The Renaissance Faire

International Love

A week had passed since the museum trip.  Kyu Jong had been avoiding me as much as possible, probably to deter the rumors about us being together. I mean, how do people come up with these things?  The PD had just announced what we were doing next: a day trip to the Bristol Renaissance Faire.

"Seriously?  The Ren Faire?  Eeeek! I squealed in delight.

"You know the place?" asked Mr. Shin curiously.

I gave him a look.  "I go there a lot.  When we go, it'll be my fourth trip there this year.  I even dress up."

"Then you'll be the guide."

"Deal."

When Saturday came, I got up and immediately dug our my garb from my closet.  I stripped down to my underwear and put on socks and deodorant.  I pulled my chemise shirt over my head and laced up my bodice tightly.  I had a bit of difficulty getting my dark green dress on, but I finally got it on.  I tied a llight green velvet sash with a fan hanging from it around my waist to accentuate my figure and put on my silver Irish themed jewelry.  As a finishing touch, I grabbed my flower garland and tied it securely around my head and grabbed my green knit satchel before leaving my bedroom.

"I'm ready!" I said in a sing song voice as I skipped out into the living room.

"You look nice." Kyu Jong complimented me.

"Thank you!" I said in the same sin song voice.

We loaded ourselves into the van and I was thankful that I wasn't driving for once.  I told them to park in the free parking to save money.  After we parked and walked the mile up to the box office, SS501 went to stand in line to purchase tickets.

"Why aren't you getting in line?" Jungmin asked me quizzically.

I reached into my satchel and produced a ticket that I had bought months ago.  Jungmin just glared playfully at me.  After a short wait, I led them to the maypole and explained that I had a friend that worked here.  We got there just as the Bristol Buskin Frolic was beginning to dance.

"See that girl right there? The one in the blue skirt with rainbow ribbons around her belt?" I asked them excitedly while discreetly pointing to her.

"Yeah. What about her?" asked Hyun Joong.

"She's my friend.  Her name is Shannon." I said while beaming brightly at them.

We watched the maypole ceremony and the fight scene that immediately followed afterwards.  We walked around and I showed them the various shops.  I finally saw the drink stand that I wanted to show them.

"Wait here!  I'll be right back!" I said and waited in the short line.

After I paid for my drink, I rejoined the small group.  I had a bright smile on my face as they eyed the mysterious drink I was holding.

"What is that?" asked Hyungjun.

"This is sassafras.  Its root beer with a hint of black licorce.  Try some." I said while handing them the cup.

They passed around the cup and I could instantly tell that they didn't like it.  I took the cup back from them and drained the rest of the contents.  Throughout the day, I showed them my favorite acts.  Towards the end of the day, I noticed that they were getting worn out.

"Floriana, what time does the faire close?" asked Young Saeng in a tired voice.

"A half hour.  There's one more thing I want to show you before we leave and that's the drum jam." I answered.

We arrived at an open grassy patch while the drummers were setting up.  A few minutes later, faint drumbeats filled the air and I led SS501 to the center of our make shift dance floor.  I started moving my hips and feet to the beat.  SS501 followed my lead, even letting out yells and shouts when the beat softened.  Too soon, the drum jam ended and the faire closed.  We walked out of the faire and back to the van where we promptly fell asleep.

 

Author's note: I'M SO SORRY SORRY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING! I WAS BUSY! DON'T KILL ME!  I was at a convention all weekend and then I had to work all week! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :)