Alright... Look....

Girl You Gotta Hot Body!

“Hyuk, come on!” HakYeon called out, a hint of sadness in his voice.

“Is something wrong, Hyung?” Hyuk asked, looking up from the hole he was digging with Lucca.

“No, just…. Come on.” HakYeon waved his hand for Hyuk to follow.

Pouting, Hyuk looked at Lucca, and then back at his older cousin. “Okay….” He looked at Lucca and when he saw her pouting slightly, he held his dirty hands up and gave her a slight smile. “I’ll be back, I’m sure.”

Lucca watched her friends run back to their house, Hyuk slowly trailing behind HakYeon and looking back occasionally. They disappeared into the house for almost two hours before Hyuk finally came back out. He ran towards the clearing that they always hung out in, his eyes slightly bleary as he looked around. “Noona…?” He called out, looking from the hole they had been digging then to the huge oak that was sitting there.

Pouting even more when he didn’t see her, Hyuk crossed his arms over his chest and dropped down so he was seated in front of the tree. He pushed himself up so he was propped against the trunk of the tree, his eyes scanning the clearing for any sign of his friend. Just as he was about to get up and go see if she had made it home, he heard a loud rustling and cracking from above him.

Looking up, Hyuk found that Lucca had managed to climb up into the tree while he had been inside. She smiled brightly when she saw him, waving with one hand, the other holding onto the thick branch she was seated on. “Hyukkie~”

“Noona!” Hyuk called out with a smile. When he looked up to see her better though, it crashed in around him what he had just been told. “How’d you get up there?” He asked, not wanting to sit where his cousin could find him again anymore.

“I climbed up the back, there’s a lower hanging branch back there….” Lucca pointed towards the opposite side of the tree. “So what did Yeonnie want?” She asked sitting so her feet hung off the side.

Shaking his head, Hyuk ran around to the back of the tree. He found the branch she was referencing, but he could just barely reach it. Frowning, he jumped, catching onto it with his fingers. He pulled himself up so his hands were fully holding onto the branch, then looked up to find Lucca balancing on a thicker branch that was above the one he had caught onto. She reached out, catching one of his hands and helping him pull himself up into the tree.

Once he was up in the tree with her though, Hyuk couldn’t hide the red eyes from her. “Hyukkie? Did something happen?”

He let out a heavy breath, his lips pursing together as he looked down. “My mommy got sick again…. We’re all leaving tomorrow….”

“You’re leaving tomorrow…?” Lucca tipped her head, not quite understanding what he was saying.

Hyuk nodded, staring down at his legs. “We’re moving to be closer to the people who are taking care of my mommy….”

Lucca didn’t know what to say, her legs swinging back and forth slightly as she tried to process this information. “But…you’ll be back when your mommy is better, won’t you?”

Hyuk looked up at her with a small gasp. “Of course I will~” he smiled slightly, holding his hands out towards her. When she took them, he squeezed them lightly. “Will you wait for me?”

Tipping her head slightly, Lucca giggled a little. “Of course I will! What kind of question is that…?”

Giggling, Hyuk squeezed her hands lightly. When he grinned, he could feel the air hit where he was missing one of his baby teeth from it falling out. He squeezed her hand again, but then turned so his legs were hanging off the branch again. “I really don’t want to go….”

“It’s okay~” Lucca assured him, reaching out and shaking his arm lightly. “I’ll be here when you come back.”

“But what if I’m gone for a long time?” Hyuk pouted, looking back at her.

Grinning, Lucca tipped her head slightly at him. “Then I’ll just wait longer.”

Giggling, Hyuk started blushing as he looked down at the ground that was about ten feet below them. He sat there for awhile, but then looked up at Lucca. “So, when I come back, what are we going to do?”

“I don’t know…. Didn’t you have a plan for that?” Lucca asked, turning to look at Hyuk.

“No…but I can come up with one.” He nodded, giggling as he looked up at her. “When I come back…. Let’s get married.”

“Married?” Lucca looked up at him with wide eyes.

Neh!” Hyuk grinned a wide toothy grin.

After a moment, Lucca started giggling and nodded. “Araseo.”

“And then after that, we can have kids.” Hyuk nodded, grinning as he looked at her.

“Yeah~” Lucca agreed, smiling as she looked at him.

“Let’s have ten kids.” Hyuk decided as he held his hands up and looked at his fingers. He nodded, then looked at Lucca.

“Okay.” Lucca laughed, smiling at him. “So that’s the plan then?”

“Yes.” Hyuk nodded as he caught onto the tree branch and turned his head to look at Lucca.

“When you come back, we’ll get married and have ten kids.” Lucca nodded, then looked at Hyuk. “How are we going to remember the promise??”

The thought hadn’t crossed his mind, so when Lucca brought it up, Hyuk started pouting slightly. His jaw dropped like he was about to say something, but then shook his head a little. He looked around the tree for a moment, but then back at Lucca. “I don’t know…. We need something though.” He nodded.

Pondering this, Lucca reached up and scratched her head slightly. She stared off into space thinking about it, but then an idea hit her. “Come on~!” She waved her hand for Hyuk to follow as she started to descend from the tree.

“Where are we going?” Hyuk asked, climbing down much slower than she had, but eventually dropping down beside her.

“My house.” She nodded, pointing towards where her apartment was. They took off running towards it. After getting inside, Hyuk was told to stay in the living room as Lucca ran to get whatever it was she had thought of.

Hyuk stared at all of the decorations for almost five minutes before Lucca finally came running back. She had her hands behind her back, a huge smile on her face as she looked at him. “Come on.” She nodded towards the door, but Hyuk pointed towards her.

“What did you get?” He asked, waving his hands slightly.

“I’ll show you outside!” Lucca nodded towards the door again.

“Fine….” Hyuk pouted but went to the door and pulled it open so that Lucca could go out before him.

Lucca ran out in an excited hurry, a large smile on her face as she looked back at Hyuk. “Let’s go to the tree first~” she waved one hand, the other clasped around whatever item she had found. They walked quickly over to their little area, Lucca out of excitement and Hyuk out of curiosity. He followed closely behind her, wishing to get any hint or idea as to what she had in her hand.

Once they got to the tree, Lucca sat down on the side that was facing away from all of the apartments. The sun was setting and there was a warm glow on that side, so it was also the more comfortable side at that time. Hyuk sat down beside her, waving his hands almost impatiently to see what she had brought.

“This is so we always remember the promise.” Lucca stated, holding up her empty hand. “Don’t ever lose it, okay?”

“Okay.” Hyuk nodded, waving his hand slightly. “I promise I won’t lose it.”

“Okay.” Lucca smiled, but then opened her hand to reveal two little rings. Both of them were made of metal, but nothing too special. They were even cuter because of the little elephant that was molded on the band, it’s trunk making the connection between the head of the elephant and the actual band part.

Hyuk’s eyes widened when he saw the two little rings. He held out his hand slightly, accepting the one that she offered him, his eyes wide as he studied it. “Wow!” He exclaimed, a grin spreading across his face as he looked at it.

“Now don’t lose it!” Lucca pointed at him. “And don’t let Yeonnie get it either.” She pouted slightly at the thought, then looked down at the ring, slipping it on over her pointer finger.

“I won’t.” Hyuk shook his head as he slipped it on over his pointer finger as well. “I’ll keep it safe.”

“You better.” Lucca pointed at him, but then smiled as she looked at him.

“Lucca!” A loud voice called from where the apartments were. “Lucca, it’s time to come home!”

Gasping slightly, Lucca looked up at the sky for a moment. “That’s my mom…. I should go….” She pouted a little, then pointed at Hyuk’s hand. “Keep it safe.” She looked around the area for a second, but then smiled at him. “Come say bye before you guys leave.”

“Okay….” Hyuk nodded, looking at her.

“But I’ll say bye for now.” Lucca nodded, before leaning in and pressing a wet kiss to Hyuk’s cheek. His eyes shot wide open, but before he could react, she was running away from the tree towards her mother before she was called again.

 

“SangHyuk, you get yourself in here right now!”

“But hyung, I just laid down! I’m tired!”

“That’s what you get for staying out all night.”

“How do you even know when I got home?”

“Why are you arguing?” HakYeon snapped from the kitchen. “Don’t make turn this stove off and come in there!”

“Okay, fiiiiiine!” Hyuk growled as he rolled out of bed. He rubbed the back of his head, his exhaustion and crusted over eyes irritating him.

Why am I the one getting punished for everything? I was out saving the world last night. He should be grateful…. He grumbled to himself.

He stumbled into the kitchen, being met with the red-headed hyung. “I thought I was finished with all of my chores today.”

“You’re not finished until it’s your bedtime.”

MWO??!” Hyuk exclaimed. “Why not?!”

“You won’t be running off and staying out so late again if you’re exhausted, will you?” HakYeon asked as he stirred the soup.

“Isn’t this child abuse?”

“Not in this house. Now start the dish water.”

Hyuk groaned over-exaggeratingly as he moved over to the sink. “Why do you hate me?”

“If I hated you, I would let you run around and do as you pleased.” HakYeon explained.

“So then why does HongBin get to go out and do whatever he likes??”

“Because I am not HongBin’s legal guardian.”

Groaning loudly, Hyuk went over to the sink before HakYeon lectured him over the dishes again. “But-”

“Keep arguing, SangHyuk, see where it gets you.” HakYeon stated simply, walking over to the trashcan and tossing food from the fridge that had been there for a few weeks.

