We Will Make It Right

Girl You Gotta Hot Body!

The sounds of passing cars and a busy city had faded long ago, causing Raelyn to feel squeamish in these new surroundings.

"What possessed me to think that is wearing these stupid things today were a good idea...?" She let out a groan as her heel buried itself in the gravel road. After yanking it out and regaining her balance, she let out a sigh and pulled the the small piece of paper up to her eyes. "I have been walking around for an hour, yet I still can't find this stupid dojang thing that HakYeon was talking about...."

After sitting in her own thoughts for a couple minutes, she almost decided to give up and go home, but fighting her urges she managed to talk herself into continuing on for just a little while longer.

After walking around for another good twenty minutes, she was on the urge of giving up when she suddenly came across a fork in the road.

"GODDAMMIT." She cursed, ready to fall in on herself. Once again, she referenced back to the piece of paper and, not finding anything in the directions mentioning a split path, she lifted her head to the sky and let out a large shriek of despair.

"Who the hell gives directions without giving all of the directions?!" She ventured herself over to a rock that sat on the side of the path and plopped down, fighting her urge to cry. "HakYeon, you might be older than me, but I am going to kill you when I find my way out of these stupid woods."

She had taken her shoes off and was in the middle of massaging her poor, abused feet when the small sound of murmured words broke through the sound of her own grumbling. Looking down the right path towards where the words were coming from, she saw two people walking - a woman in business attire, and a small child wearing a white dobok.

"So what did you learn today?" She woman's question immediately made the child's face light up with excitement.

"Sahbumnim taught us how to do a basic low block today!"

"Oh, he did?"

"Neh~ It was fun, but SaeYook accidentally kicked me in the leg and now it hurts, but it's okay because Sahbumnim taught me how to stretch my leg so it doesn't hurt as much later and taught everyone how to stop themselves if the other person isn't blocking correctly."

The child rambled on and on as the two passed Raelyn. She stared after them for a moment, and then looked back down the path to find more children in doboks walking down the path with their parents.

Well, that looks like a good place to start.

After another good ten minutes of walking, Raelyn finally came upon a decline in the path. Upon reaching its peak, she looked down and found that, in a crater-like hole in the terrain, sat the building. Its structure was that of a c-shape, and had porches such as those on a hanok - or traditional Korean housing. In the opening the lay between the housing was a large field filled with grass that had been trampled on and flattened from the feet of students.

With bare feet, she approached the building in caution. The area was quiet aside from some barely audible shuffling and other noises that came from inside, causing her to worry that there was still a class going on.

"Um... excuse me?" She called into a door that had been left open. She walked down the entirety of the porch, feeling the cold air that passed through the open doors of the empty dojang that she couldn't decide was peaceful or entirely too creepy for her tastes.

It wasn't until she reached the other side of the building when she was met with a closed door, as well as the muffled noises that she had heard earlier. Upon further inspection, she realized that these noises were not the ones of a class still in session, but something else entirely, so with timidity she reached up and tapped lightly on the wooden frame.

"Um... anneyonghaseyo...?"

The noises suddenly stopped, silencing the area once again and sending a wave of chills up Raelyn's back. Her ears strained in an attempt to hear anything aside from the wind that ran through the trees and the building, but she failed miserably. It was apparent to her that whoever was inside wanted to be left alone, so she slowly began to turn away. As she was mentally readying herself for the long trip back to the city, the door suddenly slid open behind her, sending her into a state of shock.

A pair of harsh eyes stared out at her from the darkness inside, sending waves of panic over her body that made her freeze in her tracks. However, the anger faded as the door slid open a little further, and Raelyn was suddenly met with a confused, sweaty looking TaekWoon still in his dobok.

Raelyn let out a sigh of ultimate relief. "Oh Leo, it's just you-"

Before she could finish her sentence, however, the irritation returned and the door was slammed shut.

"W-wait! Leo-ssi...." Hesitantly, she reached out and slid the door open a crack, peeking into the dark abyss after him. "I have something of yours..." When her eyes adjusted, she noticed that training gear and items of clothing were strewn out across the room. "Something that you might have been looking for."

There was a pause in the air after she had said this, and then the door was slowly opened once more. When he did so, Raelyn noticed that the room wasn't the typical training room that would be allowed the students of the dojang, but instead looked remotely similar to that of a dining room.

Her attention was snapped back to him, as his towering silence was demanding. After a moment, she cleared and timidly began to explain herself.

"I believe that this is yours." She reached into her bag and pulled out the little square object that she had been holding onto for the past couple days. "You dropped it at the cafe the other day. I would have returned it to you sooner, but you were never home." She let out a laugh. "I went by once every day, but Ravi was the only one home, and he would just turn me away. I finally got ahold of HakYeon, and he gave me the directions to this place." She laughed again and rubbed the back of her head. "You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find this place. It took me an entire hour alone just to...." She trailed off as her eyes met his piercing ones, and after a moment, she cleared . "But, um... here."

He looked down at the object as she held it out to him, and immediately recognized it as that wallet that he had been tearing the dojang apart to find. He felt his body let out the stress he had been wallowing in the past couple of days and breathe in the fresh air of relief as he reached out and received his wallet from her. As he did so, he was suddenly met with the situation that he realized that he never wanted to be put in - to thank this woman.

He stared down at the wallet, his body motionless aside from the slow grinding of his teeth in his absolute dread of the situation.

He was saved, however, when Raelyn cleared in attempt to fix the awkward situation.

"Again, I'm sorry it was returned to you so late...." She looked past him and into the home-like room. "But, to make up for it, I could help you clean up a little-"

The door was once again slammed in her face mid-sentence, catching her off guard. Hurt, she quickly ran over to the next door and peered in.

"Honestly, I wouldn't want you to have to do it by yourself!"

Leo let out a sigh and moved over into the room that she was peering into, grabbing the door by the frame and slamming it shut.

Raelyn jumped back before her fingers could be caught in the collision. Almost immediately, she raced over to the other door. When that was slammed into her face, she repeated the action again and again, scampering her way all the way across to the other side of the porch.

She reached the last door breathlessly. "Seriously, I'm already here, so I don't mind-"

Her nose was met with the thin paper once again, and after a moment she let out a sigh.

"Okay... You want me to leave. I understand that." She said to him through the door. "Returning your wallet wasn't the only thing I came up here for though. I also wanted to apologize to you...."

Leo stood in the dark room on the other side of the door. He didn't want to listen to her words, yet at the same time he found that he couldn't move from his spot.

"New Years Eve... I know that you were there." She started. "And I know that you know everything... I also know that, because of that, I have offended you in some way. And although I do not know those reasonings, I know that your ideals must be very dear to you."

The words shot through TaekWoon's heart, causing his irritation to flare up.

"I don't know if you knew this or not," She continued, "But, two months ago, JaeHwan and I made a promise that we would let everything out of the bag."

Unable to hold his tongue any longer, Leo snapped, "You see how well that has worked out."

The words slapped Raelyn in the face, but she only let out a small chuckle and looked down at the wooden boards. "I know... things never seem to work out as planned." She looked back up at the door, as if she was staring up at the man on the inside. "I know that I do not know the entire story as to why you disdain me as much as you do... But I can promise you that we will make everything right."

It took everything that Leo had not to let out a laugh of pure disbelief. Instead, he just let her words fall into utter silence, become useless, and let her sit in her own empty promises.

Raelyn felt her heart breaking with every passing second, but after a moment she smiled a sad grin.

"You want me to leave. I understand." She turned away, but was stopped in her tracks by the shooting pains that went up her feet and through her legs. "But first, please allow me to sit down and give my feet a rest... it was a long trip up here, you know."

As she laughed nervously and took a seat on the porch, Leo took this as an end to the conversation and began to work his way back through and to the other side of the building where he had been scavenging through earlier. When he opened the door, he walked back into the messy room that had been met with a tornado. After staring at it for a moment, he slowly began to pick up the scattered items around the room and put them back in their rightful place.

He picked up the pair of sweatpants that he had decided to wear that day, and out slipped his phone onto the hard floor. In a near panic, he quickly snatched the electronic up to audit for any damages. Once he checked out with an okay, he let out a breath of relief.

It was then that he realized that the long-lost wallet he was now holding in his hand wasn't the only object that had been brought back to him in someone else's time. He stared down at the two objects in his hands, the gears in his brain working almost ten fold.

The evening sunlight hit him in the eyes through the crack in the door as it set in the West. He raised his hand to the level of his eyes as he moved over to the door to shut it. When he reached it, however, he caught sight of the woman all the way on the other side of the dojang. She sat with one leg hanging over the side of the porch and the other to her chest, massaging one foot as the other barely skimmed the grass. He watched as she grimaced in pain when she happened to hit a sensitive spot while she rubbed her foot, and then look up with a deep breath and smile at her surroundings.

Leo continued to stare at her for another minute before turning his attention back down to the objects in his hand. Suddenly, his phone vibrated and lit up as he received a message. Upon further inspection, he saw that it was from HakYeon.

 

Did Raelyn make up up there okay?

 

Staring at it for another moment, Leo let out a sigh. However, when he looked back out the door and over to where the woman had been sitting, he found that it was now vacant.