Chapter 1

Dreaming of Forever

As I sat on the bench reading a newspaper next to the bus stop, waiting for it to pick me up and take me to SHINee's next concert in Tokyo, I listened to the sound of traffic and the chatter of the night life, and pulled my floor length pea coat closer around me. 

 
I sighed. I wonder what my friends are doing right now, I thought, then laughed at myself. Who was I kidding? I had acquaintances. Not friends. I checked the clock-- 6:42 P.M. -- and stood up.
 
"I'm going to have to walk there if I want to make it to the concert on time...” I said to myself. Just then, I heard a clatter and loud, muffled yelling in the alley next to the small convenience store behind me, and a man with a shock of blonde hair came stumbling out.
 
"Catch him...!" I heard yelled by a female voice a little ways back.
 
"He went this way..!"                            
 
"No stupid it was this way..!"
 
"Split up!"
 
I quickly came to a conclusion that this man was probably being followed by a posse of fans, grab his hand and pull him back over to the bench.
 
"Wha--?!" He starts, and I shush him, not quite looking at his face, but watching the alley... "Go with whatever is about to happen ok?" I take off my coat and wrap him in it, while grabbing the newspaper off of the bench.
 
"Uh..." he says just as a large group of girls start to pour out of the alley. I swing his back towards the alley and pull him to me and wrap my arms around his neck, taking the chance to hide the back of his head with the news paper in my hand, and kiss him as passionately as I could in such a last minute decision, and hope that my acting--and his cooperation, because he kissed me right back-- fooled the girls.
 
Luckily, it worked.
 
I heard one snort, and a clatter of feet run off in the distance.
 
"Get a room!" One yelled.
 
I heard a small voice, probably belonging to a girl no more than eight start to ask me a question, "Have you by chance, uh, seen-" I abruptly cut her off with a small wave of my free hand that was still wrapped around the man's neck, as we continued to kiss, and the girl ran off in the opposite direction, following the rest of the group. When I was sure that his followers were gone, I reluctantly released the man from my embrace --he was a really good kisser-- and looked in the face, slightly embarrassed.
 
And gasped.
 
Because the slightly smug, slightly embarrassed man that I so rudely treated--in public too--and kissed turned out to be none other than Kim Jonghyun from SHINee.
~~^***^~~

I stare at him, too embarrassed to say anything. I wrung my hands, and looked at the ground, then looked at him, who was looking at the ground, then looked back at the ground.

I broke the silence first.

"look... uh... I'm... uh... truly sorry for the way I just acted... it was extremely inappropriate... and... well... your an idol so.... if anyone saw, I would have caused you a bunch of crap just now... and... uh..." I snuck a look at him, and was a little startled to see him grinning, showing off very straight, white teeth. I furrowed my brow and made a face. "Are you having a good time?" I pursed my lips at him.

"Well... this is very interesting, and a first."

"Che.." I roll my eyes. "No kidding. How do you think I feel? I just kissed a random stranger, and a kpop idol at that..." my voice fades out and I check the time.

6:54

"Oh crap!" I yell. "You have a concert RIGHT NOW!" Jonghyun stares at me, his eyes widening, then starts to break into a run in the direction the fans had gone, then skips to a stop.

"Wait! Whats your name? I want to give you a proper thanks for saving me back there."

"Katerina Hatori. Now go!" I said, shooing him off.

"OK. Go to my concert tonight, and tell the guards at the front gate that I told you to go there!" And with that, he was off. I admired his back as he ran off, realizing that he must exercise alot because his muscles showed thorugh his shirt, and then, shaking myself, started to walk quickly in the direction of the impending concert, and Jonghyun.

~~<***>~~

As I reach the gate, I could hear Key belting out the notes to "Symptoms" inside the arena. I walked up to the guards at the door, and hand them my ticket as I walk through the metal detector and security. After going through this process, I turned to the guard at the door, and said: " Uh, sir."

The burly man looked at me for a second, then turned back to his duties of taking the fan's tickets, and checking off names to V.I.P. guests. "What?" He grunts.

"Uh... Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun told me to tell you my name.." I say slowly.

He looks at me again, his black eyes scanning me uncomfortably. After a minute, he turns to his list and and flips through it for a second before finding the page that he wanted. "What is it?"

'K-Katerina Hatori."

He searches through the list for a second before checking off a name, which i assumed was mine, and walks over to the ticket booth. He talks with the man there for a second, before he gets handed something and walks back over to me.

"This," he says motioning to a pass in his hand, "is a backstage pass. It is also a pass that allows you a ground seat, and looking at the number and row, this says you are A3R, so the first row, seat 3 to the right. Whfen you walk in, ask one of the stage volunteers to help you find your seat. They will be just in th inside of that door over there, see? And after the concert, just look for one to direct you backstage, ok?"

I nod, holding my hand out for the pass, but the guard puts it on my neck instead, muttering to himself, "You are one lucky freaking girl...how the hell did you meet Jonghyun?" He stares at me for a second, not really expecting an answer, and I, not really willing on giving one. Then, with a shake of his head, walks back to his place, accepting more tickets from people here to see SHINee. I smile, looking at the pass. I thought about what this meant--me getting to see Jonghyun again-- and my face flamed with heat. I quickly walked through the door the guard had showed me, and asked one of the attendants to show me to my seat, eager not to miss anymore of the concert.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeonghaseo! Here is the first chapter to "Dreaming of Forever". I hope you guys liked it! I'm trying really hard to get as many chapters out of this story as possible, and I hope you have a good time imagining yourself as the main character mmk? Mmk! ddo bwayo! :) <33 ~~^^ P.S. dont forget to subscribe fore updates on more chapters! feel free to comment below your thoughts on this chapter!