An Unremembered Past

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You thought so much about working on the guy you hated but you have no choice. You need money. You called his number that Taeyeon gave you. You told him to meet you at the park near the university, the place where you met each other. He agreed.

At the park…

“What, now?” He asked and rolled his eyes. You noticed him rolled his eyes but didn’t mind that. “I’ve thought about the job…” You said and lowered your head. He hissed. “Look, you’re going to be with me always. And I hate being with someone I don’t even know.”

You thought what you are going to say. It seems like you’ve lost what to say when he said you’re going to be with him always.

“Don’t tell me you need----” He was supposed to ask you if you need money that’s why you’re accepting the job. But you cut him off not wanting to get embarrassed by the truth that you really need money. “Please accept me for the job.” You quickly said. “Well, I’ll think about it.” He said and stormed out in front of you. You were shocked about him leaving all of a sudden and you puffed your cheeks.

--

Kyungsoo’s phone rang. An unknown number flashed on his screen. He answered it and the voice is familiar. It’s Taeyeon.

“Kyungsoo-yah” She called… “How could you use local number, noona?” He asked. Taeyeon laughed. “By chance, you’re here in Korea?” Kyungsoo asked and opened the door to look for her outside. “Yes.” She said. “Jagiya, who is that?” A man’s voice talked to her in the background. Kyungsoo heard that. “Ja-ja-jagiya?? Noona? Are you with someone?” He asked. “Ohhh, he’s my fiancée. Meet him soon, okay?” Taeyeon answered and felt butterflies when she heard him called her ‘Jagiya’… “Fiancee? Noona----”Kyungsoo didn’t finish his words when Taeyeon ended the call.

--

At your apartment.

Mwoya? Is he acting like that because I yelled at him before? Eottokhe? It wasn’t my fault at all. He even spilled his coffee onto me. You thought. It’s Sunday tomorrow and you have to make sure you’re going to have a job ready whenever he won’t accept you for the job.

“Eunji-ah… Something bothers you?” Seohyun asked when she noticed you thinking of something. “Eh?” You looked at her. “Are you going to be that guy’s personal assistant?” She asked. You thought. “Not sure. If I do, please leave it as a secret between you and me, huh?” You answered and begged her to not say this to your friends. She smiled and nodded for an agreement.

--

Still, not knowing where to find a job, you keep on thinking whether that guy will accept you. You still never had the chance to know his name because everything happened all of a sudden and there’s no time for it. You are alone inside the theater. You want to be alone for a while. Its lunch break but you made an excuse to your friends that you can’t go with them. You heard footsteps coming from your back so you turned and look for who it was. She’s familiar. You could remember her now. She’s Bang Min Ah, the famous girl and also one of the new members of your club. She walks better than you and she’s really pretty. You can’t deny it. “Ahh, I never thought the theater would be open without a schedule.” Min Ah said while walking towards you. You stood up from your seat and faced her. “Well, I need time alone.” You said. “Tell me, since when you were a member?” She asked and it seems like she’s judging you from head to toe. “3 years.” You answered and noticed her looking at you from top to bottom. “Jinjja? You must be an officer now.” She said and flipped her hair. You nodded. She smiled and her phone rang. She excused herself and went out of the theater.

--

Kyungsoo, who is trying to get his way to the music room near the theater bumped into Min Ah who just came out from the theater. She was on her phone talking to someone and she didn’t saw Kyungsoo coming. Min Ah almost fell off her heels but Kyungsoo caught her. It was quick. “Kwaenchanha?” Kyungsoo asked. Min Ah is just looking at him, wonderstruck. “Ah, yes yes…” She nodded and smiled. “Okay, sorry I have to go.” Kyungsoo said because he’s going to the music room meeting with his friends. Min Ah was left there; she forgotten that she was on the phone a while ago.

--

Kyungsoo entered the music room. “Why ask me to go here?” Kyungsoo asked. “Chen and Xiumin hyung came back.” Suho explained. Chen and Xiumin are sitting near Kris that Kyungsoo didn’t notice because he just arrived. He high-fived Chen and Xiumin. “Kris hyung transferred here from Canada; Luhan, Lay and Tao came back from their competition; Chen and Xiumin hyung finished their term from China; I think we should go out some time together and have fun.” Suho enticed the members. All of the members agreed.

“At Baekhyun’s grandmother!” Lay said excitingly, he always wanted to go there. “At Kyungsoo-hyung’s hometown!” Tao suggested. Everyone couldn’t think where to go. Some agreed with Tao, some are with Lay. They decided to do ‘rock-paper-scissor’ between Lay and Tao. Tao won. So, the group is going to Kyungsoo’s hometown this coming weekend. Everyone’s excited about the trip.

--

Weekend is approaching but you still don’t have a job. You planned to go to the orphanage and visit Ms. Cho. You told about this to Seohyun and asked her to go with you but she can’t because she also has a thesis to work on. They were given later than you’re thesis. Seohyun already went there before, and even Chanyeol and Luna. Seohyun used to play with the kids there and she had fun. Chanyeol are always there with you, following you. Luna’s family has a rest house near the orphanage so, she visits there too. You didn’t tell Ms. Cho that you’re going there. You want to surprise her. You also want to ask her if she knows somewhere you could work on.

--

Weekend…

You pressed the doorbell and waited for someone to open it. Luckily, it wasn’t Ms. Cho. It’s going to be more surprising now. An ahjumma opened the gate. You don’t know her. But she already smiled at you right after she open the gate. She smiled to you just like she knew you before and you found it weird but you just smiled. “Ahjumma, is my mom here?” You asked. She nodded and it seems like she looks happy seeing you. You find her weirder because she didn’t answer you. Now, you realized that she can't speak. She nodded and gave you a sign that you have to follow her to the kitchen. When you reached the kitchen, she left you already because it seems like she has to do something. Ms. Cho could see a shadow at the floor but still focusing on what she’s slicing. “You already bought the raddish? That was fast, Mrs. Son!” Ms. Cho said thinking that you are Mrs. Son.

“So, that ahjumma is Mrs. Son?” You asked. She gasped and her eyes widened. “Omoo, Eunji-ah!”. She washed her hand and wiped her hands to her apron. She approached you and embraced you. She missed you a lot. She noticed you wearing the scarf she gave you the last time she visited you. She pulled from the embrace.  “It really looks good on you, Eunji!” She said. You smiled.

--

“We are going to Kyungsoo’s hometown, hometown, hometooooooowwwn~~~” Baekhyun sang. Tao is very happy that they’re going to what he suggested. Everyone’s really excited. They used Suho’s van for all them. Suho is driving the van. Kris is at the front seat beside Suho and the rest are at their back. Kai and Kyungsoo are just quiet and just laughing with the other members’ excitement. They’re so loud inside that the other vehicles outside could hear them. “Guys, you’re too loud!!!!!!!!!!” Kris yelled at them but they didn’t listen to him. Suho laughed and turned off the music player. Everybody became silent. “Why did you turn off the music?” Baekhyun asked. “Kris hyung is getting pissed off” Suho explain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter