Fudge cakes!

Sapphire Angel

Chapter 14

The next morning I woke up at 5am. I grabbed my backpack and packed enough clothes for myself. I grabbed my weapons and smiledarrow-10x10.png as I polished, sharpened and cleaned them. I unconsciously hummed a tune as I propped my guns, a rope, a small sack of rocks (For distractions) and a dagger. I placed a dagger in my boot too, just in case. I took my bandana and tied it around my arm; I grabbed my hood and escaped my safe, warm haven. I walked out and into the bathroom, taking the first aid kitarrow-10x10.png on the way. I couldn’t be bothered waking up the boys one by one. Takes too long. So I grabbed a loud speaker. 

“GUYS, WAKE UP CALL!!!!!! GET YOUR LAZY ASSES OFF THE BED AND OUT HERE” I yelled “Oh and with some exceptions" I smirked

In a couple minutes, the all came out the door groaning. 

“Ahri, be respectful to your elders, don’t go around calling them asses” Kai yawned.

“Didn’t I say exceptions?” I laughed.

He sighed.

“Go get ready guys” I smiled and headed to the kitchen to make the food. 

“Don’t worry about that, get the Royal Horses ready, I’ll do this” D.O smiled.

“Oh, thanks Oppa!” I smiled and ran outside.

 I ran to the stables and opened the door “Good morning everyone!” I shouted to the horses.

I walked into the stable, and opened the gates, one by one, getting them prepped. Changing the horse shoes, putting the saddle and reign on. The last Horse was my very own I got for my birthday. He was a large, black stallion. It wasn’t tamed when I got it but I trained him myself. His name was Midnight.

“Good morning Midnight” I smiled and fed him some hay. I brushed it and changed the shoes, being careful not to hurt him. I grabbed the saddle and adjusted it so he was comfortable; I took the reign and placed it on.

“All done” I dusted my hands and led him out with the rest of the 18 that were eating the grass outside.

Just at that moment, the boys came out.

“Where’s the King?”  I asked.

“He couldn’t come” Suho frowned “He had to go to the main marketarrow-10x10.png for something”

I nodded “Well, the horses are ready” I smiled and hopped onto Midnight as they did the same with their own.

“Let’s gooo- Ow! Hyung!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol screamed in unison, earning a whack to the head from Kris.

We all laughed “Come on, this way” I smiled and pulled out a map. 

We rode into the forest, but then I stopped when something hit me “Wait”

“What’s wrong?” Kai asked.

“I just thought, half of us are to stay here, to protect the palace. I mean, what could happen if we’re gone and the King is too? It’s like an invitation for enemies” I stated.

“She’s right” Lay muttered.

“Okay, Tao you need to stay since you and me know the best for fighting, I need Luhan with me. Kris, you stay to make sure they don’t muck around whilst we’re gone, Suho with me. I need Xiumin, Sehun, Lay and last Kai. The rest are staying. ” I chose “Are we okay with this?”

They nodded in unison. 

So here are the teams:

Stay                                                              Go

Tao                                                                Suho

Chen                                                             Kai

Kris                                                                Xiumin

Chanyeol                                                      Sehun

Baekhyun                                                     Luhan

D.O                                                                Lay                                           

“Stay safe” Kris winked and smirked.

I pretended to Gag “Yeah, we know” 

We turned away from the other half and continued on the path. 

It is now dark and I decided to set up camp.

“Guys, why don’t we stop here and rest?” I asked.

“Yeah, let’s” Lay yawned.

We tied the horses up and all spread out to find some wood.

“Sehun, Ahri, you guys stay here, we’ll go look for the wood” Xiumin proclaimed

We nodded “Arasso, just don’t take too long, okay?” I said concerned.

Xiumin chuckled “Ara, ara, no need to worry”

“Who said I was?” I mehronged.

He rolled his eyes and followed after the others. Sehun and I sat silently in the dark.

“We better make a fire” He coughed after a while. 

“Hm” I hummed. 

I grabbed two sticks and started rubbing it for friction. I rubbed it for a while, but no spark. I rubbed my hands together trying to get rid of the pain.

“Here, let me do it” Sehun said hoarsely. 

I passed it over to him as he started rubbing. He rubbed for a bit then a spark was made. I carefully blew on it, making the fire bigger. We placed it on the ground, making sure nothing was in the way and sat down, warming ourselves. A couple hours had passed, but no boys. I was getting worried.

“Where do you think they are?” I asked.

No response.

