Chapter 9

Dreaming of Forever

            I walked out onto the stage in my red, knee length, single strap, sweetheart neckline lace dress with a sparkly black bow just as the strap met the dress. The MC’s eyes popped as he saw me walk on, and I sit in the first seat next to him. SHINee walks on after me in their black suits with red ties, Jonghyun sitting next to me, then Key, Taemin, Minho and Onew.

            The MC smiles at us as we all get settled into our seats.

            “Hello and welcome to the yellow submarine! SHINee, it is very nice to see you again, and very nice to meet you Katerina!” He holds out is hand for me to shake, and as I do I tell him, “You can just call me Kat.” I smile.

            “Ah! Kat! Your smile is very wonderful! How did you get that nickname?”

            “Thank you. When I first started visiting SHINee, I guess saying Katerina got to be a mouthful, so they shortened it to Kat instead, and it stuck.”

            “How sweet—in a sense.” The other MC’s and we all laugh.

            “Kat is a much cuter name, and I think it fits her better.” Says Onew.

            “I have to agree.” The MC says. “Now, since we are doing a special episode just for this, we have the layout completely different. We will start with the questions immediately. Is that all right with all of you?” We all nod. “All right, let’s begin!”

"So, Kat, How old where you when you had your first kiss?"

“I was a second year in middle school.”

"What happened when you had your first kiss? What's the story behind it?"

          “Is was really scary and embarrassing for me. I was dating a guy I had liked for a while. He had broken up with his first girlfriend—who used to be my best friend—to go out with me. I was giving him a hug good-bye before I left for home and he asked if he could kiss me, and before I said anything, I gave him a quick kiss goodbye and left. He broke up with me two weeks later over the internet.”

“Ooo,” the MC makes a face. “Tough luck. At least you knew he wasn’t the guy.”

            “All too much, actually. His reason for breaking up with me was because, since he was a grade above me, he didn’t want to be dating a middle schooler when he was in high school, but the twist was that he went straight back to my old best friend right after we broke up.”
 

            “Tch.” Jonghyun says. “Jerk. Well, you never know what you have until you lose it, but I’m not planning on losing you.” He kisses me on the forehead and I smile at him.

            Everyone awes. “You two fit so well together! But I know you weren’t always together. Before Jonghyun came along, what was your ideal guy? Any specific idol?"

I blush.  “Key, actually.”

Everyone gasps. Key shoots up and points at me, yelling, “You lie!”

Jonghyun stares at him pointedly.

“Are you serious?” The MC asks, leaning forward.

“Yes. When I first saw SHINee, I thought ‘Key is beautiful.’ I thought that I had fallen in love with him instantly, but it only a fan girl moment with a twist on my admiration of him, which lasted for maybe a week, then it switched over to Jonghyun. That was during their first comeback years ago. Now, I think it might be jealously at the fact that Key is prettier than me.” I smile good-naturedly, and the MC laughs.

“You should have seen Jonghyun’s face when you said that. Pure shock. Priceless.” He and the other MC’s crack up.

"Have you ever fallen in love with anyone else before? If so, how long did the relationship last?"

 I had fallen in love once before, or at least, I think so. Every time I thought about him, talked about him, or saw him my heart would speed up really fast, and it would feel like I had a lump in my throat. My friends would always tell me that my face would turn red. We didn’t have a relationship; in fact, I don’t think he ever found out that I was in love with him. I was told that first loves never work out, and I was right. It didn’t, so I left that love alone.

"So, what do you do now? What’s your profession?"

“Taking care of all of the members. It is a tough job, but I don’t think I would want to do anything else.”

"Are your parents proud of what you have become?"

“My parents died a few years ago. My mother when I was 19 and my father when I was 20.” I say, trying to keep my face from showing emotion.

“How, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“My mother had died from poisoning. She owned a restaurant, and something got mixed up in the ingredients of a sample food they wanted to put on the menu. It killed her almost instantly. My father died of a heart attack. He had owned a karate business that was worldwide. He was teaching some kids how to kick a wooden board just right to get it to break, and had a heart attack. I can only imagine what went through that kid’s mind when he saw all of that happen right in front of him.”

"As a kid did you have a happy childhood?"

“My childhood was tough, but it was fun. My mother and father were very loving. They wanted the best for me.”

“What what your best childhood memory?”

“When my father had taught me to drive a mini car for children. It was a yellow bug convertible, and sticker flowers all over it and was the size of half of a bench. I was 3 at the time. He showed me how to turn the steering wheel when I was pushing the peddle. It is a very sweet memory.”

