Chapter 26

Challenges in Life

Un-beta

_________________

Chapter 26

 

 It only took a few seconds for everyone to see Heechul freak out. He hurried over to Jaejoong checking, Ignoring while Jaejoong called out his name, over and over.

 

“UMMA!” Heechul stood back…., “It not what you think….I was playing soccer with Yunho and…

 

“Soccer…?” Heechul looked to him, “So the blood.” He realized how much he panicked, He dread the idea of Jaejoong cancer coming back. But that was something he faced every day.

 

“I got it in the face will a ball it’s no big deal…. “ he turned to Yunho and he others,” They were teaching me to play….?”  Heechul cupped Jaejoong chin.

 

“I’m sorry honey…. I overreacted It’s just I was so concerned. “Jaejoong knew what thought’s  rain thought his mother mind. The nose bleed he use to have, indicating he needed a Red blood cell transfusions. It was something he need throughout his treatment. “Did you have fun……” Jaejoong nodded.

 

“Umma is it okay if I get cleaned up….”

 

“Go on….” Jaejoong turned to the stair… but looked back…, “MMmmm Umma can you….?” Jaejoong looked at him, already knowing.

 

“I’ll be up in a minute… I shouldn’t clean up the glass I broke…

 

“Already taken care of … go on…” Leeteuk was already cleaning.  Watching as one of his sons made a beeline for the Kitchen…., “Take one step in their Changmin… and you’ll be asking for it… with those dirty shoes, go clean yourself up….”

 

“But I’m Hungry now Umma…..” Changmin stated.

 

“When are you not?” Leeteuk shook his head. “That stomach… of yours when is it ever full. I swear you get it from your father’s side of the family, Go on all of you upstairs and change…,”

***

 

“Did you have fun….” Heechul asked as he sat on Jaejoong bed.

 

“You’re not mad at me….?”

 

“Why would I be mad at you” Heechul didn’t understand why Jaejoong thought he would be made at him. ‘Jae….. “Heechul took hold of his hand giving them a little squeeze. “ Jae why would you think I would be mad at you..?”

 

“B-because you always said I couldn’t….

 

“When…. I don’t remember…. Wait was that when you were sick…Oh Jae that was because you couldn’t leave the house is because you got a bug after your treatment. You can do anything you want now….” Heechul gave Jaejoong a heart-warming smiled. “Did you have fun…?” Jaejoong nodded. “You use to play with your hyung when you were really small. But before you got sick….” Heechul laughed. “You use to chase Donghae around the house with a ball when you were two and three… He loved playing with you and I loved watching you on you stubbly little feet. Thought when you got ill you couldn’t do those things, thought you did want too…Donghae was scare he’d hurt you when you became so frail. Jae I’m sorry I should have to you… I never realise…

 

“It’s not your fault I just assumed I couldn’t….” Jaejoong thought about it.

 

“Jaejoong listen to me you can do anything you want. Nothing in the world would make me and your Appa happier than to see you having fun, Donghae too of course.  So tell me about it….” It was a good hour  before Heechul and Jaejoong went down stairs after having a chat, Heechul enjoyed listen to his son about the day he had, he was more grateful for Yunho encouraging Jaejoong out into the world that Jaejoong felt hard to be  a apart off. He was glad when he even mention about a friend. He was trilled Jaejoong was starting to feel at home here. It was late into the night when Heechul had finished tucking Jaejoong  and seeing  the little fur ball at the end of the bed curled up. He stood up and quietly in before closing the door behind him, looking down the hall notice Yunho on his way to his bedroom, “Yunho..” he called out to him Yunho stopped in his tracks and gave his attention to Heechul as he approached him. “I wanted to thank you for been there for Jaejoong, He doesn’t have many friends, and he really has trouble getting close to people…..”

 

“You don’t need to thank me…..

