My Friend, My Lover

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun is watching you and Kyungsoo sleeping separately with her crossed arms. You let Kyungsoo sleep on your bed and you slept beside Seohyun. You finally woke up rubbing your eyes and hiccupped. You realized that you didn’t sleep at your own bed finding Kyungsoo on it. “Oh, so you’re awake.” She said. You nodded while having your attention on sleeping Kyungsoo. She stood from her seat and neared you. “Eunji-ah, what did you do with him last night?” She whispered. “We drank some beer, and then he got really drunk.” You explained still looking at Kyungsoo. “Tss. I saw that he kis----” She hissed. You hushed because Kyungsoo might hear that. You don’t want him to remember about that, since he was drunk last night, you felt relieved that he won’t remember that he kissed you.

Kyungsoo who fell into a very deep sleep after drinking with you last night, is finally awake. He wasn’t familiar with the place and is trying to recall why he was there. He slapped his forehead but he can’t remember any single thing that happened except the fact that he drank with you. You and Seohyun saw him woke up. “Had fun sleeping in my bed?” You asked and Seohyun was chuckling. His eyes widened and looked at his clothes. He thought that he might have done something to you when he was drunk. “Did something happen?” Your eyes widened thinking that he can remember about last night. “What do you think?” You said and crossed your arms. He tried to remember; only making his head hurt and rubbed his temples. “I can’t remember anything” You just rolled your eyes and stormed out to the bathroom.

--

Kyungsoo’s friends are there inside when you both walked in. “Hey, Jung Eunji, why did our Kyungsoo didn’t went home last night?” Baekhyun asked who’s sitting at the couch.  You don’t know what to say. “You don’t need to know. I just asked her to come and get me from somewhere.” Kyungsoo answered in behalf of you. Baekhyun asked you if that was true, you just nodded and followed Kyungsoo upstairs to his room.

“Seriously, nothing happened right? I didn’t do anything to you, right?” He asked one more time as soon as you both reach his room. You just shook your head. “Are you sure? Don’t hide, if ever I did… I----” He didn’t finished his words when you cut him off. “I told you that nothing happened.” “Ah, I should get you a medicine…” You remembered that his head hurt before you leave your house. You walked downstairs and recalled that moment when he kissed you.

--

“Chanyeol-ah!!!” You called him when you saw him walking around. He stopped and he knew it was you. A very bright smile formed on his lips. “Have you eaten your lunch?” You asked. He shook his head. You’re the only one who can make him say yes at everything. If you ask him something, he will do everything just to make you satisfied. He agreed to eat lunch with you.

“How’s your job?” He asked. “Hmm. Everything’s fine.” You answered and sat on the table you chose to dine with him. “He’s a man. Are you sure he’s not doing anything to you?” He asked looking straightly worried into you. You cleared you’re throat remembering the consecutive things that is happening between you and Kyungsoo. First, he acted like a ert, and then he kissed you without your permission. “N-n-n-no… He’s not. If he ever did, I would slap him and automatically resign as his babysitter.” You sighed lightly not wanting him to notice that you’re lying. “Just tell me if he did, I’ll hit him.” He clenched his fist.

--

The rehearsal for the play is over for today. “Woah, Luna I never thought that you could really act like a pro.” You praised Luna when you saw her acting during the rehearsal. She smiled. “How about my acting?” Seohyun asked too, expecting to be praised just like Luna. “You acted like a puppy.” Chanyeol joked and you and Luna laughed. Seohyun hissed. “I read the whole script and there’s a kissing scene between the lead roles. What are you guys going to do with that?” Seohyun suddenly asked. Chanyeol cleared his throat. Luna noticed that. All of you became quiet for a second. “Of course it will be faked.” You said to cut off the sudden silence. Chanyeol now thinks that he wouldn’t even get a chance kissing you as his girlfriend. You can’t even be his girlfriend. All he knows is you only treat him as your friend.

--

Since the rehearsal started, you’re always at the theater everyday with your friends who were also casted. Today’s scene is the kissing scene between the lead roles. It’s you and Chanyeol. As he lean his face closer for the sake of the fake kiss, you felt awkward and couldn’t look at him. His stares were like real. That’s how he’s always wanted to look at you, but you’re always misunderstanding everything as a part of the rehearsal.

--

Chanyeol, who’s always staring at the night sky by his window pane, is always imagining every part of your face. He could remember what his sister Yoora said.

“You should understand us. We can’t easily recognize a man’s feelings. We can’t tell if it’s your feelings or you’re just being friendly. But sometimes, we have doubts. The only way to make us sure of our doubts, is… for the man to confess. Eunji might feel that too. So you better tell her your feelings before she falls for another man.”

Should I tell her now? Is not yet late, right? He thought. He’s thinking when and how is he going to confess to you. He knows by himself that he’s not a romantic person and you are his first love. He doesn’t know what you will say after his confession that make him screwed up by his doubts that he would be dropped by you.

--

“Kyungsoo-ssi, I’m sorry if I always come late. We’re rehearsing for the upcoming school play. I hope you understand.” You stopped and lowered your head for an apology. “It’s fine, you said that you’re playing the lead role. Baekhyun is a part of the play, so I understand.” He said and smiled at you. You locked your fingers at your back and thanked him.

--

“Our Baekhyun is really into his role. Look at him, reading his script all the time. Stage play has changed our playful Baekhyun…” Suho said while drinking his soda. It’s true that Baekhyun was always focused on his script since the rehearsal has started. “Hyung, here’s some soda!” Sehun threw the soda can and Baekhyun caught it. “I can’t drink sodas and alcohols this time, I’m rehearsing, I have to take care of my voice.” He said throwing back the can to Sehun. Everybody laughed.

You and Kyungsoo reached his house and saw his friends again inside. “Woaaaaah, our lovely Eunji is here!” Luhan said and stood up from the couch and ran beside you. Kyungsoo who was beside you just let you talk with them and walked upstairs. “Ohh, did you know guys that the role Eunji is playing has a kissing scene?” Baekhyun exposed as he heard that you’re there. The boys gasped. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and stopped for a second when he heard that. “A-ah-ah, it’s not what you think. It’s a school play so those kinds of things are going to be faked.” You explained and sighed after that. 

--

You were reading your script when your phone vibrated. It’s a message from Chanyeol.

            Eunji-ah, will you go out with me? [10:34 pm]

He can’t believe he sent that to you. He’s been thinking of many ways of confessing. He thinks that by this question, you would likely to understand what he really means.

            Woah, it’s already late. If you want, just come here. XD Let’s practice together. [10:34]

He felt disappointed when he read your reply. What he means is if you would date him. But you misunderstood it like h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter