Raelyn, You Idiot....

Girl You Gotta Hot Body!

"Raelyn!"

Raelyn jumped, the scissors she was holding nearly falling out of her hands. "Neh?"

Her co-worker, a tall woman with asymmetrical bleach blond hair that reached her ear on one side and her jaw line on the other, stared at the shorter woman in confusion. "I asked if I could borrow your blow dryer. Mine finally blew, and I have to order a new one."

"Oh, uh, sure Natsuki. Here." Raelyn handed the handheld machine to her co-worker and redirected her attention back at her client in the chair. Her eyes widened when she noticed that she had cut a section shorter than the rest. Thinking quickly, she trimmed the surrounding area to match before setting her utensils down and rubbing the back of her head. "Alright you're all finished come again!" Her words slurred as she hurriedly rushed the customer to the cashier. As they were paying, she dragged herself over to her station and slumped down in the chair, placing her head in her hand.

"Thank you, come again." Natsuki bowed to her finished client with a smile before turning her attention towards Raelyn. "Girl, what is up with you today?"

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"I mean you're all funky today, with all those blank stares and uneven cutting." She took a seat in her own clientele chair and leaned towards Raelyn. "They're cutting people next week; you've only been with us for a couple of months, and you do not need these 'masterpieces' you're sending out into the world on your portfolio."

Raelyn let out a sigh and rubbed her temples. "I know, I know... It's just...." There was a pause in her voice. She stared blankly at the wall until she could no longer hold back the grin that was tugging at the corners of . "I met this great guy-"

"Did I hear something about a guy?" The baby-blue headed SeoYoung seemed to pop out of nowhere, her long curls bouncing as she pulled up a chair and sat down beside them. "Raelyn? You found someone?"

"Don't interrogate her, Youngie." Natsuki scolded, but then she turned back to Raelyn. "But seriously, tell us all of the details!"

"Where did you meet him? How old is he? What does he do?"

"Now hold on, hold on! One question at a time!" Raelyn laughed, holding her hands up.

"What does he look like?"

His image popped into Raelyn's head immediately, sending a bright red flush over her cheeks. "He is probably one of the most beautiful men that I have ever laid eyes on...."

"Oooh~" SeoYoung cooed. "He sounds so dreamy!"

"What is his occupation?" Natsuki asked. Raelyn stared at her for a moment, but then chuckled lightly and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Well, erm... he's still in school."

"At least he cares about his education." SeoYoung chimed in, pouting. "My boyfriend's works at a noodle shop...."

"That's because you never really cared for school either."

"Sikeuro...."

"What college does he go to?" Natsuki asked.

Raelyn cleared and tugged at her collar, becoming flustered. "Well, you see-"

"What a boring question." SeoYoung interrupted. "You never told us what he looks like!"

After a second Raelyn sighed and leaned back into her chair, staring up at the wall in contemplation. "Well, let's see...." She bit her lip in pause. "He's tall and slim, with soft and silky hair that most women would kill for. He has one of the most gorgeous, genuine smiles that would melt your heart...." She let out a deep sigh, her eyes becoming distant as she imagined him. "And his dimples... his dimples are just... perfect."

The front door bell chimed, and Natsuki immediately stood up from her seat.

"HongBin-ah! Anneyonghaseyo!"

Raelyn was pulled out of her trance by the mention of the name. Slowly she sat up and turned around in curiosity; this curiosity was instantly replaced with shock when her eyes lay upon the tall and fair man standing in the doorway. He bowed back to Natsuki, the smile on his face causing the dimples in his cheeks to peek out.

Annyonghaseyo~” He replied. Out of the corner of his eye he could see a figure staring straight at him, causing him to look over. When his eyes landed on the short woman, however, his face dropped, and relit brighter than it had been before.

“Ah, Raelyn-ssi! Anneyonghaseyo!”

Her heart pounded against her chest as HongBin bowed deeply to her, she bowed back to him, her eyes only staring at him as he face flushed a deep shade of red.

A...annyong...haseyo….” The words kind of rolled out of in her stupor, unable to say anything else as her legs slowly brought her closer to him.

“What a coincidence.” He continued, his eyes only on her, “What are you doing here?”

“Um… I work here.” She sheepishly replied, causing his eyes widen.

Jjinjja? Since when?”

Raelyn opened to say something, but nothing came out. Instead, Natsuki walked up beside her. “She joined us a couple months ago.” The taller said, staring puzzledly down at Raelyn. After a moment she looked up at HongBin. “But speaking of a couple of months, why haven’t you been around recently?”

HongBin chuckled and rubbed the back of his head. “I’ve been really caught up with school lately.” He said, the words seeming to strike something in the expressions of both Natsuki and SeoYoung.

“So you’re still in school?” SeoYoung asked, staring at Raelyn as she came up to join the conversation. “ thought you had graduated already.”

Aniya, I’m graduating this year.” He explained. He looked back at Raelyn with a smile. “I didn’t know you worked here, Raelyn. That’s really cool!”

Her eyes were wide as the flush in her face moved to her ears. After a moment of confused staring, her expression melted into the of a dopey grin and she let out a low, giddy laugh that sounded remotely similar to a goat bleat. A second later she looked over at SeoYoung and Natsuki, who were giving her a cocked eyebrow and a highly confused stare.

