he could be a match to treat your son.” The words hit Heechul hard… there was no way Donghae would match let alone himself. Siwon finally told the doctor…

 

“Jaejoong is adopted Donghae won’t be a match….” Siwon words were on tender hooks..

 

“Is there a possibility we could match,” Heechul asked, “What is the likely hood we’d be able to help,”

 

“I’m sorry Mr Choi the likely hood isn’t in your favour….. Your son blood is O… and he will need a stem cell transplant…which will mean the blood and the tissue needs to match. Treatment of his leukaemia depends on mainly your son health,

 

“What do you mean Doctor….?”

 

“The type of leukaemia your son has, We have determine it is in your son bone…. , He will have to undergo cheomotrapy to kill off the leukaemia cells. Now as your son is so young I think it would be best if we start the treatment as soon as possible. So has a fighting chance it a good think you brought him in straight away we can start the process of your son to receive high doses of chemotherapy or radiation therapy to destroy his diseased bone marrow. And when we find a match you son will receive an infusion of blood-forming stem cells that help to rebuild his bone marrow.

 

A stem cell transplant?”

 

“It is a procedure to replace your son diseased bone marrow with healthy bone marrow.”

“We have a list of people willing to donated…. And we our checking your son against them… but I’m afraid it is a waiting process at the moment.”

 

****

 

The words stayed with Heechul and Siwon for the last five months…. They still hadn’t found a match for Jaejoong. Heechul had to quit his job just so he could spend as much time with his two sons. For the last two weeks Jaejoong had stay in hospital he was too weak to come home and it was safer so Jaejoong couldn’t get and gems… with his immune system so been so weak. Heechul sat beside his son…. Jaejoong didn’t even have the energy to speak anymore… it was awful for them…

 

“Heechul I was thinking …. What if we brought Jaejoong to the states…..

 

“The states…?” Heechul looked over to him…

 

“I’ve been looking into it for a while know and were really running out of time for Jaejoong… and there probably a better chance of finding a match for Jaejoong if we go to the states.”

 

“You mean move the whole family there….?” Siwon nodded.

 

“As you know the company has expanded to the states, what if I ask if they could transfer me there for a while… as least I’ll have a job there for us… when we got there and then hopefully we’ll find a match for him.” He looked into the tiny bed… Jaejoong had become so tin. He had lost some of his hair from the threaten, “It’s probably the best chance we got at this moment,”

 

“I don’t know… it mean taking Donghae away from his friend, school his grandparents. “ he knew they’d be leaving everything behind friends, family… the people who had been there for them in their time of need, The Jungs  had been great supportive friends to the family visiting and playing with Jaejoong. Yunho had come with his parents most of the time… he loved reading books to Jaejoong he brought from home. Yunho visit brought a little life back into Jaejoong just as Donghae did for the time they spent with Jaejoong, Heechul and Siwon could see  the light back in his doe eyes… he had been through so much the last couple of months needles and treatment… the tears he shed, the screams he had heard. He was so young he didn’t really understand… when he spent his first week in the hospital he asked to go home… he hated it probably like any other child that didn’t understand.

 

“I know it will be hard to leave everything we know  and love is here but at this point were no closer to finding a match for Jaejoong….if I could improve his chances by going to the State  I will do anything to get our son back to his hyper active three year old self…. I want to see him running about with Donghae like he use too before he got sick… Just think about it he’ll be four pretty soon…  he should be staying place school next September but I can’t see any of this happening, I’ve been meaning to ask them will we be able to take him home for Christmas..” Heechul touched Jaejoong small hand it was slightly bruised from the needle that had been in his arm.

 

“I don’t even know what he wants for Christmas…I don’t even think he knows what time of year it is…  have you noticed he hasn’t spoken a word in over two months. Not even his baby dabbles… I miss his voice.”

 

“I do too Heechul…. I’ll talk to the doctor and see if it possible to transfer him to the states…” Heechul nodded.

 

****

 

A week later their family was making their way to the states. “Call us if you need anything,” Leeteuk told him as he hugged Heechul one last time, “Take care of your family.”

 

“I will thank you for everything…Leeteuk, you've been a great help.... to me and my family...”

 

“No problem what our friends for…we've know each other for  forever, how could you not depend on me, I mean it when I say call us if you need anything. Even if you just need to talk about your thought's i'm alway a good listener” He still held onto him, “i' only a phone call away...hopefully you’ll be back sooner than you think.”

 

“Hopefully….” The finally parted biding goodbye to their closer friends waving back as they walked toward the departure gate.., Jaejoong comfortable in his father’s arms walking to their gate… unknown to them when they would return home.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

okay so finally are story will really begin...  next Chapther will be around 14 years later

hope you can wait....

comment for the next....... ^_^