Chapter 6

Dreaming of Forever

As we walked in, the design of the dorm was amazing. The doorway led to a large room that was the foyer. It continued on into a hallway, but to the left were two doors. Key’s room that Jonghyun had mentioned and another room that was Onew’s. Continuing down the hallway, to the left was an archway that led into the kitchen and dining room which was connected to the living room. Next to the archway was another one but led into the living room instead. Across the hallway was three doors space apart, the first one across the hall from the kitchen, Minho’s room. The second one across the hall from the living room was Taemin’s, and the last one at the very end of the hallway was Jonghyun’s room, which was slightly separated from everything. The place smelled like warm sugar cookies; not at all like a place that housed five boys.

            Jonghyun held the door for me as I walked in, and then shut it as he walked in behind me. I took my shoes off and stepped into the foyer from the doorway.

            “Bling?” I heard Minho yell from down the hallway.

            “Yeah!” He yells back. “Be nice. And appropriate to! I brought someone!”

            “Who’d you bring?” Taemin yells. I hear scrambling, then, out of the doorway leading to the living room, Taemin appears. He smiles as soon as he sees me.

            “Oh! It’s you!” He says, and then walks back into the living room to announce to the rest of the members who their guest was. “It’s Jonghyun’s girlfriend from the concert.”

            “Oh.”

            “Really?”

            “Which one?”

            We walk into the living room, and Onew looks at me, recognition sparking in his eyes. “Ohhh. That one.”

            Jonghyun makes a face at him.

            “Sorry Bling Bling, but we have a lot of concerts. Nice to see you again.” Onew says, addressing me.

            I bow to all of them. “It’s nice to see you also.” I say quietly, still a little shy at the fact that I was with famous people; extremely handsome ones too.

            Key laughs. “She’s so shy! That’s so unlike you Jonghyun.”

            I blush a little.

            Jonghyun scoffs at them. “Yah! I thought I told you to be nice!” he grabs my hand and pulls me towards his room.

            “Keep your eyes open, and never let your guard down if you’re going in his room!” Minho calls after us.

            Jonghyun sighs. “Ignore him.” I nod.

            We walk into Jonghyun’s room and the first thing I see is a bed. A large, king sized bed with a black bedspread and white pillows at the head of the room. On the far side of the wall across from me were three large windows with willowy white curtains; two rectangular ones in either end, and a large rectangular one with a semi circular top in the center. On the far wall to my left were two doors. One to a closet and the other to a bathroom. On the wall with the door were a black dresser and a flat screen hanging above. I walk in trailing after him, seating myself on his bed. He shuts the door quietly behind us.

            If you could give me a minute, I’m going to change my clothes OK? Feel free to turn on the TV, or venture into the unknown world of my dorm.” He says to me, smiling. I nod, returning it. He walks over to me, kisses me on the forehead, the heads into the closet, shutting the door. I stand up and walk out of the room, back down the hallway, and into the living room where everyone else was seated. I walk around the couch, seating myself next to Key, and tuck my legs in.

He turns to me. “So you and Jonghyun.” He smirks.

I blush and nod.

“Ah! You’re so cute! Why did you choose him? Why not me? Am I not pretty enough?” He looks at me with wide eyes and bats his eyelashes, pouting.

I smile and laugh at him, and smiles back.

“Key, stop flirting with someone else’s girlfriend.”  Minho says, smiling.

“How did you know that we were…?” I say, trailing off.

All four boys look at me wide-eyed.

“Wait-“

“You’re actually-“

“We were just teasing-“

“I was NOT expecting this.”

“That was fast.”

“Have you met before the concert?”

“Where?”

“How long have you known each other?”

“Can you guys stop harassing my girlfriend?” He walks over to me and Key. “Key, scoot over please.”

He does, making room on the crowded couch. Jonghyun wraps his arm around my shoulders, and I lean into him, resting my head on his chest. He smiles. “I could get used to this.”

 

ONE YEAR LATER

 

I slowly wake up to a very dim light coming through the sheer curtains that hung on Jonghyun’s window, and look at the clock.