"Worst childhood memory?"

 “My mother dying. I didn’t know how to handle it, and it was the worst feeling ever. It knew what to do when my father had passed away, but it was new with my mother.”

"Do you have any siblings?"

I shake my head. “I was an only child my whole life.”

“Have you ever wanted siblings?”

I smile at this. “I have always wanted a brother!”

 “Well now you have four!” He says, motioning at SHINee, and I laugh. “They are more like my children. They are so childish sometimes. One time I had made pancakes for the group because it was the first breakfast I was taught to make in America, and Taemin had asked for more syrup. Key picked up a pancake, threw it at Taemin, and told him to deal with what he had. The pancake ended up hitting him square in the face. I thought it was the funniest thing in the world, but it started a food fight in the kitchen!”

“No!” He says, leaning forward on his elbows.

“Yes! I had to stop them and make them clean it up so they learned their lesson about starting food fights, and I don’t think they will be anytime soon, will you?” I look at the two of them, and they shake their head furiously.

“You should see Kat when she is mad! She looks like an angel from hell, and I almost peed myself when she yelled at us for making such a mess. I am never doing that again.” Key says, wide eyed.

I shake my head. “Sometimes, I feel like their mother or caretaker rather than a close friend.” The MC laughs at this, then moves on.

"How was your school life?"

 “Academics were very important to me. I had wanted to get into the very best college so I could have great accomplishments and could get a high place in life. I had always kept a 3.7 GPA average or more and a 98% attendance rate at school to make sure my grades never failed. I had only ever graduated with A’s and/or B’s, and within the top 20’s.”

“Ooo, so you’re smart! Nice pick Jonghyun!” He leans forward to him and whispers, “She’s a keeper!”

“I figured that out a long time ago.” He says, smiling and wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

“So, how exactly did you meet Jonghyun?"

 “I ran into him on my way to his concert in Tokyo. He was being chased by fans, and I disguised him to help him get away from them.”

 “Oh! So that is what Jonghyun had meant when he said you saved him at that concert. They were sasaengs weren’t they, Jonghyun?”

“Mm.” He nods. "Was it love at first sight?"

 Jonghyun and I look at each other, and I know just what to say. “Yes. I had always loved Jonghyun, but not in the way I did when we had actually gotten to know each other. It definitely came into effect during our first date.”

Jonghyun nods. “As soon as I met her, I instantly liked her.”

"How did Jonghyun ask you out?"

 “After I had gotten back from Tokyo, I had a run in with some sasaengs, and had gotten hurt. Jonghyun had come to check on me, and decided that he wanted to take me out after so I had gotten dressed, and we left. This was during the same time as the concert.”

"Where did he take you on your first date?"

“We went to Blakes Restaurant at-I think- 2 in the morning? We had just gotten back from Tokyo. I had had some issues, and Jonghyun came to check in on me. He actually ended up taking me to dinner there after that, and that was when we really got to know each other.”

The MC’s start to smile. “Oh I bet you guys really got to know each other!” They all burst out laughing.

I gawk at them. “Not like that!” I say hiding my face, laughing.

He shakes his head, and then nods. “No, definitely like that.”

I slap his arm.

“Yah!” He yells, leaning away from me.

“Don’t lie!” I point my finger at him, and he smiles, leaning over to kiss me, and I pinch his cheeks, turning away. He huffs.

"Did you enjoy your first date with him?"

 “Of course! Our first date is what sparked everything between us. If it weren’t for that, we would not be here right now.”

"What would be your dream date with Jonghyun?"

 “Going on a very romantic, quiet dinner on a starry clear sky night at 75 degree temperature-“

“You have a perfect temperature?”

“Yes, I think everybody does, whether they know it or not. 75 is not too hot, but it’s also not to cold.

“-and then maybe going for a walk after?”

“That sounds nice.”

I nod. “It is. That was also exactly like our first date.”

“Have you guys ever thought about your future together?”

I shake my head. “I don’t think we’ve ever actually talked about it no. We are kind of just following the yellow brick road to see where it leads, but I know it will be somewhere good.”

"How many children would you like to have?"
 “2 or 3. I have always wanted children.”

“Yes! We must have children fast after we are married or I will not be able to have any!” Jonghyun says. I smile at him.

"What do you plan for your future?"

“I hope to live a long life with Jonghyun. I want a happy marriage with children and grandchildren, and then great grandchildren. I want to live to see them all.”

"Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years with Jonghyun?"

