The Stage Play Audition

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday at Kyungsoo’s house.

“M-m-marriage?” Sehun asked. The members were shocked with Kyungsoo’s news about Taeyeon. Since, Sehun likes Taeyeon, he reacted the most. “With whom?” Baekhyun stood up from the couch and tried to go upstairs to look for Taeyeon. “She doesn’t even know who.” Kyungsoo said making Baekhyun go back. “Whaaaaat? She’ll marry someone she doesn’t know?” Baekhyun asked again. “Look, it’s all up to her. Stop interrogating Baekhyun, besides, she doesn’t like you… And also you, Sehun…” Kai explained. “Yahhh!” Sehun and Baekhyun yelled at Kai. Kai remained silent and didn’t argue with the two.

Suho’s phone rang. “Omo… Kris hyung is calling…” he answered the call and set it to loudspeaker for others to hear. They all neared Suho and joined the conversation.

“Hyung!” Suho called.

“Hey guys…” Kris answered from the other line.

“Why of a sudden call?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I’m transferring at your school…” Kris answered. They’re eyes widened.

“Jinjja?When, hyung?” Baekhyun asked.

“On Monday…” Kris said. They heard the doorbell rang and they’re attention went to the door waiting for someone to appear from it. Mr. Park opened the gate. The call was ended.

The door opened and revealed Kris with his luggage. “Hoooo. Welcome to galaxy, Kris!” Kris said and sighed in front of the boys. “Hyung!!!!” They all called. Baekhyun walked to him and grabbed his luggage expecting some foods inside of it. “Yah, yah, Baekhyun!!! There’s no food there!” Kris yelled. Baekhyun ignored him and still opened the luggage. The boys are waiting for Baekhyun to open it. The luggage just showed them Kris’ folded clothes and Ace. There’s one more that surprised them. They saw a pink stuffed toy beside Ace.  “Pinku Pinku!!” Sehun saw that familiar pink stuffed toy. It’s the same with his toy, Pinku Pinku. Everyone looked at Sehun and then to Kris. “Hyung… Buying the same toy that Sehun has?” Kyungsoo asked. Kris felt embarrassed when they saw the toy. “I- i- i…” He can’t answer… “Don’t tell us that you like that toy too?” Suho jokingly asked. “Kris hyung saw Sehun’s selca with Pinku Pinku and bought the same because he liked it too.” Baekhyun explained and everyone laughed. “It’s not what you think…” Kris denied. Sehun was glaring at him and he noticed it. “Okay fine, you’re right Baekhyun…” Kris sighed and sat down on the couch.

--

Sunday night.

Like what you used to do, you went out to buy some snacks because you were hungry and you feel like going out to feel the breeze of the wind during the night. Seohyun slept early like what she used to do too. The wind is blowing your hair in every direction. Since this morning, you weren’t feeling well but you ignored it and considered it a simple headache. You passed by the house where you first met Suho. You smiled and continued walking. With that, you tried to be careful walking on the streets alone.

You felt your headache coming back. You suddenly felt dizzy and you were seeing high school students but their faces were blurred that you couldn’t recognize who those students were. You collapsed in the middle of the street. The street lights’ brightness are enough for people to notice you there, but since it’s in the middle of the night and it’s cold, no one would ever intend to go outside.

Help… the only word you kept on saying inside your mind. You could feel the coldness of wind hitting you.

Yaksok? You heard a girl’s voice but you can’t hear the one she was talking to. Unnie told you?I can’t wait!!! The girl spoke again but you still couldn’t hear whom she was talking to. Eunji-ahhhhhh!!!!! You heard someone called your name but everything suddenly felt light because you couldn’t feel the roughness of the ground when you collapsed. You couldn’t feel anything now. Everything is turning black, even your consciousness while your eyes are closed suddenly disappeared…

--

Kyungsoo is on his way home from Suho’s house. Usually, during weekends, he and his friends always go to each of their houses to bond and enjoy the weekend. He told Mr. Park to fetch him up at Suho’s house. Yes. Mr. Park knows all of their houses. He even used to drive them home to their houses when they’re drunk since Kyungsoo always tell him everywhere he goes and anyone who is going with him. Just like a real father, he cared so much for Kyungsoo too. He’s been the family’s driver since Kyungsoo was 5 years old. He took care of Kyungsoo during the times when his parents are always out, and up until now.

Mr. Park noticed a girl lying in the middle of the street 3 more blocks before Kyungsoo’s house. He stopped the car. “Mr. Park, why are you parking in front of others’ house?” Kyungsoo asked when he noticed Mr. Park stopped in front of their neighbor’s house. “Sir, there’s a girl…” Mr. Park answered with his trembling voice. Before he could go out from the car, Kyungsoo rushed and rescued the girl. He recognized the girl. It was you… “Jung Eun Ji!!! Eunji-ahhh!” He tried to shake your shoulders but you weren’t waking up so he lifted you and rushed inside their house. “Mr. Park, i’ll take care of this….” Kyungsoo told Mr. Park. Mr. Park went inside the car and parked the car inside…

--

Since, Taeyeon agreed with the marriage meeting, Kyungsoo brought you inside Taeyeon’s room and laid you on her bed. Aisshh.. You’re always a troublemaker, huh? He asked with his thoughts. He gently placed his palms on your forehead and you’re a little too hot. He rushed down to the kitchen for hot water and got a piece of towel. He wetted the towel and placed it on your forehead to decrease your temperature.

Worries on his face are too obvious that he can’t even leave you for personal things. Kyungsoo cared about girls so much, just like he cared for his sister. He’s surrounding his sight on every part of your face. He can’t deny how pretty and how peaceful your face is even if he could remember that time when you yelled at him the first time you met. He noticed your silver bracelet detached from your wrist and picked it and stood up to go to his room now.

“Yaksok? Unnie told you?I can’t wait…” Kyungsoo heard you saying things while sleeping. He looked and turned back to you.

--

Today is the audition day and hundreds of students seem like interested being casted with the play. They’re all inside the theater sitting in order. It’s 1 pm and after 30 minutes, the audition is about to start. The members of the theater arts club are not exempted from the audition. This is going to be a hard time for the judges to look for new good actors and actresses. Chanyeol, who is the president of the club, is walking around to check if there are still unoccupied seats.

“Luna, Seohyun??? Woaahhh.. You didn’t tell me you’re interested?” Chanyeol gasped in awe when he saw the two sitting inside. “You never asked…” Seohyun rolled her eyes. “Uhmm, Chanyeol-ssi, are the members of the club exempted from the audition?” Luna asked but Chanyeol is busy looking around trying to look for you. You’re still not there. He didn’t hear Luna. “Have you seen Eunji?” Chanyeol asked making Luna stooped because she was disappointed again that he didn’t answer her. Seohyun noticed Chanyeol ignoring Luna. “She wasn’t there when I woke up, I think she rushed to school early…” Seohyun explained. “Oh, one more thing… She forgot her ID…” She added getting your ID from her bag. “Jinjja? She wouldn’t be able to enter the campus without her ID…” Chanyeol cried and felt worried… “Didn’t you guys can also use your club membership card?” Seohyun asked. Chanyeol thought again. “Oh… That’s right. I thought something’s wrong happened. But why is she not here yet? I’ve been calling her but she’s not answering. We’re going to start soon.” Chanyeol asked. Seohyun disappointedly looked at Luna. Luna just smiled and endured how Chanyeol ignored her. Seohyun shrugged… “Oh… Well… Goodluck! I’m looking forward to act with my friends.” Chanyeol walked and checked the other students inside the theater.

“Luna…” Seohyun called. Luna looked and brushed her fingers on her hair. “I revenged for you…” Seohyun added and smiled. Luna was curious. “Revenge? For me?” Luna asked. “Well, Eunji texted me last night that she slept at Taeyeon’s house but I don’t know why she’s not here yet. So, she’s fine. The only problem is if she could make it to the audition.” Seohyun explained. “Jinjja?You lied to Chanyeol?” Luna asked because she was also worried about you. Seohyun nodded. “I saw how he ignored you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter