The End of The Beginning

*Whispers* Park Hyoshin

It was Christmas Eve and the only thing that was running through Mirae's mind on the morning of Christmas Eve was the concert she was going to attend later on. 

"MIIIRAE!" her mother shouted from the kitchen, "Are you up?!"

"COMING!" Mirae hollered back, getting up from her bed and instantly tripping when her foot got tangled by the large pile of clothing at her feet. Her whole room was trashed since she had been deciding what to where to the concert for the longest time. 

Mirae walked into the kitchen to see her mom was chopping some of the cabbage that she had stored away in order to make more kimchi. 

"Ah, Mirae, there seems to be someone at the door. Can you go see who it is?" Her mother looked at her hands, "I'm kind've busy right now."

Mirae caught a quick glimpse in the mirror. She had caught herself doing that a lot more lately much to her brother's annoyance who made fun of her every chance he got. 

Mirae answered the door to see it was Aya standing outside, shivering slightly. 

"Hey," she said, her breath in puffs. Mirae could see she was wearing a dress and a coat overtop. She never really understood Aya's weird rule of thumb that the more cuter your dress is, the more cuter you look during the winter time. Mirae always questioned if Aya would ever need to amputate her legs from the severity of her frostbites (which, was not true, because Aya was perfectly fine, much to Mirae's surprise.)

"Well?" Aya kicked some of the snow off her boots, "Aren't you going to invite me in?" 

"Oh right," MIrae smiled, sheepishly, before steeping sideways to let Aya in. The other girl smiled. Picking up a bag from behind her, which Mirae had not seen, she entered in her house. 

Mirae saw Miwook poking his head from the corner to stare at the both of them. Mirae glared at him, and he instantly disappeared. 

Aya undid her leather boots, and stepped into the foyer, carrying the bag. Mirae had meant to ask what it is was for. 

Mirae's mom came out from the hallway that led to the kitchen. She rubbed her hands on the apron, approaching MIrae and Aya. 

"Ah! Aya-ssi, what brings you here?"

Aya bowed, smiling, "Hello, Mrs. Yoon. I came with some clothing for the concert we have to attend later on."

Mirae's mother smiled and nodded, "Ah yes, Mirae had been going on about that for almost a month now. After all it is Park Hyoshin she is going to go see." 

Aya giggled and nudged Mirae slightly, "Or its probably because she has someone."

Mirae's mother raised her eyebrows, "Is that so?" 

Mirae's eyes went wide, shaking her head vigourously, "No way mother, I am strictly am only going for Park Hyoshin. No need to worry there is no man in my life. Aya is just talking nonsense," she giggled nervously, trying to seem lighthearted about the matter, "The cold has just gotten to her head, and nothing else."

She quickly grabbed Aya's hand, much to Aya's protest, who was still planning to tell Mirae's mother about Hongbin, but MIrae just dragged her up the stairs to her room, "We're going mom, we'll eat lunch afterwards okay so don't enter my room."

Mirae closed her bedroom door behind her, trying to hear if there was any noise behind her, like her mother or Miwook eavesdropping. Thankfully, there wasn't. 

Mirae sighed, and paced around the room. Aya set the bag down and watched Mirae.

"Anyways," Aya said clearing as she tried to distract Mirae, "I bought some of my clothing that I personally think will look good on you." Aya clapped her hands, gaining Mirae's attention.

Mirae tried to protest, but a pile of clothing, practically as big as her was tossed in her direction.

"Now hurry," Aya shooed, "We have a lot to get through." 

Mirae sighed and stalked over to her closet. 

After five minutes, Mirae stepped out, "What do you think?" she said patting down the overly neon pleated skirt. Mirae stared herself down. Instead of a ballad concert, she looked like she was going to a rave. Now all she needed was some neon makeup.

Aya grimaced, before shooing her off. Mirae sighed and went back in. 

This time, she wore high waisted leather skirt and a studded collared shirt. Mirae thought it looked like something those runway models would wear. However, since it was Mirae, and Mirae was not a runway model, she shook her head towards Aya.

"Very Versace," Aya nodded, "But not very Mirae." she sent Mirae back into the closet. 

"Are you sure this is going to work? i have my own clothing!" Mirae sighed. Aya raised an eyebrow.

"Really? last time I checked, plaid and combat boots isn't something you wear when you want to impress your date."

"It's not a date," mirae mumbled under her breath, her face flushing just from the thought of it.

Aya snorted before shoving another wad of clothing towards Mirae, "You're lying to yourself," she snickered, "We have a lot of clothing to get through."

This went on for about two or three hours. Mirae would try on things, Aya would reject it, and send her back into the closet. Time was growing thin and so was Mirae's patience. 

"This is hopeless," Mirae sighed, sitting down. She was wearing ripped black skinny jeans, a blank halter top and a plaid shirt overtop. How very grunge, Mirae thought bitterly. 

Aya sighed, looking around at the clothing that now littered all over Mirae's bedroom floor. Aya looked around the place for inspiration before she looked inside her bag. There inside, Aya saw something that would be completely perfect. She observed Mirae who was to busy trying to pick up some clothing and arrange them into a messy pile on her study chair. 

"I think I may have found something perfect." Aya said, holding the article of clothing out and measuring it against Mirae, "Go try it on."

"I don't think-" 

Before Mirae could finish, Aya shoved the clothing into her hands.

"Try it," she said sternly. 

Mirae groaned, looking at the clock. They only had two hours. 

She stalked begrudgingly into the closet and began to change. 

"Aya, I can just wear my clothing, really, its no big deal."

"Let's see it!" Mirae heard Aya call out. Since it was dark inside her closet, she couldn't make an accurate judgement of the article of clothing on her. 

Mirae stepped out and immediately saw Aya's jaw drop. Mirae looked over towards the floor-length mirror, and saw that she was wearing a skin tight mahogany dress, well it was probably a dress. The sleeves were halfway down her lower arms and the empire neckline covered enough so that her collarbones were exposed. 

Aya nodded approvingly, crossing her arms and obviously proud of her work, "This," she said, "Is perfect." 

Mirae tore here eyes away from the mirror and looked towards Aya, "This is a dress?" she asked, peering down to see that it covered mid thigh. Aya shook her head. 

"That's actually my shirt but it looks way better as a dress. Thank god you're small enough." Aya turned her head to one side to inspect Mirae, "Speaking of which, I actually has a pair of boots that may go well with it." 

Aya turned around to rummage through the bag and pull out a pair of black matte high heeled boots. 

"Isn't your foot size a bit bigger than mine?" MIrae pointed out. 

"These were actually mine a few years ago, but I grew out of them. Luckily I kept them because they are exactly your size."

Mirae nodded, before sitting down to pull the boots on. She didn't notice before, but they were knee high boots, which she felt looked awkward, but she didn't want to grant herself death if she tried to defy Aya. 

"Perfect." Aya clapped her hands, "You look great."

Mirae blushed, "Really?"

Aya squinted, "Not quite." she rummaged back in her bag, "Do you by chance have a leather fitting jacket?"

Mirae nodded, "Yeah, its just in my-"

"Good. Put it on." Aya crossed her hands over her chest. 

After much digging and creating an even bigger mess, Mirae was able to pull out a small leather jacket that still fit her fortunately. 

"There," Aya patted Mirae's head, "Now, you look concert-ready." 

Aya glanced over at the clock and was shocked at the time. Mirae looked over to where Aya's gaze was and dropped as well. 2 hours had gone by so fast, it actually shocked both of them. 

"Hurry! We need to get going!" Aya exclaimed, tugging at Mirae's wrist. 

"Wait!" Mirae tried to squirm out of Aya's grip, "I haven't done my hair or makeup."

Aya shook her head, "There's no time, I'll try to fix things up as much as I can in the car, we have to hurry Mirae." Aya urged, forcefully dragging Mirae out of her room. Mirae sighed. Great.

