I Don't Need a Boyfriend

*Whispers* Park Hyoshin

~Back to Mirae's Pathetic Life~

rrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg!

The shrill sound of the bell awoken MiRae from her deep slumber on her textbook. She puckered her lips, making a face when she found her lips wet from the drooling. Glancing at the clock, she knew the next teacher to come in was her Physics teacher. Dear god.

She slouched inside her seat, groaning. Hani was studying her lessons dillengently, flipping her notes and highlighting stuff that Mirae forgot to take note of and instead fell asleep. Oh well, it was only math class, how bad could it have been?

"Ya! Heo Mi Rae!""

Mi Rae looked up, straightning from her slouch, sleepy eyed with a dazed smile. It was her friend, Kim Hae-Ra.

"Ah, Annyeonghaseyo," Mi Rae said, getting out of her seat and streching. Hae-Ra looked stressed.

"Have you seen Youngmin?"

Youngmin was her boyfriend. Mi Rae shook her head, now she was fully awake. Hae Ra ruffled her hair in frustration before stomping out of the room. Mi Rae shrugged.

Well then.

Hani eyed her, facing her book.

Mi Rae sat down. Opening her physics book.

"Were you asleep for the entire math lesson?" 

"...No."

"Don't lie."

"Whatever. It wasn't that important."

Hani rolled her eyes, motioning the door with her chin. "You know, Hae Ra's boyfriend is cheating on her."

"How do you know?" Mi Rae was curious.

"Witnessed him making out with a freshman, sheesh, the girl has no standards."

Mi Rae wasn't sure if she was talking about HaeRa or the ty freshman.

"Besides, I don't know how she can have a boyfriend when her exams are coming up in less than two months."

"We do too." Mi Rae pointed out.

"Yeah, and I don't understand how you can be sleeping." Hani raised an eyebrow, a grin tugging at her lips as if to tease Mi Rae.

Just then the teacher walked in, her stern expression looking tired and her usual tight knot of hair was in a loose ponytail brushing her shoulder. It was unusual for anyone to see her in such a sloppy state.

"Alright! class settle down! Today is going to be an easy class, I will hand back your physics test and if you have any questions, you can persoanlly ask me since I won't be bothering to go over them in class."

"Ne" the students said, synchronized. 

"Jung Seungjo, No GeunSeol, Kim Jonghyun, Lee Areum, Heo Mi Rae..." Mi Rae's heart paced up, steadying herself she walked to the front of the room to retrieve her test. Picking up her exam, she flipped her test over, seeing the result she could swear that her heart had stopped beating momentarily.

Her mark was written with a bright red marker....

Ninety-eight out of a hundred....ninety-eight percent. She screamed and jumped high up, gaining everyone's attention.

"Haksaeng, be quiet." Her teacher scolded. Mi Rae bowed in apology.

Hani had gotten her test back as well, her eyes b with tears of happiness. She probably scored a perfect mark, only then, would she cry that hard.

Mi Rae smiled widely, this was seriously a huge miracle. 

She looked at her test again, as if to confirm that she wasn't imagining things. She was going to pass this grade. This was unbelievable. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~4 DAYS LATER~

"1...2...3...go!"

The photographer snapped a proffessional looking photograph, Mi Rae's eye being blinded, not only by the snow white dress she was wearing, but the entire backdrop was white, and now the light of the photographer's flash burned a hole through her retina.

The only thing remotely "colourful" was the holy angel standing next to her, Seo In Guk. He looked so beautiful, flashing a friendly smile at MI Rae when they first met. In general, he was quiet but polite kind, that alone Mi Rae had figured by their first meet. 

"Heo Mi Rae may you please stand a bit closer to Mr. Seo, and look at the red sign behind me."

Mi Rae obeyed, not before stumbling on her white heels, Seo In Guk, helped her smiling a beautiful eye smile. 

Was everyone in Jellyfish this charismatic? Mi Rae wondered, aside from that little mosquito, Hongbin of course. She quickly vanished him from her thoughts before she would have t fake smile and ruin the entire photoshoot, besides, she wanted happy memories because it was a freaking photoshoot with the Seo In Guk.

After the photoshoot was over, Seo In Guk and MI Rae bowed before parting ways.

*     *     *

Mi Rae exited the building in her normal clothing but didn't change the heels as those were the only shoes she had since she had (stupidly) decided to leave her red converses in her dressing room which was in the building across. She was greeted by Aya, who was conversing with...someone who looked dreadfully familiar...the little devil.

