Chapter 16

Dreaming of Forever

March 30th, 2014

Kat’s POV

 

“Chen?” I whisper as I quietly sat up in my bed. I had awoken that morning to a light snore, wondering what it was, then remembered him staying the night. I looked over at the sleeping man who was curled up next to me on the bed, his arms previously wrapped around me all night. I blush at the thought and jump out of bed, scurrying out of the room and into the kitchen to start making breakfast.

A few minutes later, while I was standing at the stove, I hear a dragging sound and see Chen slowly making his way to the bar chairs, his eyes still closed. I stare at him; at the lips that curl at the end; the lips that seem like they are always in a smile or about to; the lips that had kissed my forehead last night. I blush brightly and look away before he had the chance to open his eyes and look at me.

“So,” I say lightly, “have you ever had pancakes before?”

“Pancakes?” He mumbles.

“Hotcakes.” I clarify.

“M-m.” He shakes his head slowly and lays it on the counter. I becomes quiet again accept for the frying in the pan.

“Chen.” I begin, and turn to look at him only to realize that he had fallen back asleep. I smile slightly and go to the fridge to get an ice cube, and shove it down the back of Chen’s shirt. He jumps up with a look up surprise and starts shaking his body to get it out while making weird sounds with his mouth. I laugh at him being ridiculous. Finally, he catches the ice cube and looks at me with contempt.

“Aish.” He says walking over to me. Not knowing what he was going to do, he grabs me from my waist and pulls me towards him, catching me with his muscular chest. I look up to see him staring at me, and heat begins to creep up into my face. I stay perfectly still as he leans down and whispers in my ear, “payback.”

And then I feel something cold and wet slide down the back of my shirt and I screech in surprise and I attempt to get the ice cube out. Finally, I catch it in my hand and throw it down the sink before we could do anything with it and throw my hands up in the air. “Truce!”

He looks at me, nods, and then turns back towards the bar. “Smart choice.”

I smile and shake my head, then run over to the stove to flip a now burnt pancake.

“Chen.” I repeat.

“Hm?”

“Thanks for staying with me last night.” I sigh. “It really meant a lot to me for you to be here. It was really scary finding out about this stuff. You’re kind of my only friend at the moment, and the only one willing to listen, so… thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” he says, smiling at me. “When did you find out, though, that you were… were…”

“Right before I called you.” I say, saving him from having to stay that word that probably made him the most uncomfortable person in the world, knowing Jonghyun and I had to do something to achieve that status.

“Wow. That was soon. I’m assuming I was the first one called?”

“You’re the only one notified. I almost called Jonghyun, and then remembered that we weren’t together anymore…”

He nods.

“Chen,” I say looking at him as I serve him his breakfast. “Can I ask you something?”

He looks at me questioningly.

“Will you…” I stare at the counter uneasily, then take a deep breath, gathering all of my courage.

“Will you help me raise the child? It’s going to be a big thing for me, and since it’s my first child, and I won’t have help from Jonghyun, it’s going to be extremely hard. I need someone for my child to look up to. A father figure. Will you help me?” I say all of this in one breath, really fast, nervous for his answer.

Slowly, he smiles; a large smile that seems to take up all of his face. “Of course. I would love to. The only question is, how would I explain my absences to the rest of my group, and from everyone else?”

I sigh in relief, and then quickly lose all of it. How would we keep this kind of secret from everyone?

“I adopted!” I say, pointing at him. “We can say that I adopted him because I wanted kids and if anyone asks why he looks like Jonghyun, I can blow it off as a coincidence.”

“That’s an amazing idea! I would have never thought of that…”

“Well it works now! People know that you and I are friends, and we can tell them the truth that I had asked you to help me raise him because I wanted a father figure for the child. I wouldn’t think that would be a big deal would it?” I say.

“Well, no, I don’t think so. Of course, I wouldn’t be around a lot, but it’s better than nothing right?”

“Of course! Thank you so much for this!” I say grabbing his hand. “This means so much to me! I have no idea how to thank you!”

“Hold on. This isn’t going to hurt me career, but what about you? How are you going to take care of him?”

“I have rainy day money.” I say waving a hand in front of my face. “There’s no need to worry. I have plenty. As for my career, it’s not like it was going to go where anyways. I don’t mind.” I shrug.

He stares at me, then smiles, taking a bite of his pancakes. “You’re lying. Not bad, but you are.”

