Chapter 11

Dreaming of Forever

Jonghyun’s POV

            “You have to right to explain to me why the hell that woman was in your bed, but that doesn’t mean I have to listen, or even accept it.” Kat sat across from me in the living room, her arms folded across her chest.

            She was right, of course. She had no reason to stay. As soon as I had woken up, I had woken the rest of the members up to make sure that all of the girls there got home safely, while Kat sat on the couch rigidly, watching everything happen.

            I ran my hand through my hair for the millionth time, trying to figure out what I was going to say to explain everything, when in truth, I couldn’t. I had gotten drunk, and acted without thinking.

            So I said that.

            She scoffed. “At least you’re truthful.” She sat forward. “But why would you go somewhere like that? I expected you to go sightseeing with everyone, or throw a party for just you five. And take Taemin? Are you crazy? If the tabloids got hold of this kind of story, your reputation would be ruined. Why would you do something like that to yourself? I expected you to lose your mind when you started drinking, but not before.” She stands up. “I think it’s time I left.”

            I stand up also, and reach out for her. “Kat I-.”

She turns away. “Give me some time, and I’ll think about whether me being single would benefit you or me.” And with that, she leaves.

            “Kat!” I yell after her. The door slammed shut. I sit down on the couch, and let my head fall into my hands.

            “I am so, so sorry.” I whisper, as tears fall down my cheeks.

~~~<***>~~~

Kat’s POV

            “Kat!” Jonghyun’s heart-broken voice almost made me turn back around and forgive him.

            Almost.

            Why does love do this to you? I thought to myself as I left the apartment. I wanted to forgive him so badly, I thought my chest was going to explode, but I knew I couldn’t just yet. I hate treating him like a child, but he should have known. I knew I will end up going back. I needed to clear my mind, but I was too angry to see straight. How could he? Why would he think of doing such a thing right before he was supposed to get married? Well, there’s a first for everything. I felt like crying. Jonghyun was drunk, and he wasn’t thinking. I couldn’t be a crazy girlfriend who didn’t think first. As I walked out of the building, I ran into Key.

            He looks at me, and smiles a little. “You’re handling yourself well.”

            I shrug. “If you act crazy, no one will give you credit for anything. You have to think with your mind and not your actions. Hitler didn’t get anywhere because he didn’t think about where his actions would lead him. Einstein thought about everything he did, and you can see where he is in our world now. I have to be level-headed about this.” I take to deep breath to stop my rambling, looking up at the sky so I wouldn’t cry, and Key takes me into his arms.

            “Jonghyun is a jerk, and he should have thought about his actions. He can’t exactly handle his alcohol well.”

            I give a small laugh and lean my head on him, welcoming the comfort. “So I’ve noticed. But the funny thing is, I still want to forgive him. I want to go straight back to him and act like nothing happened, but I know I can’t, so I’m just going to leave for the day so he learns his lesson. Update me OK?” I lean away and look to him for confirmation.

            He smiles. “Evil, but smart. I’ll text you every once in a while. In fact, as soon as I get inside, I’ll tell you what he’s doing to himself.” I nod and say goodbye, watching him go through the glass doors and into the elevator. I stood outside for a little bit, and then hear a little chime. I look at the text I was just sent.

          

                                         I think you should come home to see this.

-Key                                      

I hurry back inside and to our apartment to see what was happening, and as soon as I walk in I hear a wailing sound and a soothing voice. I hurried into the living room to see Jonghyun wrapped into a ball, crying a river on the floor, and Key trying to console him.

“She’s gone!” Jonghyun cried.

“No she’s not! She’s right here!” Key waves a hand in my direction.

“You’re lying! She left me! It’s over!” He rolls around on the floor, and I finally see his face, which was red and splotchy from crying, and snot dripping from his nose.

Attractive.

“No. I’m not! Look for yourself.”  Key slowly pries Jonghyun’s hands off from around his knees, and helps him up for a little. As soon as he sees me he stops sobbing a little. He sniffles. “You’re back?”

I look at Key for confirmation, because while I didn’t want to be there-I was still mad at him for cheating on me, I didn’t want to see him as a complete wreck. It obviously meant that he was sorry.

Key nodded vigorously, and when Jonghyun saw that I hesitated, he started sobbing again.

“I’m so sorry!” He cried, bowing at my feet. “It was so, so stupid of me! Please, forgive me! I’m so sorry!” He repeats over. I hold my hand over my mouth, my heart breaking. I bend down to help him up.

“Jonghyun,” I say quietly, helping him to his feet. “It’s OK, I forgive you. Please, stop crying.” He latches onto my neck, and continues to cry into my shoulder. “Jonghyun, it’s alright. I’m back.” I wrap my arms around him, and rub his back, motioning for Key to give us some private time, and he leaves the room.

“Please don’t leave again.” Jonghyun cries, his shoulders shaking.

“I won’t leave again.” I say to him. He wraps his arms around me tighter.

“Jonghyun.” I rasp.

“Hm.” He says, finally calmed down.

“Can you let go a little? I can’t breathe.”

“Hm? Oh, yeah.” He loosens his arms a little, and then says to me. “I promise, nothing happened. I don’t know why she was .”

I don’t say anything.

“Kat…”

“It’s alright. I understand if things did happen. I haven’t exactly been the most willing girlfriend, but things will change.”

“Don’t change. I need to. You’re perfect the way you are, but please believe me, I wouldn’t lie about this. Nothing happened. Nothing I haven’t done with you. I swear.” He holds my head. “Please believe me. Tell me that you believe me.”

“I believe you.” I say. “I need to clean up a little. It’s late. Do you have a schedule today?” I break away from our embrace and head into the kitchen.

“Kat…” He says, following me.

I refuse to cry in front of him. “Why don’t you go get ready? We need to go talk to Manager Do about my schedule.”

With a silent nod, Jonghyun leaves the kitchen and heads to our room.

Jonghyun’s POV

            I walk out into the hallway, and stop. She shouldn’t have given up that easily. Even the most laid back girlfriend would not have given up that easily. I listen quietly hearing a thud in the kitchen, and soft crying.

            I knew it.

            I walk back in, see Kat sitting against the cabinets with her knees pulled up to her chest, crying, and sit next to her, pulling her into my lap and let her cry in my arms.

            Why did I have to be so screwed up?