“ Watching our children grow up.”

They all awe at us.

“How are you two always so happy? I feel like I should be taking notes from you.” The MC pretends to pull out a notepad and a pen.

I just shrug. “I don’t know. I’m just happy to be here with Jonghyun.” He leans his head on mine.

“Ah, so find love. Got it!” He clicks his invisible pen closed and puts it inside his suit pocket.

"Now, Taemin, What do you think of their relationship?"

"I think their relationship is really good. They fit each other."

"We all support their relationship." Minho said.

"It's great that you all support their relationship. What were your first thoughts when hearing that they were in a relationship?"

            “I was very surprised.” Said Key. “We were all joking around about them being together at first because of how much Jonghyun had seen her, and even been to her home before he told us. I remember that night still.”

            Onew nods in agreement and smiles. “We were teasing Kat, and then Jonghyun walked in and was like ‘Stop teasing my girlfriend’, and everyone’s faces were so shocked, it was like you dropped a bomb on them even if you were best friends with them a minute ago.”

            “But I feel like we all knew that it was going to happen eventually.” Said Minho.

            Taemin hums and nods a yes.

The MC laughs and continues on with his parade of questions.

"Now, Kat, Do you sing?"

"Yes, I used to do talent shows at my schools and also did choir for a while in middle and high school.”

"Do you dance?"

"Yes, a friend and I would choreograph dances together when we got bored."

"What style of dance did you enjoy performing best?"

            “There are a lot of styles that I admire, ballet, hip hop, and more, but I don’t really admire one the most. I just make dances up, and they consist of everything.”

"Did you ever perform any of your dances in front of an audience?"

            “Yes, a few times. It was nerve wracking because since it wasn’t created by an actual choreographer, I had no idea if the people would like it.”

"Jonghyun, have you ever heard her sing?"

"No, I haven't actually. I didn't even she liked to sing."

"Kat, why doesn't Jonghyun even know about your hobby of singing?"

I shrugged, "I never really wanted to tell him. I thought that if I did, he would want me to sing in front of other people, and that would have given me a chance to get recruited. I knew that when being an idol, we wouldn’t have a lot of free time, so I would never get a chance to see him, so I kept it my little secret.” I smile.

"Would you mind performing for us?"

"Sure."

I stood up and walked to a small stage off to the side of the MC desk where we were sitting. One of the MC's came over and stood by me. "Now, what song would you like to sing?" I whispered into the MC's ear. "Ah! Good choice." the MV said. He walked over to the sound DJ and talked to him, before walking back over to me.

"Are you ready?"

I nodded, "Ready as I'll ever be." I looked over at Jonghyun who smiled at me before turning back to the cameras. All of the cameras, except for one, which was faced on the boys, where facing me. I was given a mic and the spotlight hit me. It reminded me of all of those times in the talent shows, performing in front of the crowds. I loved singing, and sharing my voice. I usually wasn't nervous, so I don’t know why I was this time around.

The music started to play, and before I knew it, it was my time to sing. I started singing the notes, getting into the song. I closed my eyes and just imagined that I was in front of a small audience in a talent show. Not being watched by thousands on TV. The nerves slowly went away and I felt more comfortable singing. I sang the notes, one by one, carefully. Making sure not to mess up or strain my voice too much. When there was a pause for an instrumental, I opened my eyes and the music stopped. I looked around at the producers and directors, whom mouths where wide open. I looked at the boys to see all of their mouths wide open in awe. Was I really that good?

I handed the microphone back to one of the producers and the MC took me back to my seat. I sat back down next to Jonghyun who whispered what a good job I did.

I smiled, a little embarrassed. I had never sung for someone I cared so greatly about. Someone who was such a great singer themselves.

"Whoa!" The MC said, "That was amazing, Kat! We didn't know you had such a great voice! How long have you been singing for?"

 “All of my life. It is one of my favorite hobbies to do growing up.”

"Wow that is quite a while. Did you ever think of becoming an idol and making a career out of your voice?"

“More than I should have.” We all laugh. “It was definitely a possibility, but after my parents passed on, I had to take care of the companies before I could sell them and move on with my life. I’ve heard of auditions going on, but I’ve never had the chance to actually go to one. Then I met Jonghyun, and if I became an idol now, I would never get to see him, so I put my dream aside, because, after all, it was just dream.”

"Jonghyun, what did you think about her performance?"

"I thought it was spectacular, just truly amazing. Everything about her is amazing." he said looking at me with those gorgeous eyes of his.

