We're Doing What With Who???

International Love

I had just finished up my shift at the bakery where I worked.  I punched out and walked to the break room to fetch my things, not knowing one simple text message from my mother would change my life....

Ah, but before I get to that, I should probably introduce myself.  My name is Floriana and I'm 16 years old.  I'm also a huge fan of K-Pop, my bias group being SS501.  My favorite member is Kyu Jong in case you're wondering.

Anyways, back to what happened that day.

I fumbled with my keys until I found the one to my locker.  I unlocked the padlock holding it shut and took out my purse, ping the front pocket to pull out my cell phone.  After unlocking the screen, it showed that I had one text messgae.  I opened it and found that the sender was my mom and read the following words:

Floriana, we need to talk when you get home.  Its important.

Huh?  Talk about what?  I knew I hadn't done anything majorly wrong.  Maybe something was going on with my parents and they wanted to keep it a secret up until now?  Come to think of it, they had been talking in whispers lately...

OMO! WHAT IF THEIR MARRIAGE WAS FAILING AND THEY WERE GETTING A DIVORCE?!?!?

Nah.  They were happy.  Get a hold of yourself and think rationally Floriana!  I put my cell back into my purse and slung it over my shoulder before shutting and relocking my locker.  I walked through the store and out of the exits to get to the employee parking lot where my car was eagerly waiting for me.  I breathed in a fresh breath of summer air, the warmth of the night invigorating me.  I unlocked my car and threw myself into the driver's seat to begin my uneventful drive home.

Twenty minutes later, I pulled into my driveway and cut the engine.  I quickly gathered my things and headed up the walkway to my front door, but not before I locked up my car.  I took of my shoes in the entryway and heard my mom's voice calling me.

"Floriana, come to the kitchen!"

Ugh, that's right.  That important talk.  I padded into the kitchen to find my parents and younger brother seated around the kitchen table while a Korean man leaned against the counter.

"You know that program we entered?  The one that takes in foreign exchange students?" my mom asked me just as I entered the kitchen.  Not even a hello? Hmph!

"Um...yes?" In all honesty, I had no clue what she was talking about.

"Well, we thought about doing a homestay...um, Mr. Shin, can you explain?" My mom looked at a loss for words, so...what in the world was going on?

"Certainly.  I've talked to your parents and younger brother about it and they agreed to try it.  How would you feel about being a host family for a Korean idol group?" Mr. Shin asked in perfect English.

I gaped at him.  A host family?  For a Korean idol group?  My family should've known what my answer would be!

"Yesyesyes!  Do we know which idol group getting?" I asked with a twinkle in my eye.

"Yes.  You're family will be playing host to SS501!" Mr. Shin exclaimed happily.

I stumbled backwards into an empty chair, shock evident on my face.  My favorite idol group was coming to my house and staying with us.

"When are they coming and how long will they be staying?" I asked in a daze.

"Two days and they're staying for two months.  Does anyone speak fluent Korean?" 

I raised my hand and he beamed at me.  He said he would be back in two days since he was aprat of the PD that was going to film us before taking his leave.

Two days they were coming.

Two months they would be staying with us.

Lord, save my ovaries.

 

Author's note: Hey I'm back with my second chaptered fic!  COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :)