Sad

Sapphire Angel

 I decided to help make dinner, it was the least I could do since they welcomed me without knowing anything about me. I strolled to where I remember the kitchen was since Suho walked past it whilst guiding me to my room. I walked in to hear sizzling of the pan, I looked up to see D.O I think it was, making some steak. I walked up to him.

“Do you need some help?” I asked

“Oh my goodness Ahri, you scared me. Don’t do that ever again!” He puts his hand over his chest.

“Oh, I’m sorry”

“It’s okay and you don’t need to help” He smiled.

I shook my head “It’s the least I could do. Plus, I can tell you need to make a lot more and there’s only half an hour til 6” I stated.

“Well, okay I guess. But do you know how to make this?”

“Of course” I smiled.

“Okay then, you can make the vegetables and potato mash while I’ll work on the meat and my special gravy” he smiled.

“Yes sir!” I saluted as he chuckled. I’m going to be staying here right? I might as well get comfortable.

I grabbed some vegetables and washed them in the sink, next I chopped them up really fast, professionally. I peeled the potatoes and put them in a bowl as I mashed them up. I added a little bit of salt for flavouring and continued mashing. In half an hour, the both of us finished putting them onto plates just has the clock stoke 6 o’clock.

“Dinner’s ready!” D.O called.

In seconds, a hoard of hungry boys filled the dining room.

“I’ll go call Ahri” Suho shouted.

“No need!” D.O yelled back “She was helping me make dinner”

“Jinjja? Okay” Suho sat down beside the others.

“Come and sit next to me” D.O invited.

“Sure” I smiled as I sat next to him.

“Thank you for the food” they chorused.

I expected them to eat politely since they were princes, boy was I wrong. They gobbled up their food like pigs and dinner was chaos. Boys stole food, they fought, drinks were spilt. I sat there dumbfounded.

“Are they always like this?” I asked.

“Unfortunately, yes” D.O answered chuckling “but you get used to it”

I just nodded as I returned to my plate; I ate at my own pace and politely.

“Sheesh guys, can’t you eat like Ahri? You guys are all pigs!” D.O shouted.

All he got was things thrown at him “Shut up hyung, let us eat in peace” Kai yelled with his mouth full.

“Tsk” D.O replied.

I sighed and helped him wipe off all the bits of food.

“What a waste” I muttered to no-one in particular.

After the hectic dinner, I helped cleared the plates. I put them in the sink and started to wash them.

“Ahri, you don’t need to! Let me do it” D.O said firmly.

“No, I’m pretty sure that you cook and clean every day. So take a break and let me do it, I’m sure there’s something that you rather do than wash dirty dishes” I stated, putting my hands on my hips.

“Bu-“

“No Buts” I stopped him.

“Okay, fine, gomawo” He smiled.

“No problem” I replied, going back to the dishes as he walked off.

No one’s POV

The boys were in the game room messing around and having fun when D.O walked in.

“Oh, D.O you finished the dishes fast today” Kai commented.

“Well actually Kai, Ahri said she wanted to do it. She just started living here and she’s already helping me make dinner and wash the dishes. For me look at you guys, you’ve been living here since ages and don’t do a single chore tsk” D.O shook his head.

“Just let her do all the chores” Kris smirked.

“KRIS! Be nice” Suho scolded him.

“Pft” was all Kris said.

“Well, I really like her” Xiumin smiled not taking his eyes off the game.

“Same here” Kai smiled “I’ve always wanted a younger sister”

“Nah, she’s just here to steal my maknae role” Sehun pouted.

"She's just here for money" Tao rolled his eyes. 

"TAO!" Lay smacked him in the head. 

Unfortunately the boys didn’t notice that Ahri had finished the dishes some time ago and was bringing drinks for the boys. when she overheard their conversation. She felt sad that Tao thought of her like that. She waited for a little while for the topic to die off before she knocked on the door.

Kai opened the door to see Ahri standing there smiling and holding a tray of fruit and drinks.

“I thought you guys would be thirsty” She smiled.

“Oh thanks! I was getting parched, where did you get this? I don’t remember having this in our fridge” Kai asked.

“It’s a smoothie, I made it myself it’s a healthy drink. Anyway I better not disturb you guys, I’m going back to the room” She beamed before she walked off towards her room.

“Goodnight! Sweet dreams!” Kai shouted after her.

She just waved as a response.

Kai smiled as he closed the door with the tray in hand. “Here guys, Ahri made drinks for us and she cut us up some fruits,” he said placing the tray on the table.

Xiumin paused the game before grabbing one of the drinks and taking a huge slurp “It’s really good!” he beamed.

At that all the boys grabbed one and had a little drink “It’s really nice” Kris commented.

“It’s healthy too” Kai added.