Closing his mouth, Hyuk stared at his older cousin for a moment. He had to force himself to not say any kind of retort, his eyes going from HakYeon to the trash that he was starting to pull out of the trashcan.

“I’m going to take this out, you had better have started on the dishes when I get back.” HakYeon stated, tying the bag up.

Hyuk huffed slightly, turning and starting the water in the sink. He looked back at HakYeon, and then back towards the sink. “Can I at least go to the bathroom?” He whined, turning to look at the elder that was already starting towards the door with the black trash bag in his hand.

“I guess so, but you better hurry up.” HakYeon shook his head slightly as he slipped his feet into his shoes.

Araseo.” Hyuk said, moving out of the kitchen and making his way towards the bathroom. His pace was bouncy at first, but as he neared the door it slowed, and he began to nonchalantly glance over his shoulder. His hand reached out towards the handle and was turning it before the older finally managed to slip out of the house.

As soon as the front door latched shut, the younger bolted down the hallway and into the room at the end on the left. The smell of oils and lotions hit his nose as he shut the door behind him, as well as a lingering scent of hair dye that sat in the room.

He leaped over the queen-sized bed and reached over to the other side where the beside table sat. Heyaked open the bottom drawer, being met with  . He yanked open the bottom drawer, being met with the large green, rectangular object sitting on the top of HakYeon’s stack of cosmetic magazines.

“I know you too well, Hyung.” Hyuk said to himself, reaching in and swiping his iPhone out. “Now I have to make this quick.” He said, unlocking his phone, scrolling through his contacts, and selecting Lucca.

 

Noona? Are you awake?

 

He waited for a few minutes, his nerves rising at the ticking time and the paranoia of HakYeon walking back into the house at any moment. He was laying there, picking at the case of his phone in attempted patience when it suddenly vibrated in his hand.

 

Neh. Why, did you want to come over or something?

 

Aniyo, I can’t.

 

What is it then?

 

He could hear the sound of the elevator kicking into gear on the ground floor, sending a wave of panic through his veins.

 

I can’t speak now. But there’s something that you don’t know about. Something about Raelyn and JaeHwan.

 

What do you mean…?

 

The sound of the working gears in the elevator died down, making the hair on the back of Hyuk’s neck stand up. He hopped up from the eldest’s bed and ran for his life down the hall, bursting into his room. He launched himself at the desk, quickly pulling out the notebook from behind the desk and slamming it down onto the surface. Flipping open to the page, he quickly snapped a picture of it and hit the send button, stumbling out of the room and barricading himself in front of it as the front door opened.

“Hyung, I wasn’t doing any-”

He stopped himself mid sentence when he realized that it was HongBin who has just come through the door instead of his cousin.

“Oh, it’s just you.”

HongBin blinked at him a couple of times. “It’s nice to be home, Hyuk.”

“So where have you been all morning?”

“The student council officers got together to discuss nominees for president next year.” HongBin explained as he slipped out of his shoes. Looking around the house, he looked back up at Hyuk. “So I see that HakYeon got ahold of you. What was it for this time?”

“Staying out until almost dawn. Again….”

HongBin chuckled slightly and shook his head. “That’ll do it.”

As if on cue, the front door opened and in walked the thin, tall man.

“Oh HongBin, you’re home.” But before he could go in for a hug, his eyes landed on Hyuk, who was turned around and bolting down the hallway. “SangHyuk, what are you- SANGHYUK!”

HongBin’s eyes widened as the sound of the furthest door opened and slammed shut.

“Han SangHyuk, you had better not be on that phone! When I get in there, I’m going to-”

The eldest’s threats faded into the sounds of Hyuk’s shouted apologies on the other side, as well and the banging on the wooden door. Having gotten used to this kind of behavior whenever Hyuk got in trouble, HongBin just let out a sigh and shook his head.

I guess I’ll help him out a little bit. He thought to himself as he moved into the bedroom.

“I’m sorry Hyung! But I had to talk to my noona!”

“You won’t be talking to anyone by the time I get through with you!” HakYeon threatened as he shoved Hyuk down the hallway. “Now get back in that kitchen and finish those dishes.”

“Alright, alright! Yeesh.” Hyuk huffed, pouting as he flattened his hair down from where HakYeon had hit him. He walked down the hall, grumbling to himself quietly as he did so. Walking past his room, he noticed that the door was open, making him raise an eyebrow before looking in.

When he did though, he almost instantly wanted to hit himself. He found HongBin standing over the desk, his hand frozen over the pages that were open on the hard wooden surface. His eyes were wide, his muscles obviously tense. Hyuk thought about running away and pretending like he hadn’t been there, but HongBin’s quiet voice was more than enough to stop him.

“When was I going to be told….?”

