Alexithymia

*Whispers* Park Hyoshin

Mirae really never caught onto the habit of not falling off the bed. 

Of course, as usual, she fell off her bed. 

Looking down, she was still in her dress from last night. Her shoes were on the rocking chair across from her bed. Huh. Weird. She had no memory of getting home late last night. 

Last night...

Ken's lips suddenly pressed against Mirae's. Mirae let out a little gasp of surprise as she wasn't expecting this. Mirae closed her eyes. Ken was gentle with the kiss at first, slowly kissing her lips.

Mirae gasped. Last night....she kissed Ken. 

Wait...so that did mean that Ken liked her. And she shared her first kiss...with Ken. 

"Heo Miraaaaaeee! are you awake?" She heard her mother call from downstairs, startling Mirae from her sea of flashbacks.

"Neeee!" Mirae called out as usual. She heaved her sore legs off the ground, and started stripping out of her dress. She changed into a pair of shorts and a black v-neck t-shirt. She pounded down the stairs and into the kitchen, where she slipped on the slippery surface of the kitchen floor.

"Ouch." Mirae rubbed her sore shoulder. 

"Be careful! I was mopping the floor!" Her mother scolded her.

"Who mops the floor in the early morning, anyway?" Mirae grumbled, getting up.

Her mother scoffed. "Morning? It's three in the afternoon!"

"Wait what?" Mirae squinted at the clock on the wall. Huh. Hermother shook her head, "Aisssh this kid..."

"Your food is on the table. You must be hungry." Her mother sounded like she was giving more of a command than an actual option for her to eat.

Mirae's stomach gave it's own call of agreement. 

Mirae sat down with a pair of chopsticks and started to devour her rice and kimchi. She didn't realize how hungry she was until now. 

She glanced at her mother who was fixing her hair in the reflection and noticed that she had a pair of dress pants and formal oxford collared shirt on. 

"Are you going somewhere?" Mirae asked her mother.

"Yeah, to the bank and possibly out with Mrs. Lee, it's her birthday today. You'll be fine home alone, right? Miwook is at a friend's birthday party and possibly a sleepover. Expect me home around 10:00." 

Mirae grunted. Not like she had a say in her mum's plans anyway.

Mirae devoured the rest oher brunch, looking at the clock, she decided to get ready. She didn't know what she was going to do today, but most likely just sulk around the house, maybe eat more, internet...yeah that's basically the entire existance of Heo Mirae.

Her mother called to tell that she was leaving and Mirae waved bye as her mom drove away, abandoning her in a house with nothing but internet. 

Mirae decided to skype Hani and tell ehr about whatever had happened. She hadn't talked ot her best friend for some while and it made her feel uneasy. 

Her phone suddenly rang, somebody was trying to video call, and she she knew who it was.

"Hey Aya." Mirae greeted her. Aya looked like she had just woken up and looked like a goddess descended from the highest heavens, while Mirae, here, looked like a dead raccoon with her makeup smudged. 

"Oh my gosh, Mirae I have something to tell you! Well, two things anyways." Aya squealed in Mirae's ears which guaranteed to shatter Mirae's eardrums. 

"Okay, let's hear it." Mirae was listening. What could cause Aya to act like this?

Aya blushed, tucking her hair behind her ears. She seemed really shy and sheepish. 

"Yah! Palli! Tell me!" Mirae said, forgetting to be formal, as Aya was a year older than her. 

"Arraeo! Arraseo!" Aya chuckled, throwing her head back and covering her fcae with her hand, she seemed really apprehensive to tell Mirae anything.

"Seriously, tell me!" Mirae whined.

"Fine!" Aya giggled before looking in both directions around her.

"I was kissed."

"Oh my gosh by who?" Mirae asked, but like a cold wind, realization had hit her in the gut.

"Could it be...?"

Aya nodded, giggling. 

Mirae felt a bit weird in her stomach. She couldn't quite explain it, but something didn't feel right. She knew for a fact it wasn't about Aya... 

"Mirae? You okay? You look a bit green?" Aya's face was etched with concern

"Huh?" Mirae nodded her head. She felt a bit sick and her heart felt a bit...achey? Like a bunch of needles were being pinned into her chest, as if she was a voodoo doll. 

But why?

"Do you wanna hear the second piece of news?" Aya asked, her smile seemed much more confident.

