Garden In The Ceiling

*Whispers* Park Hyoshin

~ 3 weeks later~

"Ouch, that hurts," Mirae whined, as Aya poked her face.

"Wake up," Aya hissed in her ear, just in time when the director entered into the room. He wore a huge smile on his face while a few makeup artists were swarming around his face trying to make finishing touches to his makeup. 

"Heo Mirae," The director bowed. Mirae stood up, trying not to topple over with the heels she was wearing and bowed back. The director smiled and patted her head, "You and Joon have done well. Are you both ready?" Mirae nodded.

As if on cue, Joon entered into the makeup room as well.

"Hey heard you guys talking about me. Just making sure it wasn't bad." Joon joked

Mirage snorted "Not everything revolves around you, y'know."

Joon smiled brightly, pacing over to Aya, who he was now dating, ""Except, " he pointed it out "Today it is. We're going to the red carpet premier for the movie."

The director nodded while chuckling "Tonight is all about you guys. You guys worked very well and I am honoured to work with the both of you." 

Mirae bowed, but noticing that Joon wasn't doing the same thing she yanked his head down.

"Thank you for giving us the opportunity to work in the film" Mirae said, "We never could have done it without you, Director Park." 

The director laughed, but stopped to look at his watch "Anyways I have an interview at five, and I need to be there. You two go ahead and get dressed. Today is going to be a long day. You have interviews until nine and then the red carpet premier.  I'm hoping you will join us." 

Joon bowed this time, but yanked Mirae's head down with him as if to get revenge on her. 

After the director left, Aya motioned for Mirae to follow her. Joon started to follow along too before Aya stopped him.

"But I haven't seen you all day~" he whined 

" it up, I have work to do." Aya stated but smiled so she didn't offend her boyfriend.  Mirae gagged at the awkward tension before Aya gave her a dirty look and dragged her to the closet on the other side of a room which was curtained.

"This is what you'll be wearing at the red carpet premier. It took a long time to find it, so you better not complain." Aya warned.

"When have I-" Mirae began to complain but seized when she saw the dress placed on a mannequin. It was a white, simple dress with an elaborate opening to the back, where the straps of the dress tied to form a bow on the back. It was simple but it looked amazing to Mirae.

"What do you think?" Aya nudged Mirae's arm, proud that she had taken Mirae's breath away with the dress. 

"Its perfect!" Mirae whispered, hugging the mannequin. Aya frowned immediately when she did so, "Hey! be careful its Christian Dior!" 

*    *    *

Mirae slumped on the couch, groaning and massaging her jaw. She was literally talking for hours with the press and different interviewers and the whole time she had to also look good on camera. Not until today had she realized such exhaustion. 

"Miss Heo, we have the dress and makeup ready for you, if you would follow us this way." A substitute manager called out. MIrae then remembered that Aya was going to be Joon's date for the premier, so she had to go get ready herself. 

Heaving herself up from the couch in the lobby, Mirae followed inside. 

After stripping down, and carefully putting on the dress, she was immediately whisked away for her hair and makeup. Disappointed because she wasn't able to look at the mirror for even a second.

Makeup artists and hair stylists swarmed around her, making her dizzy, either brushing down her hair, or plucking things here and there.

"Alright, almost finished," One of the makeup artists muttered under her breath after what seemed like an hour. Mirae noticed she used an eyeliner stick to hold up her hair, which looked interesting to say the least. 

"Just in time," A voice called from the back. Mirae swivelled in her chair to see that it was Aya, who was wearing a black a-line dress that, as usual, accentuated her curves perfectly. However Mirae felt confident in her appearance as well. Carefully standing up, she followed Aya out of the rooms, lobby and then building where stood a black, sleek limousine. Mirae nervously got in, but was surprised when she saw Joon sitting in there as well, shouting viciously at his phone while playing some game that was a tad bit childish for his age. 

Aya got in too, leaning in she whispered, "I have a surprise for you." 

Mirae cocked her head to the side, "What is it?" she asked, "Is it food?"

Aya looked at her as if she was demented, "Umm...no?" she said, "There's usually a buffet table there. That's not a surprise, its to be expected."

Mirae slumped in her seat, disappointed. What else could it have been?

Once the driver pulled up, Mirae could see the flashing and cheer of people despite having tinted windows. Mirae fidgeted with her shawl. Sh didn't know her hand was shaking, before Aya placed her steady one over her's. Aya smiled in her direction, "The director wanted Joon to come first, and then you. Can you manage alone?"

Mirae gulped, seeing the flashes outside the window. She nodded, "I feel more anxious now than when I had to take the national exams." she said, jokingly in an attempt to lighten the mood. 

"Alright here we go," Joon said, "Good luck Mirae," he smiled flicking her forehead lightly. Mirae glared at him, before Aya and him stepped out of the car.

A moment later, Mirae took some deep breaths, "You can do this, Heo Mirae."

As soon as she stepped out on to the red carpet, the cheering became louder. Through the blinding flashes, she could see it wasn't only the press over here, but fans. It struck Mirae that people actually liked her for what she did. That perplexed Mirae, because she was overcome with an over surge of gratitude. She smiled and waved as she walked down the carpet. The trail of the white dress glided behind her in the warm Seoul night. She stepped on the stairs, toppling a bit on her heels. She was relieved when she did not fall. 