Freezing, Hyuk swallowed. He hadn’t expected it to come back on him at that moment, and yet there he was. “Bean-ah, I-”

“No, Hyuk. When was I going to be told?” HongBin’s voice was steadily getting louder, his eyes turning into hard daggers as he stared at the pages in front of him.

“Bean-ah, I swear, I was going to tell you tonight, I just have-”

“You were going to tell me tonight?!” HongBin cried out, his senses snapping as he Hyuk. He had his hands clenched into fists, staring at his roommate angerly. “Why? Why didn’t you think I wanted to know the second you knew? The second you even had an idea something was up?!” HongBin screamed. “Why does no one ever tell me things?! Why am I always the one left in the dark!?” He threw his hands in the air, throwing the door wide open and practically shoving Hyuk out of his way as he stormed towards the front door. “Honestly tell me! How long have you known? How long have you known, Hyuk?!”

“I-I’ve had an idea for awhile, but I never truly knew until last night, and I was going to tell you the second I got a break from everything HakYeon-Hyung was having me do.” Hyuk defended himself weakly, knowing that HongBin had every right to be angry.

The front door opened before HongBin had a chance to rip it open, JaeHwan walking in through the door. He hadn’t heard a single thing that had been going on because of the headphones he had been wearing, but he almost instantly became aware of it when he was shoved out of the doorway, his headphones getting pulled out.

“What are you-”

“I trusted you!” HongBin screamed out, his hands balling up as he stared at JaeHwan. “I trusted you…..” He was shaking, his jaw dropping slightly as he realized just how upset he was about everything.

“HongBin-ah, why are you-” HakYeon reached out towards the younger boy, trying to understand what was going. Before he could reach him though, HongBin his heel and ran out of the house. “HongBin-ah!” He cried, running towards the door and stopping when he looked out and saw him bolting down the hallway.

“What just happened….?” HakYeon asked, turning and looking at Hyuk, then at JaeHwan who was just as stunned as he was.

“Bean-ah!” JaeHwan called out dropping his stuff where he was and running out the door after his younger brother.

“What is happening?” HakYeon asked again, turning his attention to Hyuk. The younger boy had his head hanging, his hands awkwardly shifting in front of him. “Hyuk?”

Not saying anything to answer his cousin’s questions, Hyuk turned and slowly made his way back to the kitchen. He the sink, trying to distract himself from what had just happened. When JaeHwan came back into the apartment though, Hyuk’s eyes only barely lifted to him.

The elder’s face showed an emotion somewhere between despair, guilt, and anger, his jaw clenched as his eyes stayed down at the ground. He hadn’t come back with HongBin, and Hyuk knew that the younger was probably never going to be able to fully talk to JaeHwan again.

“JaeHwan, what is going on?” HakYeon demanded to know, his eyes trying to find his friend’s.

Pushing past him, JaeHwan could only shake his head, that desperate look never leaving his face as he walked down the hallway to his own bedroom. HakYeon was determined to figure out what was going on though, and went into the kitchen to talk to Hyuk. “SangHyuk, just tell me what is going on in this house.”

Turning off the water, Hyuk let out a sigh. “I…I don’t think I should be the one who tells you….”

 

The blue axiom pulled up in front of the house and pulled into park. Inside the vehicle, Raelyn turned the engine off and pulled the keys out of the ignition. She let out a small sigh, taking in the scents of the green onions and sweet chicken that were seated in the back, the conflicting smells upsetting the lack-of-appetite in her stomach.

After taking yet another breath, she hopped out of the car, gathered up the groceries, and headed up to the front door.

“Lucca~” She called into the house, shutting the door behind her. “I’m home.”

But the house remained silent, instantly worrying Raelyn.

“Lucca?” She called again, moving into the kitchen. She set the groceries down and turned around to head out of the room to look for her sister, but was met with the red-headed ghost standing in the doorway.

“Oh, Lucca!” Raelyn said, holding her hand over her heart. “There you are. Why didn’t you answer me?”

The younger didn’t reply though. Raelyn only got a blank stare from her sister, instantly making her nerves bunch up. Ignoring it, she cleared and turned to the groceries.

“Um, I brought home some sweet chicken.” She said ecstatically, holding up the clear box for her to see. “I had a little extra money today, so I thought I’d splurge.”

“Raelyn.”

The demanding tone in her sister’s voice made Raelyn’s bubble manner disappear.

“Um, neh?”

“What the hell happened between you and JaeHwan?”

The question sent Raelyn’s entire stomach flying into . She could only stare at her sister as the threatening silence filled the room, the words jumbling up within her. Every excuse she could have thought of passed through her brain, but almost as soon as they crossed her mind they were shut down by something or another.

After a moment, she let out a deep, shaky sigh.

“Alright… look….”