Open Up

*Whispers* Park Hyoshin

Mirae sat down on the chair next to Hani. Hani looked over at Mirae and smiled. They were sitting at Hani and Mirae's favourite café, just a block away from their school. Since they had no cram school, they decided to go there. 

"Hey so I saw it this morning." Hani opened the slit to take a sip of the mocha she was drinking. Mirae cocked her head to her side, looking confused. 

"Saw what?" Mirae asked, bewildered. She had gotten a iced cappucino, and was fidgeting with the straw.

"Your photoshoot with the Park Hyoshin and the- I quote- dreamy Hongbin from Vixx.The magazine had also an entire editorial on you and Hongbin." Hani chuckled, taking a sip from her mocha. Realization dawned on Mirae's face. Oh yeah. That.

The next day after they had to do that whole bonding project, the director had resumed the photoshoot, but he had managed to also sneak in photos with just Hongbin and Mirae and Park Hyoshin in a seperate one. Apparently, now they were published everywhere. And from what Aya had sent texted her links, it seems those photos with Park Hyoshin and Hongbin had gone viral, to the point where different news websites were crashing down due to so many people trying to access them all at once. Mirae couldn't blame them, it was Park Hyoshin, after all.

"Oh, you did, did you? What'd you think?" Mirae drank her iced cap, sipping enough to give her a brain freeze. Hani raised a brow. "Want me to be honest? Haha you and Hongbin looked like a couple or something."

Mirae choked on her ice cap. She coughed violently, drawing the straw from , lightly hitting her chest. She glared at Hani. Hani gave her an innocent face.

"What?"

"You know I have a boyfriend who happens to be from the same group, right?" Mirae pouted.

Hani realized at what she had done. "Oh. Fudge. Sorry." Mirae sighed tiredly, stiring her drink with her straw. She looked outside the window. From what one of the baristas had said, there seemed to be renovations happening to the lot. People stopped and watched as workers dilligently worked on removing the old roof shingles. 

"Hey have you told your mom till yet? You know about the whole dating buisness?" Hani asked, interrupting Mirae's thoughts. Mirae smiled sheepishly facing her best friend. 
"Yeah...About that..." Mirae tried to blow it off. Hani furrowed her eyebrows at her best friend. "Seriously, why are you putting it off like that? You should tell your mom especially since your boyfriend did come to your house one time." Hani took a sip of her drink. "I don't get it, Mirae, its like you're not taking this whole relationship thing seriously. You should tell your mom before its too late."

Mirae squirmed in her chair. Hnai had a point, but she just could not string together a way to tell her mom. What is she supposed to say? 'Oh hey mom I'm dating a hallyu idol behind your back just letting you know xoxo'.

Mirae's phone suddenly rang. She couldn't recognize the number. Excusing herself, she picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Heo Mirae-ssi?" The voice asked on the other end. Mirae recognized the voice of the CEO, Mr. Jung.

"Oh! Mr Jung, Annyeonghaseyo!" Mirae exclaimed, earning a chuckle from the CEO. "Hello, Mirae, I haven't talked to you in a while, how have you been?" 

"I'm doing fine thank you, and you?" Mirae asked, remembering to be polite. 

"Ah I'm doing well. Actually, the reason I called is because of some promotional offers the company has been trying to work out. Are you busy right now?" the CEO asked. 

"No, not really. Why?" Mirae asked, glancing at Hani who took a final gulp of her coffee, before chucking her empty cup into the garbage can behind her. Mirae was almost done her drink to, so they were probably going to head home anyways. 

"Is it alright for you to come down to the agency right now? It's kinda urgent." 

Mirae looked at her phone, what could it be this time? 

"Oh-um I guess sure."

"Alright I'll see you then, Mirae-ssi, bye for now." Mirae hung up her phone before heading back to the table where Hani sat. 

"Ready to go? If you want I can drop you off home?" Hani offered, picking up her uniform blazer. Mirae shook her head. "I actually have an urgent thing to go to, I'll phone you later, right now I don't know much about it either. I'm heading by an opposite bus. Is that okay?" Mirae asked. Hani pushed her, smiling. 