"What do you boys thing about her performance?"

"It was amazing!" Taemin said,

"I agree." Minho added.

"Me too," Said Key, “It was very beautiful.”

Onew nodded his head in agreement as well.

"Kat, you also said you liked to dance. Do you think you could dance better then Taemin?"

 I laugh. “No. He has had so much more experience than me.”

"What do you think Taemin? Do you think Kat could ever beat you in a dance competition?"

 He nods. “It’s possible.”

"Now, I hear you are promoting a new album soon. What can you tell us about this, Onew?"

"Well not a lot. But what I can tell you is that, when we do promote our next album, it will be our best one yet. We are going to work very hard on it."

"Is that all the information about the album we are going to get out of you?"

"Yep, I can’t say anymore about it."

“Well, that’s depressing.” He laughs. “Now, for the final question, Jonghyun, if you could choose a song-which you know well- that would you would sing for your fiancée, which would you choose?”

            “Love is My Pain by Park Jang Hyun. I love that song, and I know Kat does too. It is very pretty, and beautiful. I feel like if our life together so far was a drama, that song would fit it perfectly.” He smiles and leans into me, and I put my head on his shoulder, smiling appreciatively.

            “Do you know that song, Kat?”

            I nod. “Very well. I listen to it constantly.”

            “Sing it for us then! Both of you! You both have very beautiful voices, and I want to hear them work their magic. The song has two parts! Go go go!” He shoos us over to the MC table, and they hand us both mics, and the music starts instantly. “I’ll sing first so we know which parts to take.” Jonghyun whispers to me as we make our way over to the stage.

            We begin to sing, and I feel like I’m falling in love all over again. It was the best feeling in my life. Jonghyun’s voice fit so perfectly with the song, I thought I was going to cry.

            Bold black=Jonghyun

            Red=Kat

            Blue=both

 

Love is feeling geudaereul cheoeum bon sungan Love is feeling

sigani meomchun deut geudaewa hamkke saranghago wonhaetjyo

 

Love is my pain sarangeul deohalsurok Love is my pain

sesangi jiltuhae geudaeran sarameul apeuge haeyo

 

naega sumeul swige haneun saram simjang gipi saegin saram hanaimnida

naui nunmul soge saneun saram gaseumsoge sumgin saram hanaimnida

 

geudae hanaimnida

geudael saranghamnida

 

naega itji motal sarangiyeo haengbokhaetdeon sarangiyeo

Love is love is love is love is feeling

 

Love is my heart (love is my heart) meomchul su eomneun sarang Love is my heart (love is my heart)

jidokhan seulpeumdo uriui sarangeul mageul su eobtjyo

 

naega sumeul swige haneun saram simjang gipi saegin saram hanaimnida

naui nunmul soge saneun saram gaseumsoge sumgin saram hanaimnida

 

naui sojunghan saram sarangeul allyeojun saram geudaeimnida.

o~ naui meori soge bakhin saram gieok soge saneun saram geudaemnida (geudaemnida)

 

geudae hanaimnida (saranghanaimnida)

geudael saranghamnida (oh nae wha ha~)

 

naega itji motal sarangiyeo haengbokhaetdeon sarangiyeo

Love is love is love is love is feeling

 

Love is feeling

 

            The music slowly faded out at the end, and the studio was quiet, then a loud abruption of clappter rang out from the submarine. We returned our mics to the MC table, and sat down, Jonghyun grabbing my hand.

            “I don’t think you guys could hear how beautiful that was! Do you think we could do a playback?” The MC next to me asks the MC over at the soundboard. He starts messing with the buttons, and then our voices come on. We listen to some of the song, amazed at how perfect our voices had slid over one another. I smile at the warm feeling I got again.

            When the playback was over, the MC next to me started talking again. “Kat, your face had showed your joy at its fullest. What were you feeling while singing that song with Jonghyun?”

            “I felt….” I look at Jonghyun, his small smile encouraging me to speak. I smile back at him and turn to the MC. “I felt like I could imagine our whole life together, and which parts could fit the song. I felt happy, at peace, and warm inside.” I lean into Jonghyun, and his arm wraps around my shoulders. I look up at him and say, “I felt like I was falling in love all over again.”

 

~~~~~~~

I really want to dedicate this chapter to Chanyeols_wifeu because without her, there would be no inerview right now! She had come up with all of the questions, and thanks to her, you guys know SO MUCH more about kat then you did before. Round of applause for her!!! Thanks so much for the 400+ reads! I hope you guys like where this is going!