“So, HongBin-ah. The usual?” Natsuki asked, gesturing to her styling chair.

Neh.”

 

A large sigh protruded from Raelyn’s lips as she walked through the front door. He dropped her bag and leaned up against the door, clutching her hand over her chest.

“That boy….” She said to herself. After a second, she kicked off her shoes and bolted through the house.

“LUCCA~”

Looking around, Raelyn tried to find her sister around the first floor of the house. Checking in the living room and the kitchen, she found that her sister was nowhere to be found. “LUCCA~!” She called out again as she checked down the hallway for any lights on. When she didn’t see any, she decided to check upstairs. Walking up the stairs, she heard movement and knew that Lucca was somewhere around.

“Lucca!” She called out again as she looked around. Walking by the bathroom, a wave of clean smells hit her, making her look into the normally slightly messy bathroom. Everything was picked up and a hint of lemon was wafting through the air. Scrunching her eyebrows together, Raelyn looked away from the orderly bathroom. Down the hall she could hear humming, and instantly her confusion grew even more.

Pushing the door open a little more, Lucca came out dancing slightly to the song in her head, a blanket wrapped around her arm. She had a slight smile on her face as she finished folding the blanket and placed it on it’s pile in front of the door.

“Are…. Are you cleaning the linen closet??” Raelyn asked loudly, looking at the blankets and sheets and other linens that were stacked on the ground.

Looking up in surprise, Lucca instantly stopped humming to stare at Raelyn. A smile crept back over her face though, a her teeth showing slightly as she nodded. “Yes! I cleaned the bathroom and both of our rooms too!” She stated excitedly.

“You cleaned-” Raelyn’s face dropped as she ran back to her room and threw open the door to see what had been done. Sure enough, all of the dishes were gone, the floor was picked up and her clothes were hung up in her closet.

A shocked Raelyn leaned against the wall at the sight, slumping down to the ground as if in defeat and placing a hand against her head. “Now I’ll never be able to find anything….”

“Don’t worry, I put all your stuff where it’s supposed to go, so it shouldn’t be hard.” Lucca replied before stopping and taking a moment to pass a thought. “I don’t even know why I bothered, it’s just going to be a mess in a week anyways…”

“What was that?” Raelyn asked.

“Oh nothing, just talking to myself….”

Raelyn stared over at Lucca, who seemed to be in an oddly good mood. The older woman narrowed her eyes suspiciously at the younger, cocking to the side in contemplation.

“Well, it’s been a long day, I think I’m going to go into my room and get my robe so I can take a shower now….” Raelyn said, standing up and never taking her eyes off Lucca for a second.

“Okay.”

Raelyn continued staring for a long moment before narrowing her eyes and slowly backing into her bedroom. Lucca didn’t notice the door slowly closing to a crack as she was finishing refolding the sheets. A little tune played through her head, and she began singing the lyrics that she remembered from the song as she finished packing the linen neatly into the closet, only to end up dropping a couple from surprise when Raelyn’s door burst open with a force.

“You tell me what the hell happened last night right this minute, young lady.”

Staring at Raelyn in surprise, Lucca blinked a moment before she leaned down and started picking up the linens she had dropped. “I-I have n-no idea what you’re talking about…….” She stuttered, shaking her head in feigned innocence.

“Bull, you don’t sing.”

“....well damn.”

“Something happened, didn’t it?”

Lucca continued to stare at her sister. “No…..” She shook her head slightly, looking away before her sister could see the light color that was starting to cover her cheeks. “Nothing happened.” She shook her head again, glancing back up at Raelyn.

The staredown commenced and lasted until Raelyn made a in the eyebrow, and suddenly Lucca couldn’t hold her feels back as a smile covered her face.

“Fine, you win! God, you pull out those eyes, and I can’t take it!” Lucca pouted slightly at Raelyn, then looked down at the linen that was balled up in her hands. “We went out yesterday, and Ken’s car ended up breaking down, then we ended up falling in a frozen lake and staying out until two in the morning, but that’s not the important part!” Lucca shook her head, turning and stuffing the linen into the closet.

Half expecting some sort of response, Lucca waited for a moment. When Raelyn didn’t say anything though, she looked down at her hand as she slowly pushed the linen closet door shut.

“We may or may not have… maybe…. I don’t know….”

“What?”

“We may or may not have kissed before he left last night…..” Lucca admitted quietly, nervous about what Raelyn was going to say.

Another staredown commenced, Raelyn’s face completely blank. Lucca’s was filled with worry as she stared at her older sister; before long, however, she watched Raelyn’s face ever-so-slowly form into a gay little smile.

“Tell. Me. Everything.”

“You really want me to tell you everything…?” Lucca raised her eyebrow slightly. “You’re sure you won’t chase him down or something….?”

“We don’t even have enough gas in the car to drive out to where he works, so no, of course not.”

