Photographs

*Whispers* Park Hyoshin

Mi Rae glared right back at the boy. He looked quite familiar. Mi Rae couldn't put her finger on it though....

He was almost a head and a half taller than her, which was to be expected. Mi Rae was short, standing at five foot three. He had an expensive camera around his neck. Wearing an aztec print cardigan, with a white shirt underneath and dark shaded jeans to match. He had a frame of specks on his face.  He glared at her, venom oozing out his eye sockets.

Mi Rae narrowed her eyes and blew her fringe out of her face. What a dweeb she thought, looks like a freaking hipster out of some vintage fashion magazine. 

"Hyoshin hyung~" Hongbin emphasizd the last word, "What is this...thing?" he jutted his chin at Mi Rae, without breaking the glaring eye contest competition with her. 

"I look more human than you do right now." Mi Rae retorted back. Hyung? what's that all about

"Ah...Hongbinnah, you came?" Park Hyoshin stood up, interjecting the soon-to-be-bicker. Mi Rae could see him advance towards them. God, he was so perfect. Praise the Lord. 

The boy, Hongbin, smiled, breaking eye contact with Mi Rae and looked at Hyoshin, eyes sparkling. His dimpled smile caused Mi Rae's heart to flutter. Why? He was pretty of course, but from early on, she could sense that they weren't exactly going to be friends.

He still looked strangely familiar for some odd reason. 

"N Hyung and the rest of them are in the stadiums as well."

rest of who? Mi Rae thought. 

"You came all alone?" Park Hyoshin asked

Hongbin nodded, looking angelically, shifting his face into a sour expression when he saw Hyoshin glance over towards Mi Rae.

Hongbin turned his attention back to Mi Rae, glaring, before quickly snapping a picture with his camera, blinding her in the eye, causing her to twitch...unattractively. 

"Yah! What the hell was that all about?" Mi Rae yelped, shocked. This is the first time something like this ever occured. Hongbin ignored her, pacing over to the man who's name Mi Rae still did not know. 

"Mr. Kim, I got a photo of the sasaeng fan," Hongbin winked at Hyoshin. 

Park Hyoshin shifted uncomfotably, disappearing from the room, obviously delayed for his performance, heading through a door.

Why did everyone think she is  a sasaeng fan? Mi Rae frowned. Wait, something was not right. Mr. Kim furrowed his eyebrows at the screen of Hongbin's camera. What was going on? Mi Rae was puzzled.

[Mr. Kim's thoughts through the author] Mr. Kim was perplexed. This..girl...the photo Hongbin took... she looked ridiculously photogenic. Nevermind the eye twitch thing going on, she looked like a model...even with that retarded eye twitch. 

"Mr. Jung, would you take a look at this."

"What is it?" Hongbin and Mi Rae asked at the same time.

Mr. Jung paced over, furrowing his eyebrows and then giving a look of wonderment at the camera. huh. interesting. The photo. [end of thoughts]

Hongbin and Mi Rae looked at each other. Hongbin smirked malicioulsy mouthing "This is the end of you"

Mi Rae narrowed her eyes at him. 

Mr. Jung and Mr. Kim, in the meantime were discussing in whispers over the photo. Mi Rae didn't know what to think. What was such a big deal about the stupid picture? 

Hongbin thought the same thing. The longer Mr. Jung and Mr. Kim were discussing in hushed tones, turning their back to the two teenagers, obviously engrossed in the picture he had taken, the more he feared that the girl wasn't going to be kicked out.

Mr. Kim and Mr. Jung finally faced Mi Rae with smiled on their faces.

"You. What's your name?"

"M-Mi Rae. Heo Mi Rae" Mi Rae answered.

"Mi Rae? What kind of name is that? Sounds like something out of a soap opera." Hongbin scoffed

Mi Rae had the strongest urge to punch his pretty boy face, that way, his dimples weren't the only dents in his precious face. A big crater where her fist had connected to his face would also be included. She balled her fists into two tiny spheres on either side of her body. 

"Heo Mi Rae." Mr. Jung called. Breaking Mi Rae from her beautiful thoughts of Hongbin's face dented. 

"Yes?"

Mr. Jung and Mr. Kim looked at each other. 

"How would you be interested for being scouted as a model for our agency?"

"NE?" Hongbin and her yelled out. Hongbin in disbelief and her in surprise, who looked from Mr. Kim, to Mr. Jung, finally resting his eyes on Mi Rae. A low growl escaped his throat. Grabbing his camera, he then stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind him. Mi Rae smirked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So...they just offered you a position as a model for their company?" Hani said, examining a stapled contract.

Mi Rae was sprawled over her bed, looking up at Park Hyoshin posters all over her ceiling.

"Apparently." 

Mi Rae remembered stumbling on her words when they told her that, Hongbin was staring at the two Managers in disbelief while Mi Rae was at loss of words. 

Later, after the concert and during an evening on a school night, they asked to book an appointment with Mi Rae. Mi Rae foolishly agreed and met up with Mr. Kim and CEO of the company who explained the terms and conditions. Mi Rae recieved a contract from them later on. She was to be  amodel with them for 2 years and would be paid a salary well above what a normal working class citizen would have been paid. 

Mi Rae closed her eyes, remembering their words.

"We were actually looking for a model to represent our Entertainment label."

"But why me? Can't you hire a Hallyu star? Like Seo Nyeo Shi Dae?"

Mr. Kim wrinkled his nose.

"Yes, but their faces are everywhere. We need a fresh face."

Fresh face? The only things Mi Rae admired about herself is her milky white face, small v-shaped face and huge eyes. That being said, these traits ran in the family, so it was no mystery that she ended up with these features. Besides, she was a skinny little twig and too short to be a model. Maybe if you squinted your eyes really narrow, you may see a bit of curves on her bust and hips? 

Or maybe that was Mi Rae's imagination. 

Who was she kidding. 

"You can actually build a career from this..." Hani spoke, breaking Mi Rae's train of thought.

"Hm?" she questioned her friend. 

"Think about it. You're pretty stupid in school, I mean, the only thing you actually excel in at school is art. And by excel I mean you're actually passing."

"Yeah whatever." Mi Rae made a face. Hani was right. She wasn't exactly an academic person. She knew she had to do something with her life once she graduated. She shivered at the thought of being bossed around by her grouchy mother while she was at home...useless and unemployed. Not like her mom had a problem with her modelling. It was allowed, for extra income into the family and Mi Rae wouldn't be such a waste of space.

Besides, it wouldn't hurt to be close to her beloved Hyoshin Oppa.

Mi Rae squealed internally at the previous thought.

"What's with your face?" Hani questioned, raising an eyebrow. "You look like you're about to rip a big one."

"I'm going to take on the offer."

This time, Mi Rae squealed out loud with Hani.

Hani jumped on top of Mi Rae. Mi Rae was convinced she was going to die from the impact.

"Jinja?!! jinja? Omo! This is amazing! I'm so happy."

Mi Rae couldn't help but chuckle herself.

She had decided to become a model for Jellyfish entertainment and stay by her Hyoshin Oppa's side forever.

Whether Hongbin liked it or not.