Mi Rae hissed at him.

"Why did she just hiss at me?" Hongbin sneered, slightly offended.

"Oh ah..its the sunlight you see...our Mi Rae is a bit...sensitive to light..." Aya explained. Mi Rae glared at him, now that she was almost eye level to him in her heels, she could easily hurt him too.

"Then she should have declined the offer to be a model," Hongbin said. 

"ahahaha..haha...that's a funny joke, Hongbin" Aya fake laughed, cautiously looking at Mi Rae who was staring daggers at Hongbin.

"I wasn't joking when I said that."

"Come on, let's go. We don't need to hang out with this foul cockroach," Mi Rae stuck her head in the air and started walking.

"Yah! who are you calling a cockroach?" Hongbin called out.

"You." 

The blunt answer took him off-guard.

"Foul. Cockroach. An evil, dirty, foul cockroach. That's what you are." Mi Rae said.

Hongbin growled at her, she glared right back, both of their faces 2 inches apart from each other, both looked as if they were about to stab each other. Both knew that the other was a threat for each other's love for Park Hyoshin, I mean, that's the only reason why they hate each other in the first place right?

Mirae was about to punch him in the face before Aya stepped in and started dragging before their was going to be a bloodbath. Mi Rae put her chin up as if to put up an act of sophistication...or whatever, anyway to condescend Hongbin.

"Hey! What's going on here?" Mi Rae heard a voice behind her. Turning around, she spotted a familiar face.

Ken.

"Hyung!" Hongbin called out, straightening himself up.

"Ya! Lee Hongbin you're late, we were going to leave without you, palli!"

Ken then laid eyes on Mirae, instantly his face lit up and MiRae felt a light flutter in her stomach. 

"Ah, you again? How have you been, you little ert?" He teased. Mirae's cheeks blushed a deep crimson.

"W--wh-what do you mean?" Mi Rae asked, flustered. Aya looked confused looking back and forth from Ken to MiRae then Hongbin. Hongbin seemed to be in the same boat as Aya herself. 

"Missed me?" He said, ignoring her question.

"Um.."

"Of course you did." he smiled, "Anyways, would love to stay and chat but we're kind've in a hurry, maybe later sometime we can talk over coffee?"

What. Mi Rae was shocked over Ken's bluntness. She blushed even harder.

Ken smiled and winked, before taking Hongbin by the hand. As they walked away, Hongbin turned around to specially glare at Mirae, mouthing "I'm watching you."

Mi Rae stuck out her tongue before turning away and stalking off into the other building. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Eat slowly, you little pig," Mirae's mother commented, "How are you going to attract guys if all you do is eat like a pig?"

"Fi fon't ike boizes" Mi Rae talked back stuffing rice into her small mouth.

"Noona! Are you saying you're gay?" Mi Wook asked surprised.

"Yah! you little rascal I never meant that okay!" Mi Rae said after gulping down the load of rice in .

"You said you don't like boys."

"BUT I DON'T LIKE GIRLS EITHER."

"It's okay if you're gay, Mi Wook and I would understand. I'm totally like one of those modern mothers," Her mother commented.

"I'M NOT GAY."

"Then how come noona has never had a boyfriend?" Mi Wook asked.

It's true. Mi Rae has never her first kiss let alone boyfriend. She couldn't care less. Now that she thought about it, she didn't even like the same gender as well.

The only one who had captured her heart was her Park Hyoshin Oppa who she was willing to dote on for the rest of her life...well after she got rid of that foul cockroach, Lee Hongbin. 

"Aigoo, this girl, aishh jinja. All she does is think about silly celebrities."

"Park Hyoshin is not a silly celebrity he is like an angel, umma, an angel." Mi Rae said, her eys glazed with pure admiration for her Hyoshin Oppa.

"Who said I was talking about Park Hyoshin?" her mother raised a brow.

"HA! What a loser, get someone your age to dote on he's like what? 12 years older than you?" Mi Wook added.

"Thirteen," MiRae said with gritted teeth, rice spilling out of like a mad dog spilling bile out of it's mouth.

"That's even worse," Mi Wook ridiculed, earning a slap on the back from his noona.

"But in all seriousness, MiRae, you've always been only thinking about your Hyoshin Oppa, why not give guys around your age a chance?" her mother asked.

Mi Rae sighed. 

Her mother does not understand the working mind of an intense fangirl.