Narcissism

*Whispers* Park Hyoshin

"You're. Dating. Who?" Hani felt her ears slightly bleed from the news.

Mirae tapped her coffee nervously, as she had spilled the news, she had to do it somehow, but perhaps an hour after the frist day back to school wasn't the wisest of all choices

At this point there was no going back.

"Lee Jaehwan you know Ken from-"

"Yes, I am well aware of who he is." Hani looked at Mirae with a shocked expression. "Heo Mi Rae, have you, by any chance, gone crazy?"

Mirae frowned, why wasn't her friend happy about this?

"Do you realize how much hatred you're going to get from people, especially crazy fangirls and sasaengs, have you even told your mother?" Hani rambled on.

"Relax, I can deal with sasaengs, you just kick them in the face." Mirae took a sip from her coffee. 

"Yup, you've definitely gone crazy." Hani glared at her friend, "And again, have you told your mother?"

"No, not yet. She knows I'm dating someone though." Mirae reassured Hani.

"Does she know you're dating a Hallyu star?" Hani raised her brow. 

"...No."

"And how do you think she would feel?" Hani crossed her arms over her chest, her eyebrow still raised.

"She'd probably be against it." Mirae mumbled, putting her head down.

"Bingo." Hani placed her hand on Mirae's shoulder. "You should tell your mom before things become ugly."

Mirae puted slighlty, thinking over what Hani had said. She could tell her mom, and convince her, but she wasn't quite ready yet, I mean, they've only been dating for a week.

Hani glared over on the other side of the room at two girls were staring down Mirae, giggling while pointing to one of their phones. Hani frowned. 

"Well then, I think you've gained some slight fame, would you look at that." Mirae looked up to see the two girls who had abruptly gone back to pretending to be engaged in their buisness. Mirae pursed her lips together, shrugging.

Well, things could get worse, if she was going to have to deal with being recognized every once in a while for being part of a music video, she still would have trouble imagining getting death threats and prank calls from overly-hyped up fans when they found out the big news....

"Anyways, I heard from your mother about the big day." Hani chuckled, lighting up the mood. Mirae knew exactly what she was talking about, and soon felt extremely fluttery and happy. 

"You're so lucky!" Hani looked at Mirae with playful jealousy, "You get to do a photoshoot with the one and only Park Hyoshin! I would have loved to see your reaction when you found at the news." Hani exclaimed, "I bet you were probably squealing and rolling around your living room."

Mirae took a sip from her coffee, uncomfortable at the fact that her best freined basically summed up her reaction. 

"So when's the big day?" Hani asked.

Mirae squealed taking a hold of Hani's hand. "Tomorrow." Mirae squealed more, squirming around in her chair, blushing madly. Hani giggled at her best friend's reaction. Classic Mirae. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Hold still," the dress fitter commanded as she was adjusting the ruffles on Mirae's ball gown.

Mirae whimpered softly. She hadn't had enough sleep last night because of her sheer excitement. She felt droopy and miserable in the morning and now her dress fitter kept on snapping at her for slouching even the slightest bit. Mirae's eyes wandered to the trifold mirror in front of her. She was wearing a red victorian ball gown, her hair up in a curly bun with pins with several strands purposely fallen out, brushing her shoulders. 

Her reflection looked a bit distorted from the mirrors. She stretched out her hand, and to her amusement, her arm looked like it was broken. Funny enough, her dress fitter wasn't amused by this at all and glared in Mirae's direction. Mirae mumbled an apology. 

Aya peeked her head inside the change room that was linked to the room where the shoot was going to be in. Aya, these days, looked quite happy, her composure in general was cheery and sickenly cheesy. Mirae sometimes felt like kicking her secretary. 

"How are things going?" Aya smiled, eyeing Mirae down. Mirae could sense some micheviousness from Aya's tone of voice. Mirae ignored it. She probably imagined it. She smiled at Aya.

"Good, I'm just so nervous I could-OUCH!" Mirae yelped. The dress fitter looked at the girl with an expression saying Hold still.

Aya giggled, but stopped once she saw Mirae's cross face. 

"Hey! You shouldn't be in such a cross mood! You're about to have a photoshoot with like- your god! You don't want to ruin it with that ugly expression on your face."

Mirae instantly straightened her face, giving a stiff smile, even though inside she felt like screaming to the world about Park Hyoshin.

"Where were you for that past two hours?" Mire whimpered, but she didn't need to ask that anywyas, since she knew she was probably hanging out with...that cockroach.

Aya gave her a sheepish grin and mumbled "Sorry,".

Not before long, Aya's phone rang and she had to take a call again.

"Alright, Ms. Heo, we are done. If you could just slip on your shoes?" The dress fitter handed her a pair of red blood red pumps with red ribbons that she had to tie around her ankles. She ruffled and smoothed out her dress before she was bombarded with makeup artists, one grabbing a hold of her hair, another poking something in her eye and the other one was smearing something across her face. Mirae felt like she was going to suffocate. She has never, for as long as she has been doing photoshoots never has she had people treat her as if she was made out of China. She was told by Aya that this photoshoot was a huge deal, but this was ridiculous. How could they expect her lungs to not collapse from the pressure of the corset she was wearing? Her ribcage was most likely broken.

After half an hour of standing awkwardly while people orbitted around her, fixing things here and there, little strands of hair or giving the occasional sprtiz of hairspray that smelled way to strong or the perfume that made Mirae sneeze....unattractively. 