4:27

            I sighed. They had to leave in an hour. I need to get up and make them breakfast. I flip over and give Jonghyun a kiss before quietly tip toeing out of the room. I walk into the kitchen and begin preparing a meal for all of the sleeping boys.

It’s almost been a year since we had started dating, and tomorrow was our one year anniversary. I still remembered everything. Where the concert was, getting kidnapped by his fans, our first date, and even coming to his dorm for the first time. I had moved in a few months later, at Jonghyun’s request of ‘wanting my face to be the first thing I see after I finish working, or coming home from a long trip’. Of course, the manager always lets me attend those because according to him, the first time Jonghyun had gone on a trip to China without me, he had gotten so lonely and depressed that he almost didn’t perform on the talk show they had made a commitment to. I never showed my face in public around him though. Our relationship was a secret to everyone except a few special workers, SHINee’s manager, and SHINee themselves. Jonghyun didn’t want to risk me getting kidnapped again. He wanted it special and secret, so that’s how it was. I was a little depressed that I couldn’t boast about my relationship to my family, but it was for a good cause.

Slowly, everyone joined me in the kitchen and dining room for breakfast, starting with Jonghyun who kissed me good morning, Key, who sat at the table and fell asleep again, Taemin, Minho and then Onew.

After, as I cleaned up after everyone who went to get ready for the day and their schedule, Jonghyun stayed behind to tell me his.

“Kat,” he says, sitting at the bar facing me, “I have bad news.” He says slowly.

“Lay it on me.” I say, keeping my face neutral as I collect all of the trash.

“It’s about tomorrow. I didn’t want you to be mad or depressed or anything so I made sure to keep it a secret from you, but we have a concert tomorrow right here in Seoul, and I know it’s our one-year anniversary, but I can’t miss my own concert and I’m really sorry and I promise I’ll make it up to you!” He says, really fast.

“I understand.” I say, nodding at him. “You made a commitment a few years ago, and you need to stick to that. You have fans to please. One concert is not going to stop me from spending time with you. We have all the time in the world but your concert doesn’t. We’ll have other anniversaries. It’s all right.” I take my hand out of the soapy water from the dishes and flick some on him. “Now go get ready,” I smile at him, “or your manager will hate me forever for making you late for your schedule.”

He gets up and gives me a quick kiss. “You know I love you right?”

I smile at him. “Yeah, I love you too. Now go. You have less than an hour left to get ready before you have to leave.”

“OK. And I will make it up to you. I know this kind of stuff is important to girls.”

I laugh a little. “Don’t worry about it.”
 

ONE DAY LATER

            I get up at 4:30 again to make the boys breakfast, but find that they are already up and gone. I walk into the kitchen in my PJs and skulk around for a little bit at not being able to say goodbye to Jonghyun, then find a note taped to the fridge. The handwriting I instantly recognized as Jonghyun’s because of the loopy letters. It read:

Good morning love. I’m sorry I didn’t wake you to say goodbye,

but you looked like an angel asleep, so I didn’t. I decided that

since it’s our anniversary, I want you at this concert like usual

but this time, I’m going to make is special. Make sure you’re here

in my dressing room by 6 O’clock tonight because some stylists are

going to come in and get you ready, my treat. J See you soon.

I love you.

Love, Jonghyun.

            I smile at his letter, and then look at the clock.

            5:17 A.M.

            I decided that since I had a few hours, I would clean the apartment so that way it would be nice for Jonghyun when we all returned home. By the time I was finished, the clock read:

            2:12 P.M.

            So I baked some sweets for them for when they went back into their dressing room. I made chocolate covered strawberries, mini red velvet cupcakes, white chocolate covered pretzel sticks, frosting covered brownies and cake pops. Then the clock read:

            4:37 P.M.

            I took extra care in taking a shower, and packing all of the little treats and loading them, and then left for the concert. I arrived at the dressing room 10 minutes early, with all of the treats expecting the boys to be there getting their final preparations done, but was invited in by ‘my’ stylist team.

            They prepped me with everything they could think of. My make-up, hair, clothes, eyebrows, legs, arms, hands, feet. I wore a beautiful lacey dress that fell just above my knees.