 

"Are you sure I look fine?" Mirae whimpered. The car was dark because of the tint and it didn't help that it was already dark outside, so natural sunlight didn't seem to be an option at this point. Mirae just prayed that Aya knew how to do makeup in the dark because things were not looking good. 

"And...done." Aya closed the lid of her lipgloss and patted Mirae's face slightly. "Do you have your ticket?" Mirae nodded, reaching inside her bag. But she felt nothing inside her bag. she rummaged inside it again to try to see if she had misplaced it. Mirae's heart stopped. Did she lose the concert ticket? Shaking her bag, she spilled the contents out. There was her phone, iPod, mirror, mints and BB cream." She looked slowly up at Aya, with a look of pure horror. 

Aya sighed, retrieving a ticket outside of her coat pocket, "How did you forget to put this in your bag?" she scolded, "Even I, as your manager, am disappointed at how thickheaded you can be." 

Mirae laughed, suddenly hugging Aya. 

"Woah! Hey now." Aya said, taken aback. She hugged Mirae back, smiling widely.

 Mirae sighed, breaking away from the hug, "Thank you for always taking care of me." 

Aya cleared , trying to fight back some tears. She was obviously moved by Mirae's words, "Well of course, what what would you be able to do without me?" 

Mirae laughed, "That's true," Mirae thought a bit before adding, "And thanks for always supporting me even when I have hurt you." 

Aya took Mirae's hand and squeezed it tightly, "Of course. I'm one of your closest friends. And where Hongbin is concerned," she paused and smiled, "He was never mine to begin with."

"Wait wha-"

Aya quickly opened the door and shoved Mirae out. 

"Now go Mirae. I didn't give up Hongbin for nothing so you better-"

"I'm going! I'm going!" Mirae chuckled, blushing madly.

 

The entire stadium was crowded with people. Mirae hadn't seen anyone she recognized in the past half hour, though. There were no chairs, but just people bustling in crowds so it was very easy not to be able to see people. Christmas lights were spread everywhere and it was an extremely festive atmosphere. Mirae was at loss of words when she she was able to see who was performing on stage- It was Seo In Guk! She clapped and sang along with the rest of the crowd, despite practically freezing in her clothing. 

"Mirae!" A voice called out in the crowd. Mirae turned towards to where the voice was coming from, and saw Ken. She smiled, widely- finally someone she knew. Even though they were now broken up, she and Ken still remained as great friends. She waved at him, beckoning for him to come closer when he tried to shout something towards her.

Ken squeezed through the crowd to come closer to her. Mirae could see his nose was a bit red from the cold, but he still looked like a happy puppy. Mirae couldn't help but laugh. 

"Merry Christmas, Heo Mirae!" Ken exclaimed with delight. 

"Merry Christmas!" she shouted back over the crowd's screams. 

Mirae saw another figure turn around next to Ken and saw Hyuk, who excitedly waved his hands mouthing "noona" over and over again.  She laughed and waved frantically back. The crows was no joke. She could barely here her own voice over the screaming of others. Seo In Guk's popularity seriously was no joke. She squeezed herself out of the crowded area, finding salvation in a small corner, but in no time, she was pushed back into the middle of the small stadium because of the ever-moving crowd. Even with her heels, it was hard to distinguish anyone over the crowds. It was a very pretty scene, though she would have to admit. Suddenly, the crowd became quiet, as Seo In Guk lowered his arms down to silence the crowd. A figure appeared on stage that made mirae's heart skip a beat. The man standing up on stage smiled beautifully before the crowd began to scream madly again. 

"Park Hyoshin," Mirae breathed, her eyes glazing and her warm breath forming into small clouds in the winter air. Despite the cold, seeing him, she immediately felt warm. Mirae wondered if she would ever get over that. 

She turned her eyes around, to the LED screen behind him, and was surprised to see a picture of her. 