“Just making sure.” Lucca laughed as she smiled brightly over at Raelyn. She leaned slightly against the wall as she started to explain how they finally made it home before he left. Lucca didn’t leave out the feelings that were running through her when it happened, or how it physically felt. “And his bottom lip sticks out in just the right way that my lips fit right around it…..” Lucca sighed gently as she leaned against the wall, her eyes drifting up towards the ceiling as she continued thinking about the events from the night before.

Raelyn’s excitement, however turned to disgust; as her sister went on and on, Raelyn merely recollected this information as she had experienced it before. Even the little jut in his lip that Lucca spoke of, Raelyn knew it well - she had had fun with the easy-to-bite target.

She didn’t notice her face twisting into that of distraught until Lucca pointed it out.

“Are you okay, Raelyn?”

She was pulled out of her state of mind at this, quickly fixing her expression.

“Oh, uh… neh.”

Lucca narrowed her eyes at her. “You’re upset about this, aren’t you? I knew you would be….”

Aniya!!” Raelyn shrieked, catching her sister off guard. She lowered her voice and gave her a small smile. “I’m happy for you. Really, I am.”

Before Lucca could say anything, Raelyn slipped into her bedroom, closing the door behind her. After a moment she heard Lucca simply shrug it off and return to what she had been doing. The sound of Lucca’s humming made the guilt rise up in Raelyn’s stomach, and she knew that she was going to have some serious acid reflux later. The thought of her going out and telling her sister everything passed through her head - she knew it was the right things to do, but the sound of her sister happily moving around the house was something that she didn’t want to ruin. This was a change, almost a break away from the stress of work. Even though she really hated the guy, Raelyn knew that JaeHwan was someone that made Lucca happy….

“JaeHwan, you idiot….”

 

“Hyuunnnnggggg……” Hyuk complained, holding the trash bag loosely as he looked at HakYeon. “It’s not even spring, why are we spring cleaning…..?” He whined.

“Because, SangHyuk, we have to get the house clean before the people come to look at it.” HakYeon stated, tossing a pile of trash into the bag that Hyuk was holding.

Groaning, Hyuk pouted at HakYeon for a moment. When HakYeon pulled away from the younger though, Ken went between them. He was humming happily to himself, a small smile spread across his face as he went about his duties with dusting. Turning just barely, not really watching what he was doing, Ken ended up dusting off Hyuk’s face, making the younger instantly cringe away.

When Ken continued on his way, Hyuk made a slight spitting sound, making a sour face at the elder. “Someone’s in a good mood….” He muttered, watching as Ken continued dusting off everything.

“He is in a rather remarkable mood….” HakYeon agreed, bringing another pile of trash over to where Hyuk was and dumping it into the bag. “But maybe you should be too! Then everything would get done faster.”

“But Hyung!” Hyuk complained again. “I don’t even like all these kids around most the time…. They always just come in and jump all over HongBin and I when we’re trying to study….!” Hyuk stated as HongBin passed by them as well, loud enough he would hear him.

The boy didn’t even pretend like he heard Hyuk though, a small smile playing on his face as he went down the hallway with the vacuum cleaner in hand. He moved away slowly, a small happy gait in his step.

“And there he goes too….” Hyuk sighed heavily, looking back at HakYeon, who was now looking from Ken to HongBin.

“Why are they in such good moods anyways?” HakYeon asked, watching as they moved around happily. “They’re both usually really grumpy on Sundays….”

Almost on cue, the two ran right into each other in one of the doorways. Both of their smiles instantly fell as they stumbled back from each other. Staring at each other for a moment, everyone could feel the sudden drop in the atmosphere.

“Oh, there they are….” HakYeon murmured, looking down at the stuff he was going through as he listened to them awkwardly shuffling around each other. He glanced up at them, watching as HongBin disappeared into the room and Ken started walking back down the hallway. He almost asked Ken what was up when he heard a loud call from the laundry room.

“Who’s even are these? I’ve never seen them before! And what are these, bells…..?”

Looking up to where the voice was coming from, HakYeon and Hyuk never noticed Ken freeze up slightly. All three of them went to the laundry room, Ken moving a little faster than the other two to see what the commotion was about. HakYeon still managed to get there first though, reaching in and grabbing the bells of the pants.

“Who’s…..?”

“They’re mine!” Ken snapped, holding up his hand as he pushed in to look into the laundry room. Snatching the boxers away from Ravi, he glanced at all of the others that were staring at him funny. “What? Can a man not buy his own boxers from time-to-time? God, what’s wrong with you guys!?”

“Okay….” Ravi held his hands up, shaking his head slightly. He watched as Ken folded the boxers and turned to leave, walking away from the laundry room.

Heading to his room, Ken shook his head as he pushed open the door. He didn’t realize that Leo was in there cleaning out his trash can into a bigger trashbag, and he froze for a moment. The elder looked up at Ken, noticed the boxers in his hands, and instantly Leo’s gaze turned icy. He finished clearing out the trash can, and turned to leave without  a word. Leo’s eyes said more than enough, but Ken couldn’t read them.

Once Leo left, Ken cleared his throat slightly. “Well that was weird….” He muttered to himself, tossing the boxers onto the floor in front of his dresser. Staring at them for a moment, he shook his head and turned to go back to his chores. Raelyn, you idiot….