I stare at him, confused. “OK, it’s a little disappointing, but it isn’t a huge deal for me. This kid is bigger than that. If I seriously wanted to, I can go back after. I should head in tomorrow and cancel everything with Manager Do. He’s going to be upset, as will the president of SM.” I sigh.

“why would the president be upset?”

“The president asked me himself to join SM.”

“Ahh.” He nods understandingly.

“Mhm.”

“He’s going to be pretty disappointed. Did you know how many views you got on YouTube on that song you sang with Jonghyun?”

I shake my head.

“Three million.”

My mouth falls open and my eyes bulge at him. “Three million?”

He nods. “Do you know how many you got on YouTube on the song you sang with Hyorin?”

“Five million.”

I grip the counter to keep from falling over. “Why didn’t anyone tell me this?” I whisper.

“I have no idea. I only found this out a few days ago also.” Chen continues to eat.

“Oh my god. If manager Do knows this, he’s going to be pissed that I’m quitting.” I shake my head.

“You’re still going through with it?”

“Of course! Family before anything.” I raise my head.

He chuckles and shakes his head. “You’re so stubborn.”

“It’s a girl thing.” I turn away from him to start dishes.

He snorts. “No kidding.”

“So,” I start, but he finishes my sentence.

“Do you want to go for a walk with me later today?” He gets up and starts to gather dishes with me.

I smile. “I would love to. Of course, after work.”

“Sunday. No schedule.”

I look at him. “Seriously? What about the rest of EXO?”

He waves it off. “They’ll be fine.”

“Won’t they wonder where you are?”

“Yeah. Doesn’t mean I’m going to tell them.”

I shrug. “OK. Whatever you say.”

“And then you can repay me by letting me take you out tonight.” He says simply, and I stand frozen.

“How is that repaying you?” I say, fully aware that he was asking me out.

“You say yes, and let me enjoy your company.” He waves a finger in front of my face.

“Uh… I…” I hesitate.

“Good. I’m going to leave and get dressed at my dorm then come back over and we can go for a walk. Then I’m going to leave again and change for dinner. I’ll be here at 7 O’clock sharp. OK?” He kisses me on the cheek real fast then runs out of the apartment, while I stood frozen in the middle of the kitchen, shocked at what had just happened. Shaking myself out of it, I continued doing what I was doing. This is normal right? Of course girls would have guys coming after them if they are single. While I washed the dishes, I thought about last night. He had told me he loved me. I thought about the warm feeling I got after he said that. Did I love him back? Or was I just feeling gratitude or happy that he said that? I didn’t know. I just needed to get ready for our walk, and then dinner.

A few hours later, around noon, Chen comes back, dressed in a blue shirt, the first couple of buttons undone, revealing the top of his chest, and blue, white washed jeans, his hair brushed stylishly to the side.

To put it simply, he looked hot.

No, y.

I myself was dressed in a blue jean jumper, the top edged with flower patterned lace, and the entire top half of the back made out of the same thing. My long hair was brushed up into a high pony, the ends curled into a cute corkscrew curl. I smiled as I opened the door to see him standing on the other side, holding an arm out for me. I take it gratefully, and he leads me outside. We wander around Seoul for a couple of hours, talking about everything. I ask him about dinner, and he says it is a surprise, and offers no more. As he walks me through our building, and back up to my home, I say, “You really are going to make me wait aren’t you?”

“Of course.” He smiles cheekily, the corners of his mouth curving into a gorgeous smile.

“Che.” I tsk him as he opens the door for me, and lets me in.

“What should I wear at least?” I ask grabbing the door handle, getting ready to shut the door.

He thinks for a minute, leaning against the door frame, and then smiles slightly, giving me an extremely hot side-look. “Something classy.”

I roll my eyes and look at the clock.

3:34 PM.

“OK, now leave. I have stuff to do.” I begin to shut the door but he holds it open with his arm. Peaking inside, he looks at the clock.

“It’s only 3:30.” He looks at me again.

I give him a dole stare. “I am a girl. Girls take forever to get ready.” He smiles at this and removes his arm from the door.

“Thank you.” I say, finally shutting the door.

“7 sharp!” He yells through the door just before it closes.

 

~~~~~

Hey guys!  Ok, so im planning on finishing the story this week. HOPEFULLY. Be excited! Thanks for all of the subscribers, subbies, upvotes, and comments! You guys have really helped encourage me to write the story and finish it out! Thanks a bunch :)