"Y-yeah sure let's hear it." 

"Well, Jellyfish has been gracious enough for you to have a photoshoot with a special someone." Aya winked at Mirae as if to say guess who.

"Who?"

"Parami chagawojineun mankeum gyeouleun kagggawo (oneyo) oneude Jogumsshik i geori geuwiro geudaereul~" Aya sang.

Mirae's heart stopped beating. She dropped the phone to the ground. 

"Mirae? you okay?"

Oh my gosh, no it can't be? Can it?

Mirae started screaming so loudly, she picked up her phone and started dancing around the entire living room, jumping on the couches with tears about to overflow from her eyes.

Aya was laughing at Mirae's reaction to the news. 

"Jinja? Miura Ayane, if you are lying about this-"

"I'm not! I'm serious!" Aya laughed clapping her hands together, "Heo Mi Rae, you have a photoshoot with the one and only Park Hyoshin next Wednesday!"

"Aya! I have to go. I need time for myself to process this." Mirae had her hand over her chest. Her heart was beating wildly. Oh my god.

Aya chortled before saying bye to Mirae. They both hung up.

Mirae started jumping on the couches from excitement and started singing to Snow Flower, where Aya had left off the lyrics. Her oneand only Hyoshin oppa.... Her little fangirl heart couldn't take it. She cried from happiness and dropped on the couch laughing and crying from happiness. She clutched her phone to her chest and bit her lip, smiling stupidly. Her hair was in a tangled mess, and she wasn't exactly in the most presentable state. But she didn't care.She spazzed away from happiness until something interuppted her fangirl moment.

The doorbell had rung.

Who could be here at this hour?

She ran over to the door and opened it. 

A boy stood there, with a black hoodie-sweatshirt on. He wore black boot legged pants and converse shoes. His face was covered from a hood and a flu mask that covered his face with a pair of aviators.

He stepped inside the house, much to Mirae's protest who suddenly was scared beyond her wits. Was he a ? But he doesn't give off a bad vibe, wait, why does he look so familiar? 

Ken removed his mask and sunglasses.

"Hey there." He smiled at her, admiringly.

You startled me!" Mirae blurted out, but covered after she had let out her word vomit.

"Ah. Mianhe. I didn't mean to. I did text you earlier though?"

Mirae looked at her phone. Sure enough, when she checked her messages, there was a text from Ken.

"..."

"Why is it so quiet in your house?" Ken asked her, looking around at the super tidy house, where the afternoon light dimmed through the windows.

"Oh...ah..nobody's home." Mirae replied.

"Interesting." Ken shifted his weight on his right foot to his left. MIrae closed the door behind them. 

Mirae's heart was racing, just remembering being in close proximity with Ken just last night. What did that make them exactly?

"So...ah...um, what brings you here?"Mirae tried to cover her somewhat exposed chest thanks to her (stupidly) wearing a v-neck. Even though she wasn't even busty, it still was...awkward.

Ken turned around and wrapped his arms around Mirae, smiling angelically.

"I missed you."

"Oh...umm.." Mirae was caught off guard by Ken planting a quick kiss on Mirae's lips. 

"Did you just wake up?" Ken ruffled Mirae's hair, he was being awfully forward about his affection towards Mirae.

"No," Mirae was just a bit caught off guard by the kiss.

Ken smiled before letting Mirae go. Mirae didn't feel so good, there was just something missing...It wasn't Ken, but it was something else Mirae didn't quite know...she couldn't put her finger on it. 

"Well, why are you just standing there? Aren't you going to show your house to your boyfriend?"

Mirae blushed. "B-b-boyfriend...?"

"I am, aren't I?" Ken smiled at Mirae taking her hand and leading them to the living room from the foyer. 

She didn't exactly know what she was going to do with Ken at her house since the only friend she's ever had over was Hani. 

"Mind if I sit down?" Ken looked a bit shy and awkward which made Mirae's heart race, he was really cute. She laughed involuntarily. 

"Go ahead." 

Ken sat, squirming to make him comfortable. 

"Um..I'm going to go change... Is that okay with you?" Mirae excused herself from the living room where Ken sat, admiring everything. 

Mirae raced upstairs, closing the door behind her.

She stopped to take a breath, before remembering to change.

