Chapter 7: part 2

Dreaming of Forever

I stared at him, tears streaming down my face. The crowd was silent, and his face looked so hopeful. His eyes were so full of love and adoration that I knew I loved him, and there was only one answer for me.

            With a small sob escaping my throat, I wipe the tears from my face hastily and say, “Of course! I’m surprised you haven’t started planning already!” I laugh nervously and smile tentively. Jonghyun stands up with a huge grin on his face, wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me so passionately that I thought I would have fainted had he not been holding me. He hugs me tightly, spinning me around while the crowd cheers at the exciting news. Putting me down slowly and reopening the small black velvet box, Jonghyun takes my left hand and slides the ring on my left finger.

            “The two strands of silver represent us. How we got intertwined to form one thing that is big and shiny and sparkles. Something for the whole world to see.” Jonghyun says softly, taking my face in his hands and kissing me softly on the forehead as the lights fade out, and the concert ends.

            My new fiancée helps me back into the ring of carnations, and the floor begins to sink beneath us, bringing us under the stage, where we were surrounded by workers, the rest of the members of SHINee and D.O., Chen and Baekhyun.

            “Congratulations guys!” D.O. says, clapping Jonghyun on the shoulder.

            “Congrats.” Key says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

            With everyone giving us their congratulations, the nine of us slowly made our way back to SHINee’s dressing room.

            “For a split second, I was afraid you weren’t going to do it.” Onew says, smirking. “You’ve got balls doing that during a concert. I can’t believe our manager actually agreed to that.”

            “Me either. How long have you been planning this?” I say, looking at Jonghyun.

            “It’s kind of hard to say. For the past two months, I’ve been trying to figure out when and where I would do it, but then we were told that we had a concert here in Seoul just last month, and I thought that this would be the perfect place, especially since it was on our anniversary. All that was left was the who, the how and the when during the concert. I wanted music to it, and I thought it would have been a little cliché to have Key and them sing, so I thought of EXO and said ‘why not’? Miracles in December was perfect considering it was a soft song, and your favorite by them, so I asked D.O., Chen and Baek if they would perform or us.”

            “Wait, so you knew about everything?” I look at the three who were sitting at a table across the room.

            “Why wouldn’t we?” D.O. said. “I wanted full details of everything.” He smiles.

            “I really wanted to sing something else, like MAMA just to make you guys uncomfortable, but the DJ wouldn’t let me give him any other music. He said that Bling told him to never accept anything from me.” Chen said, pouting a little.

            “I like your face.” Baekhyun says adoringly, and Taemin slaps him upside the head. “Back off dude she’s getting married.”

“So?” Baekhyun retorts, hitting Taemin in the back of the head also. They start to hit each other unrelentingly. Minho stands up and walks over to them, putting his hands on either of their faces and shoving them away roughly. “Knock it off you two. We all know you’re both equally ugly, so there’s no reason to fight over whose prettier.” He sits back down in the recliner and relaxes. “Jonghyun.” He says, and doesn’t continue until he makes sure that he has Jonghyun’s full attention. “You treat her nicely. She’s a good girl, and if Kat ever comes to us crying, or even the slightest bit sad for whatever reason, I will personally ring out your neck with my own two hands for either treating her badly, or not comforting her. Do you understand?” Minho leans back and closes his eyes, waiting for an answer.

The whole room is silent, and Jonghyun, who looks a little shocked at what his friend had just said, responds with, “understood.” Then Key bursts out laughing, and everyone follows suit.

“I’m actually glad that you’re getting married to a girl. You were getting so close to Key before Kat showed up that I thought it was going to be you two getting married instead.” Minho says, and Key flushes red.

“Careful,” D.O. says, “you look as if you two actually had something going on.”

Key turns an even brighter red.

“Or still do.” Chen smiles mischievously.

“Guys, stop teasing. He’s getting married. Just be happy for them!” Onew says, smiling widely.

“I love your face.” Baekhyun says to me again adoringly, and Taemin sighs while I giggle at the compliment, my cheeks brightening a little.

“Back off.” Jonghyun says stonily.

Baekhyun just smiles and stares at me naively. Jonghyun starts to get up to go bully Baekhyun, but I pull him back down. “Sit.” I command, staring at him disapprovingly.

“Already wife material.” Jonghyun chuckles softly. He kisses me on the forehead. “We should celebrate!” He announces. D.O. snorts. “Where?”

“Namsan Tower?” I request. “I’ve never been there before.”