"What the-" It looked quite familiar. Mirae saw that she looked happy in the photo. She remembered, a memory flashing back, to when she had taken Hongbin to secretly spy on her father. She neevr realized that he had taken a photo of her secretly. Mirae scanned the crowd to see if she could spot a tall and lanky figure, but all she saw were undistinguishable crowds of people.

Suddenly, Mirae glanced her eyes over the crowd that seemed to be getting quieter and just hushing. The audience suddenly roared when he began the chorus once again. Mirae laughed loudly while clapping her hands. She felt so free in such a long time. Mirae stole her glance away from Park Hyoshin to see the scene before her. 

There were christmas lights everywhere hanging around the barren trees that were surrounding the stage. Christmas trees and small winter decorations decorated the outdoor stadium. The whole place was bright with the dark, moonless sky above, which also was sprinkled with constellations. 

Mirae felt something cold on the tip of her nose. She brushed her nose with the tips of her fingers, to see a single melting snow flake. 

She glanced up towards the sky to see nothing. She must have been imagining it all. She closed her eyes, to shake it off. She listened to the soothing sound of Park Hyoshin who was singing one of Mirae's all time favourites, "Echo"

"Mirae.." she heard someone breathe into her ear. She opened her eyes, to see Hongbin leaning his head towards her. She jerked slightly, almost tripping. Hongbin caught her arm just in time, laughing shyly. 

"You came," Hongbin chuckled, ducking his head slightly to bury his blushing face into his scarf. 

"Hongbin I-" 

Hongbin shook his head, "Mirae, I don't want to hear it today. Can we just...enjoy this together?"

Mirae furrowed her eyebrows, "What are you talking about?"

Hongbin averted his eyes, "My confession. I know what you're going to say, and before you say anything, I want you to know mirae that I love you, and I will respect your decision because i know you could do a lot better than me but can we please just be happy together at least-"

"Wait, slow down," Mirae laughed, shaking her head, "I didn't come here to reject you." 

Hongbin jolted his head upwards, his eyes wide with surprise, "Y-you didn't?"

"No." she said, clenching her fists, "Hongbin I wanted to tell you that I like you a lot too. I want to accept your confession. Is that okay?" Mirae looked up to see Hongbin's head ducked into his scarf. 

"Did I say something wrong?" Mirae panicked, ducking her head to see a glimpse, but suddenly understood what was going on. 

"Ha!" she exclaimed, "You're not crying are you?" she ridiculed. 

Hongbin scoffed, wiping away obvious tears, "Am not," 

"Are too, you cockroach." she raised an eyebrow before grinning, "But I like you this way." 

Mirae was surprised when she reached Hongbin's face on her tippy toes and met his lips with her own. She froze in surprise. What was she doing?

She felt Hongbin smile through the kiss, before withdrawing, "No, you're the cockroach." his voice, felt a bit husky to her ears.

Mirae bit her lip, smiling. 

Hongbin leaned back in, deepening the kiss. He wrapped his arms around her, feeling warm by the proximity. Mirae smiled into the kiss as well, her heart hammering against her chest and her chest fluttered. Her fists were curled, holding him by his scarf as he gently held her face with his warm hands. Suddenly, Mirae felt something cold touching her lips. She broke the kiss. Hongbin glanced at her questioningly. his lips were slightly redder. She smiled before looking up towards the sky once again, to see that snow was falling everywhere. Hongbin glanced up with her and chuckled softly. 

She stared at the snow falling, before looking back at the smiling face in front of her. Hongbin brought her in, hugging her tightly, wrapping his scarf around her head. Mirae could feel his heart thumping loudly inside his chest. 

And with that, she knew everything, no matter how bad it seemed, would always seem to turn out just fine. 

Thank you, Park Hyoshin


A/N: WE HAVE REACHED THE END OMG OM HOW DID YOU ALL LIKE IT?

This was a lot of fun wiritng, and considering it was my first ever fanfic, I'm quite happy that you guys took the time ot read it. Thank you so much I love you all. And I'm also sorry for the late updates I've just been so busy with everything, so I'm also thankful you guys were so patient. 

Until next time, 

Bella