Chapter 5

Dreaming of Forever

“What the heck are you doing in my bed?” I scrambled out of the blankets, landing ungracefully on my on the carpet, and quickly stand up.

Only to realize that I wasn’t wearing pants; the t-shirt that I was wearing barely covered my . I squeaked and crawled back into my bed, but taking care to keep a fair distance between me and my favorite idol. He rolled over and looked through sleepy eyes. Then slowly, he reached out with his arm and puts his finger on my lips.

“Shhh.” He says quietly. “I’m tired.” And rolls over, revealing a shirtless, very muscular back, to fall back asleep. I pinch his cheek.

“Jonghyun!” I say forcefully.

“Yah!” He sits up fast, holding his cheek. I stare as the blankets fall, exposing his toned chest, covering just below his six pack and love handles.

I couldn’t tell if he was wearing pants.

I could see his biceps flex as he held his face. “What was that for? If you wanted me to get up, you could have asked me nicely.”

“Yeah you’re right, but this is urgent.”

“What’s urgent?”

“The fact that you’re in my bed is urgent! What the heck happened last night?” I said, waving my hands around.

He stares at me, and then smiles maliciously. “You don’t remember?”

“Uh no I don’t otherwise I wouldn’t be asking.”

“He falls back into the pillows laughing. “Ah man this is perfect.”

“Yah! Jonghyun! Stop it and tell me what happened!”

He looks at me. “First things first, I thought I told you to call me oppa. And nicely please.”

“Yah!”

“Oppa.”

I dropped my shoulders and frown at him. “Oppa,” I say staring him down, “will you please tell me what happened last night.”

“You mean if anything did happen last night.”

I groan and lay back down.

He laughs and rolls over towards me, resting his elbows on the mattress, and putting his face in his palms. “Are you sure you want me to tell you?”

I look at him alarmingly, and he laughs again.

“No. Nothing happened. We talked. We kissed. We took a shower together—“

What?!”

“I’m kidding! I’m kidding! We didn’t take a shower together.” He smiles brightly, making his eyes squint closed.

“Then why are you in my bed?”

“Because you asked me to stay.”

“I did? Why would I do that?”

“I’m offended.”

I look at him, and he stops talking.

“Why are you shirtless?”

“It was hot.”

“Then why am I not wearing pants!?”

“You’re not wearing pants!?” He tries to lift up the blankets but I hold them down.

“Yah! You ert!” I pout at him and pinch his arm. “Didn’t your mother ever teach you better?”

“Nope!” he says, smiling. “Now, do you have a coffee maker?” he says, getting ready to get out of bed.

“Wait!” I yell covering my eyes. “You have pants on, right?”

“Uh, yeah. Why? You want me to take them off?”

“NO!”

He sighs. “Fine.”

“Coffee maker is down stairs in the kitchen, on the counter. You won’t miss it.” I say, still covering my eyes.

“OK!” I hear him walk over, and he kisses my cheek. “How do you like your coffee?”

“Light brown. Lots of sugar.”

“Got it.” And he leaves the room.

I drop my hand and sigh. I should have looked. I thought. I hop out of bed and put on the PJ shorts I had put on the night before when Jonghyun had originally shown up, and padded down stairs to see Jonghyun scooping coffee mix into the pot.

“What do you want for breakfast?” I ask, opening up the fridge.

“How about you let me handle it?” He said, starting the coffee, and then wrapping his arms around my waist.

“OR you let the trained chef cook something unusual but delicious for you because you made the coffee AND took me out to dinner?” I poke his nose.

“You’re a trained chef?” He says, half smiling. “You’re the perfect girlfriend. Smart, gorgeous, witty, funny, and you can cook. Plus we have things in common which makes it much easier to get along with you.”

“Oh, really now? First off, who said I was your girlfriend? And how did you figure out I was smart? I could be stupid, you know. I just haven’t shown it yet.” I pull the green onions, ham and eggs out of the fridge and set them on the counter, pulling my hair into a ponytail, and begin to wash my hands.

“That night, when I first met you, your plan was amazingly quick thinking. That’s how I figured out that you were smart.” He says, walking out of the kitchen and sitting at the bar that was above the sink.

“That just proves I’m street smart.”

“Square root of 144.”

“12. Easy” I cracked a few eggs into a bowl and whisk them together, pouring them into a frying pan on the stove.

“Hand position when chopping something.”

“Bear claw. Everyone knows that.” I chop up a few onions and sprinkle them onto the egg, flipping it in the pan to cook both sides.

When the topic of a sentence is a place, what conjunction do you use?”

“Where. Duh.”

“You just proved my point. And then some.”

I drop the omelet onto a plate, chop up some ham and stuff it inside the egg with cheese sprinkled on top, smiling.  “But you never answered my question. Who said I was your girlfriend?” I start to hand the plate to him just as he gets up and walks over to me.

“I did.” And then he kisses me deeply while taking the plate out of my hands and pulling me close to him. I wrap my arms around his neck slowly, returning it.

He pushes back a little, leaning me against the counter, and wraps his arm around me tighter.

I break away first, resting my forehead against his. “When did you want me to visit?” I ask breathlessly.

“How about now?” He says smiling.

“OK. I’m going to go get ready; you can stay down here and eat. Feel free to take a shower after me OK?”

“Mmm.” He kisses the top of my nose. I attempt to break away so I could go upstairs but Jonghyun holds me back and kisses me one last time before reluctantly letting go.

~~<***>~~~

As Jonghyun’s chauffer drove his to his dorm, we played little games in the back. Naming our favorite movies or games, or what we liked to eat and our favorite pastimes. Hosting thumb war tournaments, and just sitting there together, holding hands, not saying anything. By the time we arrived there, it was almost lunchtime.

We walked through the lobby and onto the elevator.

“Are you sure you didn’t have anything today?” I say, as Jonghyun presses the 23rd button.

“I’m sure. We just got back from a large concert. Our manager wanted to give us some time off to rest. I’m sure we’ll be back on in a few days, but it won’t be anything to stressful. Probably just a few interviews, game shows and photo shoots.”

“Mhm.” I say, nodding my head.

The doors opened to reveal the 23rd floor.

Jonghyun’s floor.

“I’m excited for you to see my place.” Jonghyun says, grabbing my hand.

“Me too.” I say, just as we reach a door three down from the elevator. Jonghyun pulls out a key, and unlocks it.

“Welcome to my home.”

 

~~~~~

Hey guys! Sorry this one is smal also! I know i said that I would make it longer but I was super busy with work and only had a few hours to write this! Either way, I hope you really like it! I know its not the most exciteing chapter ever, but still :P