"Well go then before I have to drop you off there too. We all know how afraid you can be of the dark. The sun will set soon." Hani playfully pusged Mirae, urging her to go.

Mirae waved bye to Hani, before taking off to a nearby bus top that would take her to her destination.

*     *     *

Mirae sat comfortably in a chair. It was cushioned, so she slouched in it. 

She knew this office belonged to the Mr. Jung, as she had been here many times before. She twiddled with her phone- which was almost dead at this point. She heard the door close behind her, where Aya stood. Mirae turned around to wave at her. She waved hi at Mirae before taking a seat next to her. Aya smoothed her skirt before turning over to Mirae. "What do you think this is about?" Mirae shrugged.

"I thought you knew?" Mirae said. Aya was her secretary, after all. Not to mention, she still felt betrayed about the fact that Aya never told her she would be doing a photoshoot with Hongbin...Hongbin...Mirae narrowed her eyes. Didn't Aya have a thing with him or whatever? Not like Mirae cared, but she could have atleast told Mirae that she would be sharing the spotlight with him. Now that he knew so much about Mirae, Mirae couldn't risk getting on his bad side. She had mentally kicked herself the day afterward for spilling os much about her to him that now she eemed like a vulnerable deer in his eyes. The day when they had completed the photoshoot he was being way to nice to her. Mirae couldn't tell if it was pity or another set up.

"Everything alright?" Aya looked at Mirae's face.

"Huh?" Mirae shook her head. Aya was looking at her, her eyebrows raised a bit. Mirae recovered. "Oh yeah. I'm fine. Why do you ask?" Mirae looked at the time on her phone. It was almost eight, and she needed to be home in an hour before her mom got back from the sauna. 

"You just kinda zoned out, you weirdo." Aya teased Mirae, a playful grin tugging at her lips. Mirae poked her arm, chuckling.

The door opened behind both of them, and Aya automatically got up to bow towards Mr. Jung, when she saw that Mirae just sat there staring, she yanked her up as well. The both of them greeted the CEO and he smiled. He bowed back before heading to his desk. Mirae and Aya sat down back in their seats.

"Ladies, the reson why I called you both here- and mind you, this will be a short meeting, I just needed to clear this up," Mr. Jung looked at Mirae with his kind eyes that Mirae somehow was reassured by."Mirae, I had a gotten a call this morning from a very famous movie director- Park Seokjin," Mirae nodded. 

"And?" Mirae asked, she had no idea where this conversation was going. She knew she was dumb, but this wasn't making any sense. 

"Well, the music video- the one with Vixx, in which you stared in..Well...lets just say he was very impressed by your peformance in that music video." Mirae nodded slowly, things weren't clear to her. Evidently, they were clear to Aya who gasped, clasping a hand to . Mr. Jung reproachfully smiled at Mirae, who's eyes were narrowed. Mirae blinked once. 

"Are you serious Mr. Jung? Could it be..." Aya still was in shock. Mirae sat there looking blank. She still had no idea where this was going. She looked at the CEO for any clues. 

Mt. Jung sighed, because she still couldn't grasp the situation clearly. Mr. Jung smiled brightly. 

"Yes, Aya, Mirae has been given a contract to star in his new project."

Mirae's back straigntened in her seat, her head snapping to Aya as if to see if this was some form of a sick joke, but Aya's genuine happiness wiped away all the doubts in Mirae's head. 

"Wait! He wants me to star in a movie?" Mirae looked at Mr. Jung with shock, "Wait...but wait...don't I need to audition?" Mirae asked him. Mr Jung shrugged. "Apparently not, he must have veen impressed with the acting you did in the music video. We discussed a bit about it and he was urgently awaiting your response. I told him I couldn't reach the model right away but I was happy to talk to her after school. He seemed delighted by that. So? What do you think, Mirae-ssi? Are you up for it?" Mr. Jung asked.

Aya's head slowly turned to Mirae, nodding. Mirae eyed her from the corner. Mirae was still in shock so she couldn't express her happiness all of a sudden, but her mind was screaming.