She rushed to put on a dark shade of jeans with a red cardigan. She quickly washed her face, combed her still wavy hair and applied some light mascara and lip gloss. She felt weird doing so, because usually she wouldn't think twice about makeup.

Ken smiled and took her hand, putting it against his face.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Ken asked her.

"Hm?" 

"You don't seem to like the fact that I'm in your house," Ken joked but Mirae could sense some hurt in his voice.

"Nonono it's not that, I've just never had anyone over...well except for a really close friend of mine," Mirae explained hastily. Oh god, she didn't want Ken to get the wrong message. 

Ken smiled, relief in his face. 

"Ooooh a close friend, huh? Should I be jealous?"

Mirae laughed. She seemed to easily get along with Ken.

"No, it's my best friend since we were two years- her name is Hani." Mirae blushed a bit. 

Ken smiled affectionatley at her before interlacing his fingers in her's and kissing her forehead.

"Still, it'd be nice if we can go outside. Do you want to go somewhere?" Ken looked at her, expecting an answer.

"Um... I'm not to sure." Mirae thoguht about it. "How about the amusement park?" 

"The amusement park?" Ken asked.

Mirae nodded. 

Ken grinned. "Alright, let's go."

"Wait, how are we going to get there?" Mirae asked, "It's far away and we probably can't walk."

Ken kissed her hand, "Silly girl, I have a car."

"Oh, okay." Silence washed over her.

Ken took her hand and they headed off.

Mirae observed the interior of Ken's car which was an Audi. It was bright red and seemed ridiculously expensive.

"Are you not ocmfortable?" Ken asked, curious as to what Mirae was thinking.

"I'm fine, thanks." Mirae gave him a smile. 

The rest of the car ride passed in a comfortable silence, where the need for conversation wasn't nescessary but the company of two people enjoying each other's company. 

Mirae thought to dwindle on some thoughts. She remembered Aya's happiness. She felt weird and the same prickly sensation came back into her heart. She  tried to think of something else, like the Park Hyoshin photoshoot but even that seemed to have no prevail. Why exactly did she feel the same pins now poking all over her body?

Aya must have been so happy but Mirae unfortuantely could not join in the happiness, for reasons Mirae was still confused about. 

"We're here." Ken announced, parking the car. Mirae looked utside her window to see that it wasn't as busy as it usually is when she comes with Hani.

Mirae got out of the car along with Ken who interlaced his fingers in her's and seurely took hold of her arm. 

After they payed (well Ken actually payed despite Mirae's complaints), they entered the gates to the amusement park. Mirae smiled at the rides around her, the cotton cndy and the stuffed animals held by the children and teens alike. 

"Which ride do you think would be nice?" Ken asked her, smiling, clearly amused at the scene as well. The sunlight relly brought it to life. 

"How about a roller coaster?" Mirae felt a hint of adrenaline course her.

Ken laughed shaking his head.

"Whta's so funny?" Mirae asked.

"No it's just funny, that you would go straight for the roller coasters. Most girls would have been reluctant and would try out the merry go rounds and the whatnot."

"Ugh. Shiruh. It's too boring." Mirae stuck out her tongue. Ken thought she looked adorable and admired her. She caught him looking t her and he just averted his gaze saying "Nothing"

They went on the several different roller coaster and different rides. The bumper cars were a lot of fun as well. Things were seeming to go smoothly.

After a while Ken had gone to get food for both him and Mirae. Mirae nodded, pointing to a table of benches,she told him to meet him there. Ken nodded and walked off, Mirae seemed to notice people giving him stares, especially girls who seemed to be taking his picture, but oblivious Ken ddin't notice his fangirls.

Mirae shook her head, chuckling and headed off to the benches.

She walked over to the benches, when she suddenly bumped into somebody, knocing her off balance. She almost fell over but her back fell against the bench table, the stranger's face came into clear view, his face was in an uncomfortable close proximation.

"Ah. Jwaesonghamnida." Hongbin looked at her, then sudden relaization filled him, and his eyes widened.

"You!" Mirae and Hongbin said at the same time. Mirae was uttelry surprised as to what Satan's spawn was doing here. 

Hongbin sneered stepping away from Mirae, surprised as well. Mirae rolled her eyes at him.

Great. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Haha surprised my lovelies? I had time to kill this fine Sunday so I decided to create another chapter :)

Fair Winds!