"Ms. Heo, we are now ready for you." Mirae saw the same woman, with the tight bun, call out to her, beckoning to follow her. Mirae went through the door that connected her temporary change room with the photoshoot room. 

Mirae squinted her eyes from the bright backdrop and the many flashes going off here and there. Photographers were busily zooming around everywhere to set up the scene at perfect angles. Mirae scanned the room, noticing some people, but to her dismay, no Park Hyoshin. 

Her eyes scneed the rest of the room, she saw a group of guys off in the corner, laughing and talking, but she didn't know who they were....she was pretty sure.

"It's all very impressive isn't it?" She heard a voice beside her. 

Mirae jumped. She knew that voice. That husky, melodious voice.

She was speechless.

Park Hyoshin smiled at her, noticing her blushing face and stuttered speech which he couldn't comprehend. He had recognized her from his concert from two months ago. 

"I should probably formally introduce myself." Hyoshin warmingly exteneded his hand out. "Annyeonghaseyo, Park Hyoshin-imnida." He grinned an angellic grin that could have stopped time.

Mirae's heart had exploded, but she tried to conceal. Mirae could see he looked godly in his black tuxedo with a blood red tie and his hair was pushed into a voluminous slick, his fringe framing the side of his face perfectly. Mirae also noticed he had a small ponytail at the back of his hair. He looked amazingly sophisticated and beautiful. It was enoguh to make Mirae spontaneoulsy combust from over joy. She fet like her life was complete, momentarily. Park Hyoshin...Park Hyoshin....her idol...he was talking to her. This was just too much for Mirae to comprehend. 

"Ah- annyeonghaseyo, H-h-heo Mirae im-imnida." Mirae stuttered. Park Hyoshin smiled at her, chuckling. "Mirae, I like the sound of that name, doesn't it mean fortune and beauty?" 

Mirae blushed even harder, her knees growing weak "Well yes it-"

"HYOSHIN HYUNG!" Mirae heard a scream from behind her causing her to jump. She knew that deep obnoxious voice anywhere.

Hongbin latched himself onto Hyoshin's side. Park Hyoshin looked slightly surprised by Hongbin's appearance. Mirae and him were in the same boat.

Hongbin noticed Mirae and made posssibly the most ugliest facial expression known to humankind. 

"Hongbin-ah, How have you been?" Park Hyoshin had recovered from his moment of surprise and smiled at Hongbin who stood a bit taller than him. 

Because Vixx was just a bunch of giants.

"I'm good,hyung." Hongbin emphasized the word in hopes of aggravating Mirae. 

Mirae stood her ground. She felt her hands balled up into fists on each side of her side. Hyoshin seemd to take note of this and seemed really nervous about the relationship between Hongbin and Mirae. 

"Um..I have to go, I hear someone calling me. I'll see both of you later." Hyoshin excused himself, smiling before he left. 

Mirae waved to Hyoshin as he went, her smittened expression clearly showing through. She saw him disappear. As soon as he did, she made a sour expression at the cockroach before her. Hongbin frowned. She huffed before turning on her heels to walk away. She felt a hand on her wrist. She looked at Hongbin with hatred.

"What?"

"What do you mean what? What are you doing here?" Hongbin inquired. Mirae turned around to face Hongbin, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"What's it to you?" 

Hongbin narrowed his eyes. "Cheeky."

"I know what you are but what am I?" Mirae tried to be clever. Sadly, it did not work.

"What are you? twelve years old?" Hongbin gave her a stank expression.

"Fine. I guess I won't tell you." Mirae strut her chin out.

"Tell me."

"No."

"HEO MIRAE WE ARE READY FOR YOUR SET IN 5 MINUTES!"

Great.

Hongbin still hadn't let go of her wrist, he in fact, tightened his grip around it. 

"Wait. You have a photoshoot?" Hongbin looked at her in disbelief. 

"Yeah. With Park Hyoshin, jealous?" Mirae laughed in his face. Hongbin looked confused.

Mirae saw that he wasn't angry with her, but looked bewildered. 

Both their eyes widened at the same time, at the sudden realization.

"You!" they both screamed at each other.

"You also have a photoshoot with Pak Hyoshin?" Mirae yelled out in disbelief.

"What do you mean also? You too?!" Hongbin's eyes were about to pop out their eye sockets. No, this could not be happening. Why did their manager tell him anything of that sort? This was just outrageous!

And why the hell was his heart beating so fast? This angered him more.

Meanwhile Mirae was outraged at this. Mirae was almost certain Aya knew of this fact but didn't tell her. How could she she betray Mirae like that?

This photoshoot....

It's going to be a disaster, and it hasn't even started yet...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I am sooo sorry for not updating faster things have been pretty hectic! I've had school, exams and several dance recitals. Ballet really tires me out. I'm getting old T_T

AND OMG AM I THE ONLY ONE FREAKING OVER PARK HYOSHIN'S COMEBACK I'M CRYING SO HARD BECAUSE OF HIM DAMN HIM  And his one shot version really pulled at my heartstrings <3

Hyoshin fan since 2006 <3

Plus I've heard Park Hyoshin is going to be starring in a musical where he'll be playing Mozart which is pretty cool, since they both are prodigies :)

There Park Hyoshin has gone and ruined my sense of sanity once again. Ugh.