They all stare at me, and D.O. shakes his head. “How could you have never been there? Haven’t you lived here all your life?”

I smile slyly. “There’s one thing I haven’t told you.” I say, looking at Jonghyun. “You know how my parents owned that restaurant and karate business?”

He nods. “Yeah.”

“Well those two businesses were really popular in America. If I was to be the owner of them, my parents had to make sure that I knew English, so I went and lived in America during middle school and high school until I was fluent to keep a good business going all over. The only reason I came back was because I had just graduated high school when my mother passed away. So when I was at the age to actually go to Namsan Tower, I was in a different country. The only reason I didn’t go there when I had come back was because I was too busy with my father’s business to actually have some time to do so. I was only able to see your concert in Tokyo because I had recently sold my father’s company and had just settled down in my apartment.”

“Oh,” he blinks a few times raising his eyebrows in surprise. “That’s amazing! What’s it like there? Where did you go?”

            “California. It’s hot, and everyone is annoying and stupid. I don’t recommend going there, unless I want my future husband to become a man . It’s like the only piece of clothing that’s sold there is either no clothes at all or bikinis. It’s not right to be so in front of so many people.”

            “Let’s go celebrate in California.” Taemin says.

            “I agree.” Chen smiles.

            “You two are erted.” Key says.

            “I second that.” D.O. says.

            “Can I see you in a bikini?” Baekhyun asks me, his eyes filled with excitement and hope.

            “Alright, time to leave.” Taemin grabs Baek by the ear and drags him out of the room; he shuts the door behind him while I could still hear Baek yelling “Ow!” down the hallways and Taemin led him away.

            Jonghyun rolls his eyes and shakes his head, wrapping his arm around my waist. “He doesn’t understand does he? Only I can see Kat in a bikini.”

            I snort. “I don’t know why you’re behind so protective. We haven’t been anywhere that would require me to where anything less than a tank top and shorts.”

            “Wait,” Chen says, smiling and tilting his head to the side. He looks at us incredulously. “You haven’t even seen your girlfriend in a bathing suit?”

            “Uh, I respect my privacy.” I say looking at him.

            “I do also.” Jonghyun says shrugging.

            “So does that mean you haven’t…?” Chen trails off.

            Jonghyun shakes his head. “No! We aren’t even married yet.”

            “Well,” Chen takes a deep breath, “I guess that makes sense.”

            I roll my eyes. “I don’t really feel like celebrating much. I’m actually kind of tired; I did a lot today.” I walk over to where D.O. and Chen were sitting at the table and pick up a box of desserts bringing it back over to Jonghyun.

            “Help yourself.” I say. “I made these for all of you guys.” I open it to reveal a small variety of everything I had made and hand the box to my fiancée. “Do you guys have anything else on your schedule?” I look around at everyone, and they nod.

            “We have an interview on a radio station in about an hour.” Jonghyun says, grabbing my hand and pulling me down onto the couch with him.  “Will you come with me?”

            I touch his face with my hand. “I would love to, but I’m really tired. I’m going to go home and get some rest OK?”

            Jonghyun nods reluctantly, and I give him a quick kiss. “I’ll see you at home OK? Don’t be afraid to wake me because I look like an angel alright? I want to see you as soon as you guys get back.”

            He chuckles lightly, and agrees. “Alright.”

 I smile at him. “Bye.”

            “Bye.” And with that, I leave the room, but almost as soon as I close the door behind me and start to head to the exit, Chen comes out. He walks over to me with a smirk on his face. “If you ever need me for anything,” he says handing me a piece of paper, “call me.” I reach out and take the paper from him smiling slightly, and he pulls me into a hug.

            “Congrats.” He whispers to me.

            “Thank you.” I say back. He lets go of me and heads back in to hang out with the boys, and I leave through the exit back home.

 

~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Here''s the second part the marriage proposal! I know its a little like Whoa! BAM! and they're engaged, but I needed to speed the story up a little bit. I promise there is a reason to why Chen gave Kat his number! He wasn't flirting with her I PROMISE. Keep in mind that he is the troll king! I will be using him to piss Jonghyun off, which will stimulate a HUGE surprise bomb in the next 2 or 3 chapters! You'll love it!

Dont forget to upvote and subscribe to my story! Its nice to let an author-even a not very good one *cough* me *cough*- know that they have readers out there. Thanks for the 200 reas so far! Feel free to comment on what you want to happen, what you think to happen, and who you want to show up in the story and I will try to make it happen! thanks guys! I LOVE YOU ALL