 

“I do… I really do… I knew bringing him back here would be a struggle for him. I just didn’t know how well he’d adjust to a new school, new people… to you to your brothers. He told me about you spending time with him at break after school. You know even though he doesn’t say much he sees you as a friend.

 

“It’s nothing….

 

“It is to me and to Jaejoong?’ Heechul smiled, “Sleep well Yunho….” Heechul returned to his own room.

 

****

 

“It had been another week and Jaejoong had survived another week of school. He had made some progress in talking to people, but only the people Yunho, Changmin or Taemin introduced him to too. Thought some people tried Jaejoong was too timid to even say a single word back to them. So some began to call him a snob…  or stuck up, because he always stuck close to one of the Jung brothers, which he wasn’t either  he was  just scaared for there attention towards him,  they called him things that made Jaejoong turn pale fearing what they would do to him, He followed his parents and Yunho advice and tried to not let it bother him... but it was tuff.  each day he went home… his mother would ask him how his day was…  he promised he would tell his mother everything… but he still found it hard and left out certain bit. It had just gone early morning when he here a light knocks on his door. “You up yet Jaejoong?” Jaejoong hear his mother, Heechul opened the door staring at his son…. “You don’t have to go to school to day…

 

“I want to?”

 

“Okay then…. I’ll pick you up from school….” Heechul wasn’t going to stop his son from doing things he wanted to. “Do you feel okay….?” Heechul asked. “You look a little pale is it nerve?” It would be a lie if he said he wasn’t.  He hated the tests, not to mention they hurt a lot. But none of that compared to the look his mother had sympathy.  It had just gone 2 in the afternoon… Jaejoong timidly approach Leeteuk Car waiting outside the school. His mother sitting behind the wheel after borrowing it for the day and even though he told Jaejoong he could stay home for the day… Jaejoong insisted on going to school he wanted to forget about everything that was going to happen later today knowing full well Jaejoong was dreading the hospital.

 

“You Okay…?”

 

“Hmm….” Heechul squeeze his knee, they needed to be in the hospital for 3.

 

“It will be over really soon…” Heechul drove towards the hospital.

 

“Can we not go….

 

“Jae  the sooner it’s done the sooner we can go home.” Jaejoong remain silent for that point.” Jae it will be okay…..” Heechul did his best to reassure his son. It wasn’t that long until they arrived at Seoul University. Heechul took Jaejoong night back seat as they made their way toward the big building. “Wait here I’ll sign you in…. “ Jaejoong did as he was told watching his mother go up to the front desk. “Jae this way…..” Heechul took hold of  the form the lady behind the desk handed him. He lead Jaejoong up to the second floor where a nurse was waiting for them leading them into a ward to ward a bed he would recuperated after the procedure.  Jaejoong looked around…. He hated hospital all they brought were sad and painful memories.

“You’ll need to change into these.” A nurse handed Jaejoong a hospital gown, which Jaejoong hesitantly  took the gown before the curtain was pulled around him to change

“You’re his guardian correct?” the doctor looked to Heechul.

 

“I’m his mother.” The doctor nodded it on the chart…,

 

“We’ll wait for your son, before I talk about the procedure. They already knew…. But it was usually hospital protocol.  As soon as Jaejoong was ready, he pulled back the curtain.  His mother sat beside him taking his hand his own as the doctor began to speak.

 

“Now I have read you file and I know you gone through this all before… but I will walk you thought it.  We will start off with the lumbar puncture before the bone marrow aspiration, now this procedure is best done awake so we will place you under a local anaesthesia, your mother can accompany you too.” Jaejoong nodded. As soon at the procedure is done… we will sent the fluid off for a biopsy” the doctor handed Heechul a form he needed to sign when Jaejoong was taken to another room, while Heechul place on a white gown over his clothes… before he went into the room with his son.  Jaejoong was already laying on his side.  With his back to the doctor. 

“It will be over real soon….” Heechul told him taking hold of his hand so Jaejoong could squeeze it when it got too pain.