"Yes. I think I'll do it." Mirae smiled at Mr. Jung. Aya squealed before wrapping her lanky arms around Mirae's tiny frame for a lung-rupturing hug. Mirae hugged back. Mr. Jung clapped his hands, chuckling. 

"I knew I could count on you, Mirae-ssi. I'll let Mr. Park know that you agreed to work on the movie. We'll let him know in the morning." Mr. Jung looked at his watch, "Anywyas, ladies, it was nice talking but it's late, you both should be heading home now." 

Aya and Mirae got up waving goodbye to the CEO before closing the door behind them. 

Aya was jumping and squealing, taking a grasp of Mirae's hands, before making her jump around in a circle with her in the lobby. Mirae chuckled along with her. 

"I am so happy, oh my god, Mirae, you get to be a movie star. And me? I get to be the manager of a movie star. Omo! Isn't that great?" Aya grinned, her smile stretching from ear to ear. Mirae lowered her head a bit, the news was still fresh in her mind. This was some huge news that she was eager to tell Hani about. 

Aya gestured towards the end of the lobby,"I'm going this way, my car is parked outside in the parking lot, do you wanna ride?" she offered. Mirae considered it but she shook her head. "I'll be fine taking the bus, besides your house must be fat from mine. Go home, you must be tired." Mirae reassured her. Aya nodded her head "Okay if you say so, just be safe. Arraseo?" Mirae nodded. They said bye before parting ways. 

Mirae walked down the hallway, her head down, watching her black mary jane flats go one after another. She instantly regretted doing so as her head bumped into someone's chest. 

"Oh." Mirae stepped back. She looked up to see none other than VIXX's Leo. She bowed.

"Be careful." He said, his eyes not meeting her's and his voice was very quiet and soft. He looked up to meet her eyes. Instantly something flashed in his eyes."Oh. Aren't you the model?" he asked with genuine curiosuty. Mirae nodded. 

"Hyung, what are you doing here? You should be going to the practice room."  A voice called on the opposite end of the hallway. Mirae turned around to meet her eyes with someone- Ravi- she assumed. He bowed to her from the end of the hallway and Mirae did the same thing. She looked at Ravi, and right beside him stood...Ken. Ken waved enthusiastically towards her. She waved back, a slight blush formed on her pale cheeks. Leo scooted away from Mirae and walked down the hallway to attach onto Ravi's side.

As they were leaving, Ken excused himself to go talk to Mirae. The other two walked away but warned him to not be too late. Ken brushed them off before jodding to greet his girlfriend. He hugged her as soon as he saw her. She hugged back. He smiled brightly as he let her go. 

"So? I heard you were in a meeting today with the CEO. Is everything alright?" Ken asked. Mirae smiled a bit. She nodded. "Yeah. Actually its more than okay. I've...I've landed a movie role." her grin widened and so did Ken's eyes. 

"Oh my gosh! Mirae! That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" Ken embraced her tightly, planting a kiss on her forehead. "Honestly, that is amazing. Wow." Ken blushed a little. "My Mirae..so talented.I am so happy, that it's giving me butterflies." He smiled goofily at her. She laughed. "I am too." she agreed. 

This was all interrupted by Ken's phone. He picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hello? Yah! What do you mean hello? Get your into the practice room before I make you do 50 reps and massage my back after that! Get over here. NOW." someone demanded on the phone. It was no doubt that it was the leader's phone call. Ken laughed. "okay okay arraseo, I'll be there.". Ken smiled at Mirae. "Alright, I have to go now otherwise..."

Mirae chuckled. "I know. I heard. He can be so loud sometimes." Ken grinned. He left not before planting a small kiss on her lips. she watched as he dissapeared around the corridor. Mirae sighed. She was so stupid not to acknowledge such anamazing person like Ken in her life and the guilt was eating her up. Now realizing it, she was more excited to tell Hani- her best friend about this, who frankly would be happy but not like how Ken was. Ken didn't even cross her mind until he asked what had happened. 

