Chapter 15 part 2

Dreaming of Forever

Kat’s POV

“Hello?”

“Chen.” I sigh in relief.

“Kat? Are you OK?” He asks, sounding worried.

“I-“ I hesitate. “I need to talk to you.”

“Why? What’s going on?”

“I just… it’s important. Are you busy?”

“…yeah. Dance practice. Is it all right if I come by after?”

“Please.” My shoulders sag in relief. “Just text me when you are on your way over so I can tell you my address.”

“OK. It will be a few hours though.”

“That’s fine. I just need to see you right now.”

“OK. I’m hanging up now. I will see you later.”

I nod. “Mm. Bye.”

~~~<***>~~~

Chen’s POV

As soon as I knocked on the door, it was answered almost immediately. I was worried. Kat had sounded so scared on the phone I didn’t know whether to skip dance practice and run to her or if she wanted me to stay and wait until I had time.

As the door squeaked open, Kat appeared on the other side looking like she hadn’t slept in days. I opens it wider to allow me to pass through, and I quickly walk in.

“Kat!” I say, taking off my shoes quickly, but respectively. “What happened to you? Are you OK?” I hold her face in my hands, turning her head side to side and staring at her.

She sighs and slowly takes my hands off her face. “Do you want something?” She asks, leading me through the small entryway and to the left down the spiral staircase that took us into the living room which connected to the kitchen. We pass the couch and I sit down, pulling her down next to me.

She looks at me surprised. “Chen-“

“I’m fine, but you obviously are not. Tell me what is going on! Where is everybody? Why do you look like you haven’t slept in forever?” I rampage over her with questions, and she looks at her hands in her lap.

I take a deep breath. “Let’s start from the beginning.”

She hesitates, then looks up. “Jonghyun and I broke up.”

I stare at her, my mouth open. “But… you two were supposed to get married. What happened?”

“I can’t tell you. All I can tell you is he left me something.”

“What’s that?”

It gets so silent for so long, I was afraid that she wasn’t going to answer me, until she opens .

“A child.”

I sat there in stunned silence. This could be my chance to finally say something to her. Maybe it could help cheer her up. It would definitely surprise her.

“That stupid son of a-“

“I know.” She says quietly. “I need your help. I want the baby to be a secret. So far, no one but you and I know. Let’s keep it that way alright? Jonghyun cannot find out about him. OK? Please do not tell anyone.”

I look at her suspiciously. “Why don’t you want Jonghyun to know?”

“I don’t want him to come searching for me. I’m going to move soon after the baby is born. Under the radar, so he doesn’t know about that also. I want to live my life without him.”

Maybe if she knew…

No one is going to marry me if I already have child.”

I would.

“So there’s no point in searching.”

Search for me! I wanted to scream.

 I am going to dedicate my life to watching my son grow up.” I smiles at her stomach and rubs it.

“How do you know it’s a boy?” I say calmly; quietly.

She looks up at me, still smiling slightly. “Mother’s intuition.”

 

Later that night, Kat laid in her bed, half asleep, and I sat at the foot of it.

“So,” I say looking over at her. “This is your apartment, right?”

“Mm.” She nods sleepily.

I take a look at her one more time and stand up. Walking over to her and giving her a kiss in the forehead, I say, “I’m going to leave, OK? Sleep well. I will check on you tomorrow.” I turned away, and started to walk out of the room when I felt someone grab onto me. I look back to see Kat’s arm outstretched and latched onto mine, even though she looked like she was asleep. And even though she was- kind of- she pulls me back over to the bed, and yanked me down beside her.

“Stay with me tonight.” She mumbles.

I lay on the bed awkwardly. “Are you sure?”

“Mhm.” She nods.

I relax into the bed comfortably and fold my arms across my chest. A few minutes later, Kat rolls towards me, and curls up next to me in a ball. I raised my arm and wrapped it around her, pulling her to my chest, and wrapping my other arm around her. Kissing her forehead lightly, I whisper, “I love you.”

 

~~~<***>~~~

Kat’s POV

I wake up enough to feel someone slowly wrapping their arms around me. For a second I thought it was Jonghyun, then I feel a kiss on my forehead, and a familiar voice says to me, “I love you.”

I smile as I recognize the voice, and a warm feeling spreads through my chest, lulling me back to sleep.

 

~~~~~~

Hey guys! TROLLLLLLLLLL this is the perfect Chen thing! I dont think any of you were expecting ths, were you? Of course not! No one expects anything when Chen is involved! Well, I hoped you like the little surprise! Almost finished with this! maybe another 2 chapters? I kind of want to drag this story out so you guys are like on the edge of your seats waiting for the next chapter or smth. :P MUAHAHAHA am I being evil/ Totally. :) enjoy the rest of the story!