Tickets

*Whispers* Park Hyoshin

She fell with a thud onto her bedroom floor.

Ouch.

"Mi Rae-ya is that you?" she heard a shriek coming from downstairs downstairs.

"NEEEEEEE" she yelled back.

"Hurry up! school starts in half an hour and you're still not up yet!"

Mi rae grabbed her alarm clock. Gasping, she started changing into her school uniform while struggling to put on a skirt and brush her teeth at the same time. 

"Good morning Oppa," Mi Rae smiled at one of the many posters of Park Hyoshin on her wall, kissing it before she went downstairs.

She started hopping down the stairs, her curls bouncing with each hop into her face, making hard for her to see and then eventually, falling.

Again.

Looking up, she saw her mom, hands crossed on her hips, with an apron on and a spatula in her curly hair.

Mi Rae raised her palm while still face down on the ground.

"Hehe...Anyeong" Mi Rae grinned, toothbrush in .

"Exactly what are you doing on the ground. Gaaaahhh I swear both of my kids are absolutely going to grow up to be useless what am I supposed to do a single mother raising to idiots. You guys make me want to pull my hair out, I swear you will regret the day I'm gone..." she rambled off going into the kitchen. Mi Rae followed smoothing her skirt. 

Plopping on her dining seat, Mi Rae looked across to see her brother, Mi Wook eating like a pig.

She made a face. "Aigoo, so ugly." she commented.

"Shwat aup" he retorted, bits of rice spewing out. 

Her mother came back from the kitchen, some steaming rice and kimchi in a bowl, placing it before Mi Rae. 

Picking up her chopsticks, Mi Rae started pigging out in the same manner as her brother.

"Aw ew you're really getting fat, lose weight." her mother commented. 

"Umma!"

"What? I'm just speaking the truth"

Her brother snickered, "It's true Noona, you're just as fat those sumo wrestlers, you know the ones from those foreign Japanese commercials!" Mi Wook guffawed, earning a smack to the head from his Noona.

"Shut up or I'll shove these chopsticks up your nostrils," she threatened him. 

"If you do that, how are you going to eat your rice, FATASS!" He taunted.

"YAH!" she yelled back.

"Enough! Both of you!" Her mother glanced at the clock hanging on the wall. "Get in the car, we're going to be late for school."

"But I barely even ate anything," Mi Rae complained, frowning.

"Get in the car. Now." Her mother ordered her.

Mi Rae slumped off her chair and started walking away, glancing back, she took a step back and shoved a chunk of rice down . She chewed it like it was her last meal before she was to die. Her mom grabbed onto her uniform blazer and started dragging her out of the dining room.

"Okay! okay, I'm coming!" she struggled.

Mi Rae looked at her rice with longing as she had to depart with it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aish! I really think I am getting fat. My hips are sitting at 26 inches." Mi Rae complained to her friend Hani. They were sitting in math class. The teacher was asleep and the students were just fooling around. 

Hani glanced at her with a "what the hell" face on.

"Since when was 26 inches considered fat?"

"Since my mom said I was... and my brother called me a sumo wrestler."

"A what wrestler?" Hani asked, raising her eyebrow.

" A sumo wrestler," She said.

"I don't what that is, but anyway, you're fine, look you have chopstick legs" Hani said poking her kneecap.

"That's even worse! I'll look like a giant Korean dumpling balanced on two chopsticks" Mi Rae groaned putting her head on her table.

"Well look on the bright side, I was able to get us tickets to Park Hyoshin's next concert!"

Mi Rae shot up like a pin, her eyes sparked up.

"AAAAAHHHHH JINJA?" She squealed, grasping Hani in a tight hug, "gomawo, jinja gomawo Han Hani!!!" 

Hani struggled for breath. 

"Hahaha! Happy Early Birthday Heo Mirae!" she handed an envelope to Mirae. Mirae thought she was going to cry. 

Pulling it out, she saw two tickets. She shot a confused look to Hani.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, we have backsatge passes and a seat in the luxury box. Don't lose those tickets." Hani wagged her finger.

Mirae wiped a tear from her eye, clutching her best friend back into a hug.

"Thank you, oh my gosh, thank you," Mirae said, Hani chuckled.

She looked at her two tickets again. This was definitely going to be the best birthday ever.

She was finally going to meet Oppa.