I Want Something Different

Girl You Gotta Hot Body!

Laying back on the couch, HakYeon stretched out slightly. It had been awhile since he had been able to sit on the couch and not have to worry about taking someone else’s seat. Now, though, he was sitting there waiting for the person that used to always occupy the living room. He sighed softly, staring at his feet. He contemplated calling Ravi, but he didn’t want to be a bother. Ever since the younger had gotten his own room, HakYeon never saw him.

That simple fact was starting to tear HakYeon down.

He didn’t know why it was bothering him so badly - he knew that he could just talk to anyone else in the house. But not seeing Ravi around anymore, HakYeon was starting to tear his hair out about it. He sat in the living room, unsure of what to do. All of the kids had already gone home, JaeHwan and Leo were still out working or out with other people, and HongBin and Hyuk were stowed away in their room studying.

Laying down slowly on the couch, HakYeon let out a breath. This was the second time in under a week that Ravi had gone missing, and it was starting to bother HakYeon more than he could ever put into words. He put his head on his hand, trying to relax and tell himself that Ravi was alright, but he couldn’t help but worry that something was way worse than he was thinking.

Almost twenty minutes later, HakYeon was still laying on the couch. He was staring blankly at the wall in front of him where the TV was placed. He hadn’t turned it on, and he could hear the gentle snoring that was coming from Hyuk and HongBin’s room. HakYeon had no idea which had passed out, but he wasn’t going to bother them.

Glancing up at the clock, HakYeon saw that it was already six. Sighing, he cuddled a little closer to the couch. He didn’t want to sit there and think about it, but HakYeon had no other choice. He stared at the TV, wondering if maybe he should turn it on. He sighed softly, not really feeling like watching TV. After a few moments though, he didn’t need to wonder about it.

The door creaked open slowly, and a tall figure slipped past it. He was wearing a snap back over his dark brown hair, and he had a light jacket pulled over his shoulders. After kicking off his shoes, Ravi pulled up his pants. He let out a small sigh before pulling his phone out and looking down at it.

Jumping up faster than he necessarily needed to, HakYeon hit his shin against the table. Yelping, he sat back down. He reached down, gently rubbing his leg.

Before he could get up though, Ravi was sitting beside him, the phone that had been in his hand now in the snap back he was setting on the table. “Are you okay?” Ravi asked, looking down at HakYeon’s leg for a moment. His dark brown hair flopped forward now that it wasn’t held down under his hat.

Blushing slightly, HakYeon nodded. “Y-yeah, I’m fine….” He let go of his leg, watching Ravi for a moment. “What about you…?”

“What about me?” Ravi asked, glancing up at HakYeon. “I’m not the one that just nailed my shin into the table.” He chuckled softly, passing his hand lightly over HakYeon’s leg to feel if there was any swelling or bumps.

“I’m talking about the fact that you’ve been gone all day…. Again….” HakYeon sighed softly, looking at Ravi. “It seems like since you’ve gotten that room you’ve just been gone the entire time. I’ve seen you a total of four times including now since you moved in there….”

Blinking slightly, Ravi sat up. He met HakYeon’s eyes, leveling himself with the elder. “I thought you wanted me to get out more, I mean….”

“Well, getting out more doesn’t mean never coming home.” HakYeon whined slightly.

Ravi blinked again, staring at HakYeon. He took in the distraught features of the elder, the way his eyebrows scrunched up and his lips turned down in a frown. Thinking about why he had been gone, Ravi wondered how distraught HakYeon would be if he knew the truth. “I’m home now.” Ravi let a small smile cross his lips as he tried to make the elder feel better. “And I’ll sit out here with you if you want me to….”

“Well, I guess....” HakYeon wasn’t willing to admit how much he wanted to hear that from the younger. He leaned back into the couch, looking at Ravi with a side glance. “You sure you don’t have some crazy adventure to run on again?”

Picking up the TV remote, Ravi laughed a little. “Does the Playful Kiss marathon count?” He asked, glancing at HakYeon.

“With you?” HakYeon chuckled slightly. “Yes.”

 

Knock, knock, knock.

HakYeon looked at the time, then at the door. Anyone that would be knocking at the door had already come, so he had no idea who it was. Walking past the slightly ajar door that led to Hyuk and HongBin’s room, HakYeon glanced in to find Hyuk sitting and playing on his phone instead of studying. Scoffing slightly, HakYeon shook his head, deciding to scold the younger later.

“Hello…?” HakYeon pulled the door open, confused as to who would be there.

When he opened the door, he was pleasantly surprised to find the tall woman looking down at her phone for a moment. When she looked up, her glasses slid slightly down her nose, her bun bouncing a little when she moved her head. Seeing HakYeon, she grinned broadly. “Yeonnie~!” She called out.

“Lucca~” he smiled, moving so she could enter the house. “What are you doing here? JaeHwan is still at work.”

“I know, I came for you.” Lucca laughed, walking into the house. She smiled as she looked at HakYeon. “I wanted to see if you were busy.”

“If I was busy…?” HakYeon looked around the house, but then looked back at Lucca. “Um, not really. I’m just kind of sitting here right now. All of the kids already left.”

“Well, do you want to go with me then?” Lucca asked excitedly.

“Go with you to what…?”

“To go and get my hair done. If you really want to get yours done too, I’ll pay for it, but I just wanted to know if you wanted to go with me?” Lucca pleaded slightly, holding her hands together and pouting a little at him.

Blinking, HakYeon looked around. “I guess I can…. SangHyuk, get back to studying and stop playing on that phone. Don’t make me take it back already.”

Lucca laughed, looking into the room at Hyuk. “Why aren’t you at study hall anyways?”

“I skipped it today.” Hyuk laughed, looking up at Lucca. “So I’m here instead.”

“More like you’ve been skipping it for two and a half weeks and they’re going to start calling me.” HakYeon shook his head as he looked in at Hyuk as well. “But I mean it, SangHyuk, if you let your grades start slipping because of this, I’ll get you.”

“I know, I know~” Hyuk waved his hand slightly before he set the phone down. “I’m getting to it, don’t worry.”

“Alright…. I’ll be back later then. Don’t burn the house down.” HakYeon instructed, pulling the door closed slowly.

“I won’t.”

HakYeon shook his head slightly as he closed the door. Going over to the pile of shoes, he kicked past everyone else’s, finding his own and slipping his feet into them. “So where exactly are we going then…?”

“It’s the same salon that Raelyn works at, I just need to get my hair dyed again, so I’m going in.” Lucca shrugged a little. She stood and waited as HakYeon picked his jacket out of the multitude of jackets that hung from the little hooks on the wall.

“Ah, alright.” HakYeon nodded as he slipped into the jacket. Once he was ready, he pulled open the door and let Lucca go out before him. He sent one last glance towards Hyuk’s door, then closed the door behind him. He followed Lucca to the car, climbing into the passenger seat.

From the apartment, it took a total of fifteen minutes to get to the salon. When they did, HakYeon smiled slightly, looking at Lucca curiously. “Raelyn-ssi works here?”

Neh.” Lucca nodded, smiling at HakYeon. “Why?”

“This is where we always used to come to get our hair done too.” HakYeon nodded.

“Oh really? That’s awesome.” Lucca nodded, laughing a moment as she turned off the car. “Let’s go then.” She pushed open the door, climbing out and waiting for HakYeon on the sidewalk. He met her, following her up to the building. Inside was warm and welcoming compared to the chill the outside air held. Inside, there were four women standing around, all of them gathered around the counter and talking back and forth with each other.

Lucca almost instantly picked one of them out though. “Raelyn? What are you doing here, I thought you were off on Tuesdays.”

“I thought you had work on Tuesdays.” Raelyn laughed, pointing at Lucca.

“Fair enough.” Lucca shrugged. “I took off early today, so I came in.” She laughed, then gestured to HakYeon. “And he joined me today.”

“I see that.” Raelyn nodded. “You came just in time for me to go on break though, so they’re going to have to help you.” She laughed, pointing at Lucca and HakYeon. “Don’t worry, they’ll take care of you.” She smiled as she moved to a chair and sat down.

Looking around the salon, HakYeon saw all of the different supplies and things that were used for the customers. He saw the small hallway that led to the back, and then he saw the three women that were moving back to where they belonged, one behind the desk, the other two moving to set up their stations. He looked at Lucca, and then smiled slightly. “So what are you getting done again?”

“I’m just getting my hair dyed. I might get it trimmed a little too.” She looked at him, a small smile forming. “Why, now that we’re here, you’re starting to feel a little adventurous?”

“I might as well. I’m already here.” HakYeon shrugged a little, turning and looking at himself slightly in the mirror. “I want something different.”