“I’m about to begin….,I will untie the back of your gown…”Jaejoong closed his eyes preparing himself for what was coming, “ The might be a mild bit of this comfort…” Jaejoong always felt the doctor…. Is was more that mild… it hurt like hell. He felt the doctor play a swob of Iodine on his “Deep breathe! It was long until Jaejoong felt the large needle been plunged into his back Jaejoong gasped with the pain, gritting his teeth holding back his scream. He squeezed his mother hand tightly. “Relax…..”There was no matter what the doctor said he couldn’t relax it hurt “You’re doing great..” the doctor told him. After he gathered enough fluid he removed the needle from Jaejoong spine….  Jaejoong had to lay in the same position for 30 minute… while the doctor left with the sample. Tears filled his eyes…

“Jae you’re doing great…” his mother told him…

When the doctor returned Jaejoong was told to lay on his chest… with his back facing up. Before he began he told Heechul that before he began the procedure they would giving Jaejoong blood throughout the aspiration. The doctor clean Jaejoong hand with an alcoholic swab, before genting inserting the infuser into Jaejoong hand. Jaejoong couldn’t see the bag of blood… but knew… it would be blood type O. “Are you ready for me to continue…?” Jaejoong nodded.

“I’ll begin taking a few samples from you pelvic bone, Jaejoong-Shi I will need to you stay exact still. I ‘m giving you the local aesthetics now.” Jaejoong felt the liquid been pushed into his body.  It wasn’t as bad as the lumbar puncture…  and nothing compare to what the aspiration was like. He gasped doing his best to stay extra still clinging to the bed as the needle  eased its way into his pelvic bone. He bit his bottom lip…

“Please stop it hurts to much….” Jaejoong gasped at the pain..

 

“Stay extra still Jaejoong-shi.”  The doctor told him. Heechul hated seeing his son in pain…..

 

“U-Umma….please stop him it hurt….” Heechul couldn’t the sooner it was over the better…he held Jaejoong free hand  speaking calmly and reassuringly to him.  tears forming in his own eyes…

“You did it Jae… you did it I’m so proud of you…” Jaejoong didn’t feel like he had anything to be proud about. After It was finished… Jaejoong was wheel back into the ward on the bed. “He’ll need to stay in for the night  as there  are a few risk… he may bleed from the puncture sites.” Heechul already knew it had happened before more than ones, Infection… blood loss… he’d been thought them all with Jaejoong. Holding his hand never leaving his side for a second. “Thought they are very rare..” Heechul nodded…. Rare is that what they call them. He remember once they had just got Jaejoong home only to find in the middle of the night Jaejoong to come down with  seriously  fever as a result of  an infection from the puncture sight. When the doctor took his leave Heechul took his place side his son in the chair.

 

“Jae Honey the doctor doing to get you something for the pain…..” he caress Jaejoong tearful cheek. “ You did well….. rest know I’m right beside you.

 

“Can you give him something to help him sleep….” Heechul asked.

 

“I will…..

 

“I can stay with him right….?” Heechul asked. He couldn’t leave his son, not when he went thought something as painful as this….

 

“Yes you can…

 

“The results…..?

 

“Hopefully we will have the result tomorrow… but right now he need to rest. “ Heechul nodded before taking the seat beside his son.  He dabbed his own eyes… trying his best to look bright and happy.

 

“Jae…..”

 

‘It  hurt Umma…..” Jaejoong cringed he couldn’t move.

 

“They’re going to give you something to help you sleep.” Heechul reassured him. Looking around to many memories of hospital He hoped as soon as tomorrow… the would have an all clear results and be able to go home….., “Jae…. I’m going out to call you father… will you be okay until I get back….”

 

“Yeah…!” Jaejoong breathe out…

 

“Be back soon…..?” Heechul left the room towards an area he could us his phone.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Long chapter for you guys....

hope to see some comments....