A hand reached out, and she grabbed it. Looking up, her breath was taken away when she noticed who he was. 

"Hongbin..." She said breathlessly and with relief. Hongbin smiled down at her, "You're still klutzy as ever, you cockroach."

Mirae pouted, "And you're still annoying as ever, cockroach."

Hongbin laughed before gently grabbing her hand, and walking up the stairs with her. The crowd suddenly started to cheer louder. Mirae turned around to see what had caused such a reaction.

She gasped when she saw the one and only Park Hyoshin walking down the red carpet with a bouquet of flowers. Spotting Mirae almost immediately, he smiled, and waved at Mirae, who just about fainted on the spot if it hadn't been for Hongbin, who also, looked like he was on the verge of tears when he spotted Park Hyoshin.

Walking gracefully up the stairs, Park Hyoshin approached the duo. He smiled brightly in her direction.

"Heo Mirae?" he said in his voice that was smooth as velvet and sounded like angels singing to Mirae.

"Y-y-yes?" Mirae stammered, completely starstruck. Park Hyoshin laughed, handing her the flowers, "You've worked hard, dongsaeng. Let's continue to grow, shall we?"

Mirae took the bouquet of flowers with shaking hands. Hongbin's jaw dropped in slight envy.

Park Hyoshin turned to face in Hongbin's direction. "Please take care of her. She is a very precious friend to me."

Hongbin bowed, "Yes, Hyoshin Opp- I mean Hyung!"

Park Hyoshin bowed before entering the building after taking a few snaps with the press. 

Mirae watched him go, she blinked away tears that were forming in her eyes. Her hands shaking. 

"Did that really just happen?" Mirae whispered. 

"I guess it did," Hongbin replied, smiling. 

"Hongbin-ah!" N called as he raced up the red carpet stairs with Leo following right behind him, We were looking all over for you!"

Hongbin furrowed his eyebrows, "What is it?" 

N pouted, "We need you to come backstage. We are performing in ten minutes. Hurry and come!" N grabbed Leo and dragged him inside.

Hongbin looked over at Mirae obviously worried if she was going to be okay by herself. Mirae smiled, "I'll be fine. You should go," she lightly nudged him. Hongbin looked apologetic. 

"Hongbin. Go," she commanded. Hongbin sighed.

But Mirae was completely taken by surprise when he briefly kissed her lips. The crowd screamed extremely loud and the flashed became more intense. She blushed extremely hard. Smiling mischievously, he quickly went inside.

"MIRAE!" she heard. Turning around, she spotted her mom and right next to her was her dad. MIrae did't even control herself at this point before rushing down the stairs, her tears falling.

She ran up to her dad and hugged him tightly. She hadn’t seen him since the incident at her house and seeing him now, made her overcome with emotion. She cried on his shoulder for a solid two minutes.

"There, there, Mirae," her father coaxed, patting her head, "We'll be fine. Now its time for you to smile."

Mirae patted her eyes dry, noticing that the makeup was probably waterproof. She smiled, gulping. Thank heavens. She looked up at her father and then her mother, who were both smiling, looking their absolute best. 

"Mom...dad. Let's go in now."

She interlocked her arms with her parents on either side of her, till clutching the bouquet of flowers given to her by her beloved Park Hyoshin. Walking the steps now, she felt a heavy burden lift off her shoulder. At this moment in time, she felt like she would burst from happiness.

Everything was just...perfect.


~ A Few Days Later ~

"That" Aya laughed while taking a bite out of the cake, "Was a night to remember."

Mirae nodded, taking a ip of her hot chocolate, still convinced that the whole thing was just a dream. A surreal and happy dream. And the days that passed after that were memorable too.

She was accepted into a pretty decent university with a major in advanced acting and photography, her national exam marks were't the greatest but she was pleasantly surprised that she was able to do better than she had expected. Hani, on the other hand had one the highest scores in the country and was going to be attending Seoul National University in February. 

Mirae and Aya were sitting int he café across from Jellyfish. She saw people staring at her, or taking pictures of her. There were magazine editorials, newspaper articles, news reports, tabloids bing unleashed left and right about the red night premier since it was one of the most extravagant events of the year. Everything from the fashion lines, to the celebrities to even dating rumours about her- mirae couldn't keep track. The only thing that mattered was that she was able to see her dad that night. The surprise that Aya had arranged was inviting Mirae's parents tot he premier.

Speaking of parents, Aya's parents had come to visit, since Christmas was just around the corner. Aya and Mirae were planning on going Christmas shopping later, since Hani had to cancel because her younger sister had caught the cold and was stuck looking after her. 

"Are you ready? We should get going before the malls become too packed."

Mirae looked outside of the window, at the snowy ground that glistened like diamonds with the sun hitting it. She smiled, getting up form her chair. 

"Let's go."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hello Lovelies! I'm so sorry I haven't been activefor a few months, but now I'm back :)

I hope you liked this chapter, and I hope you like this fic up until now. Its probaby going to finish soon, but I'm happy I was able to complete it. :) Thank you all so muchup until now for your patience. 

Until Next time!

Bella