I turned myself towards Sehun to find him falling asleep sitting up, his head kept on falling. I chuckled and gently placed his head on my lap. If you were wondering, it is completely normal for us to do this, we’re siblings, right? I noticed the crease on his forehead and brushed away his bangs; I pushed up the crease with my finger as I watched Sehun relax his body. I smiled and turned my attention back to the fire. I watched it flicker around, full of life. Suddenly I heard a rustle. I placed Sehun down on the ground, placing my folded coat underneath his head. I stood up and looked around.

“Whose there?” I asked. Another rustle was heard “Come out!” I shouted. I warily walked over to the rustling bush; I picked up a stick and poked at it. I jumped back.

“Ahri where are you?” A voice said.

I turned around to find Suho standing there.

“I’m over here” I called. I turned towards them, glancing at the bush one last time before making my way towards them with Suho. 

“Are you okay? You’ve been gone for a long time” I frowned as I reached the campsite. 

“Haha, sorry, we got lost” Lay chuckled.

I rolled my eyes “Give me the wood” 

Suho placed them in my hand as I threw a couple into the fire and blew softly on it. I placed rocks around it, making a barrier.

“We’ll set up the tents” Kai smiled.

I nodded and took the fish that they had caught and put a stick right through the mouth all the way to the back, I let a bit stick out at the back so I could place it into the ground. I placed it down in front of the fire, hoping it would cook. 

Someone patted my shoulder; I turned around to find Kai “Yes?” I asked.

“Is something the matter? Since we came back, it seems there was something bothering you” He said softly and sat next to me.

“It’s, it’s nothing, don’t worry about it” I sighed.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

“Yeah” I nodded. 

At the corner of my eye, I saw Kai looking at me worried. I turned to him and gave him an assuring smile.

“Don’t worry about it Oppa, I’m completely fine. Just thinking” I smiled.

He stared at me for a moment and sighed “Okay, but if you want to talk, I’m always here” he smiled.

“Yeah, I know” I grinned.

I glanced at the fish and noticed it was cooked “Guys! Come and eat! The fish is ready!” 

They all ran over and sat down, snatching a fish each. 

“Mm! This is delicious” Xiumin said with his mouth full. 

The others agreed and continued eating silently.  After dinner we made ourselves comfortable in the tents. I looked up into the darkness; I couldn’t sleep with a lot on my mind. I looked around noticing that the boys were asleep. I silently made my way out to the fire. I sat and stared at the fire, feeling the radiating warmth. 

I continued staring at the fire with thoughts racing through my head. There were so many unanswered questions. How is L? Is he Okay? What are they planning? Is everyone okay with no King? Will they hate to see me again? How are the boys at the palace? What is that secret my Father and Mother had told me about? I’m unique, they say? What do they mean by I’m different and meant for great things? I don’t get it. I sighed loudly.

It was finally morning and I didn’t get a wink of sleep I sighed and poked my head into the tent, staring at the boys tangled with each other. I chuckled and stepped outside again. I walked to the nearby river and washed my face. I made some sandwiches and slipped into the tent to wake the boys up.

“Guys, wake up and get ready, we still have a long way to go!” I yelled.

They groaned and one by one started to wake up. Except of course, Kai. I sighed and shooed the rest outside.

“Kai, Kai Oppa! Wake up! “I shook him.

He didn’t budge.

I groaned in frustration and walked out the tent, I was too tired to deal with him. 

I walked up to Suho “Suho Oppa~ Can you wake up Kai for me?” I did my famous puppy face; no one can resist me (Muahahaha…. =_=’)

He hesitated “Ugh, fine” He slumped back into the tent and attempted to wake the sleepy head up as I smiled happily.

Once Mr Lazy was done, we put out the fire and set off on the trail. We were trotting through the thick forests when we heard a gunshot, and according to the sound, it was nearby.

“Guys, what was that?” Sehun asked.

“A gunshot” I answered.

“D-Do you think they’re after us?” Xiumin raised a brow.

“Not sure” I replied and rode Midnight on top of the boulder. I looked into the distance, another gunshot was heard and birds were sent flying “The Gunshot came from our previous camp, looks like they’re looking for us, we better run” My eyes widened.

“Hurry!” I yelled and Midnight started running. I looked behind to make sure everyone was still there.  I turned back again to the front after counting heads, just to be stopped.

“We meet again, Ahri”

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------

Please don't kill me yet TT^TT IF U DO. I CAN'T WRITE THE STORY, I SWEAR. HAVE MERCY ON MAH SOUL!!!!