~~~<***>~~~

Kat’s POV

            Instead of talking to Manager Do, Jonghyun rescheduled it for the next day, wanting to have a personal day with so “reconnect”, so we did. We lay in bed for a while together, just wrapped in each other’s arms, talking.

            “How was your trip?”

            “It was fine.”

            “Fine?”

            “Boring as hell.”

            He laughs, and I do too.

            “All they did was talk. Explain, and talk. They didn’t help us with vocal or acting exercises; they just explained how different life was going to be now that we were training to become idols.”

            “I should have warned you.”

            “You went?”

            “Years ago. When I was also a trainee.”

            I slap his arm, and then cuddle back into it. “Yah! It would have been nice to have a heads up.”

            He laughs and holds me tighter. “Oops.”

            I scoff. “Oops my .”

            “I’m tired. And I have a headache. Will you get me some aspirin?”

            “Sleep it off. You shouldn’t have been drinking so much. You and I both know you can’t hold down your alcohol. How about I pinch you so you forget about your headache? Hmm?” I pinch his arm, and he recoils. “Yah! That hurt!”

            “Well would you look at that?” I say looking at him. “You forgot about your headache.”

            He frowns, and pulls me into his chest again. “Not funny.” He looks at me and pokes my nose.

            “Totally funny.” I smile and kiss him. He pushes me into the bed and rolls on top of me to where I was supporting his weight. I kiss him deeper, and he groans and pulls away. “Don’t tease me.”

            “But you’re so easy.” I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him back down to me, kissing him again, but this time, I roll on top of him. He wraps his arms around my waist, holding me to him. I pull back and kiss him on the nose. “I’m hungry, and I have jet lag. Let’s go eat something, then take a nap together OK?” I leap off of the bed and head into the kitchen, Jonghyun following me. As I peek through the fridge, Jonghyun wraps his arms around me and looks over my shoulder.

            “What is there?” He asks, his breath tickling my ear.

            “There is absolutely nothing. Let’s go shopping! It will get us out of this house. I’m going to go take a shower OK?” I start to leave the kitchen, and Jonghyun grabs my hand, pulling me to our room a lot faster. “Great idea! Let’s take a shower together.” As soon as we pass the hallway bathroom though, I let go and shove him in. “Yeah!” I say, fake smiling. “Let’s! You take a shower in here, and I’ll take a shower in there.” I point to our room. He pouts. “I meant in the same shower.”

            “Ah,” I say, “but that’s not how you said it the first time. Didn’t anyone ever tell you to go with your first answer?” I slam the door shut and run into the bathroom in hopes that Jonghyun wouldn’t catch me but before I could pass our bed, he tackles me into it and I scream, then start to laugh. He straddles me on the bed and locks both of my arms above my head.

            He tsk’s me. “You’re not supposed to take showers with your clothes on.” He leans down to kiss me, and at the same time, reaches for the edge of the t-shirt I had been wearing and pulling it up a little, revealing a tiny bit of my flat stomach. I laugh. “Jonghyun stop it! I’m ticklish!”

            “Perfect!” He says delightfully, and kisses my neck as he trails a finger up my stomach to the tip of my bright blue bra, bringing my shirt with it, then finally pulling it all the way off of my head, finally letting go of my arms. He leans into my ear and says, “Do you mind helping me with my shirt? I seem to have forgotten how to take it off. Is there like buttons or something that I’m supposed to undo? I can’t remember.” I smile and reach for the edge of his shirt and pull it off also, admiring his abs, and the way his slim waist curved into his broad shoulders, and the way his pecks curved into the muscles of his biceps. He leans down and kisses me softly, while reaching for the waistband of my jeans and ing them, slowly sliding them off up my hips to reveal black lacey underwear. He leans into me just as I get his off and kisses me slowly. “Help me understand,” he says slowly, “why you were always so self conscious.”

“I’m a girl. It’s a natural thing.” I say, tracing figures on his biceps.

            “I couldn’t ask for a more perfect wife.” He says, finally slipping everything off, and taking me into world of bliss.