            One of my stylists, a blonde girl who was a little chubby responded to me, “Jonghyun told us to make sure that you wore that because he said that it had the same exact pattern as the shirt that you wore on your guy’s first date. Isn’t that lovely? I think that’s adorable that he remembered that.” I blush and smile at the memory, and at the fact that he actually remembered what I had worn. I remembered that he wore black pants with a white button down shirt that had a black cross imprinted on the front. For the make-up, they made my face look like it was glowing, but also made it look like I wasn’t wearing anything at all. I had a light shimmer on my eyes also. They shaped my eyebrows, and lotioned my arms and legs so that way I smelled good and everything looked to perfection. For the hair, they did a slightly wavy hairstyle.

            The same stylist spoke up again, “Jonghyun also said to make sure your hairstyle was like this because this was how you wore it when you two first met. He is the perfect boyfriend!”

            I laugh at this.

            As they put the finishing touches on me, it was just about 7, when the concert started. I was shown to my (reserved) seat in the front row again by a security guard just as it began. In the beginning, it was exactly the same as the concert that we had met at, but as we reached and finished Love Pain, the routines of the concert became unfamiliar to me. They sang all kinds of songs from their first album, up to their most recent. I noticed they only sang the songs that had either made the charts, or had been extremely popular. All throughout the song, they had gone through wardrobe changes.

             I loved it.

            I watched Jonghyun the whole time. He was the only one I had eyes for, and I guess the same was with me. Every time I looked at him, his eyes were on me, and I felt like I was the only one he was singing to, and it was great.

            After they finished their last song with Dream Girl, they made an odd request.

“We would like to thank you so much for coming out tonight and taking your time to see us.” Minho says, and they all bow.

“But we have a request for you guys. We would like to ask you if you could be patient with us for about 5 minutes while we work a special finale out for all of you.” Jonghyun says.

            The crowd cheers which means ‘yes’, and they exit the stage while the lights fade out into darkness. Just then, a few security guards come up to me.

            “Katerina?” They ask.

            “That’s me.” I say, a little bit wary.

            “We would like to ask you to come with us. You’re needed backstage.” I nod, curious as to why I would ever be needed back stage. I hurried after them to see the manager fretting about something.

            “Ah! Kat! Thank goodness you’re here!” She says. “We are having a problem with one of the stage lifts, and we need you to stand on it for us. Everyone else is busy and you’re the only person left to be able to do it. The mechanics are trying to fix it. The stagecraft people are trying to get the stage ready for the finale. The stylists are getting the boys ready, and the guards are busy….guarding! Please help me!” She begs.

            “Don’t worry! I’ll help you with whatever you need.”

            “Oh my gosh thank you so much! Follow me.” She leads me over to a stage lift somewhere under the stage that would normally lift the idols up through the ground. “OK, just stand right here in the center. Lift it up!”She yells to someone. I hear a small screeching sound, and then a voice yells back: “It needs more weight!”

A worker comes over to the manager. “We could put some props on it, but all we have available right now are those tons of flowers in the back.”

“I don’t care! Put all of them on if it means fixing it!” The worker runs backstage to go pick up the flowers.

“What happened anyways?” I ask.

“Oh the stage popped out of place somehow, and the only way to get it working again is by popping it back into place.”

“Well if I go up, won’t I be seen by the crowd?”

“No. We had the lights turned off, so no one will see a thing.”

The worker comes back with a few other workers, all carrying giant baskets of white carnations. “This is all of them.” He says, breathlessly.

“Load ‘em on!” She says, swinging her arm in my direction.

The workers start to load all of the flower baskets around me in a circle. “Why didn’t you just try this in the first place?” I ask.

“We needed another 100 pounds to add to the flowers.” The manager says. I nod. “OK!” she yells, and the stage lift makes a shuttering sound before a loud pop sounds, and it lifts me and the flowers into the stage that was now surrounded with bright white lights.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Hey guys! I hope you don't mind my skipping time i the story! I didn't know how to make a year pass by without doing that and it takes a year for things to get really interesting! Bear with me here and I promise you will be rewarded within the next few chapters to the story! They are going to be ridiculously interesting! Especially after this concert! I PROMISE!! thanks! ~^^