"Aggh, I'm seriously gonna go crazy." she stormed down the hallway, not noticing the lanky figure that had been watching her all along.

 

Hongbin felt a pang in his chest when he had seen Ken with Mirae. Before all of this, he was goign to go fill his water bottle up before going to practice his vocals, lately they had begun to become weal from not practicing so much. And since they were promoting their new album, it wasn't good if he was slacking off. He walked down the corridor when he heard a distinct laugh. Mirae. He snapped his head to see a small figure talking to Ken. She seemed so carefree and happy. Hongbin saw a little green at that point. He was jealous, and he had come to terms with that. Seeing his Ken hyung so flawlessly cause Mirae to smile like that...It was almost as perfect as when she would see Park Hyoshin. Why couldn't he do that as well? And why did he care to, in the first place?

He watched them, his hand was tightlr gripping his water bottle. When Ken finally...kissed her, he somehow felt something tear inside his ribcage. He hund his head low before walking away. He stormed away to the practice room, where his hyungs were practicing. N noticed Hongbin come in and could sense that something was wrong with his dongsaeng. He looked quite pale, and the black circles under his eyes had become more prominent. He watched as Hongbin sighed and leaned against the wall. His hands were clutched into two small fists. His moith was set into a firm thin line. This was usually not like him, usually he would be laughing and enjoying himself during practice. Something was wrong. 

"Hongbin-ah, are you okay?" N' voice concerned voice brought the attention of the other three people as well. Leo had a peculiar look on his face, as if he could clearly see through Hongbin. Hongbin's eyes fluttered open. He stiffly nodded to answer N's question. N wasn't convinced. "Lee Hongbin, if you're stressed go outside for a bit, you can practice later, okay?" Ravi and Hyuk watched the other three intently. Hongbin sighed again before leaving the practice room. The others watched him leave.

"Hyung has been acting so weird lately." Hyuk observed. N glared at Hyuk. "Yah, and you're dancing has gotten weird lately! You almsot forgot the choreography on stage, you know how much embarrassment I could have felt? Where is Ken even? Ugh I'm gonna go crazy soon." The others all shrugged off the leader's nagging. 

*     *     *

Mirae stood outside. she shivered a bit stepping outside of the building, the sun had set. The next bus was coming in roughly 10 minutes. She pited slightly. She hated the night time. It was really scary at times. And the only thing that made it somewhat clear where she was was the dim lamp post. As if the dark was scary enough, a hand had grabbed. She screamed before her face thumped lightly against someone's chest. Like her's, the person's heart was thumping quite loud. She was too scared to move before the person let her go. From the dim light she could make out someone's face. He had a thin chiseled face, black hair and huge eyes to match his beautiful appearance. 

"Hongbin?" Mirae was baffled. Hongbin stood there. He quickly shoved his hands into his pockets. He looked at Mirae, who looked a bit annoyed. "Sorry." he apologized. Mirae took a deep breath. "You almost scared me, Lee Hongbin."

"I know."

"And you shouldn't do that to someone in a lone dark place like this."

"I know."

Mirae cocked her head to the side. "Then why are you bothering me right now?". Mirae's heart was still thumping loudly against her chest. 

Hongbin hesitated a bit. He looked at the dark sky before his eyes rested on Mirae. He bit his lip.

"Sorry, I just..."

"Just what?" Mirae continued to be baffled at Hongbin's actions.

Hongbin grabbed Mirae's arm. Mirae stiffened up a bit. Was he possessed or something?

"Can I be completely honest with you Mirae?" Hongbin's voice came out in a small whisper. Mirae stayed still, waiting for him to start talking.

Only he didn't.

Instead he yanked her by the arm to pull her into a hug, his head reaching down to capture Mirae's lips with his own. 

Mirae stopped breathing at that point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Huehuehuehuehuehuehue. 

Sorry for the late update! I'll try to be more fast. Now that exams are finished and I have done extremely well (I screamed) and I have also been accepted into the Bachelor of Neuroscience Not that anyone cares for poor old nerd me

and omg this story hit more than a thousand views! Thank you guys so much!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.