Stuck in the Moment

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You keep on hitting your face with a pillow. “You already did that. He’s going to find more from you. That’s how boys are.” Seohyun says as if she has known boys for a long period of time. It’s based on different stories she read, she has a lot of ideas about men because of those.

“Oh, I dreamed of you that night when I was alone here. You were in a room, crying and it seems like you were kept inside a room for a whole day…” She don’t want to emphasize her last word but she pauses when it felt like it’s hard to tell you. You threw your pillow to her. “Yah! If you’re going to joke about me, not in that kind of way please.” You yelled.

But she only gave you a serious and sad look. It seems like she’s telling you the truth. “I really dreamt of that. I have to tell you this so you could be aware. Oh, but the place keeps on changing. First, you were inside a storage room and then when you wake up, you were already crying inside someone’s room. That’s all I could remember.”

--

“Thought about dating me?” Minah asks as she saw Kyungsoo walking out from his room after his first class. He rolled his eyes and walked,

“Aishh, it’s so disappointing to see you like this, DO Kyungsoo.” She says giving a stress to Kyungsoo’s surname. He stopped, “Back off. I don’t have any plans on dating you.” He said and leaves her sighing again, shaking his head into disappointment.

It’s nearly the end of November and Christmas lights and decorations started to flicker around the streets of Seoul. Lights are flickering from the shrubs on each roadside of the street. Vendors keep on chanting for people to buy their stuffs. It has been a month since you answered Chanyeol; a month when you’re finally taken, when you’re not single anymore. You think, you and Chanyeol had fallen deeper towards each other, no fights and quarrels, it’s getting better everyday.

He asked you for a walk to eat something warm. He wraps his arms around your shoulder giving you warmth, covering your back from the cold weather.

The warmth he’s been giving you kept getting warmer everytime the days of being together increases, but it never turns to warmth that would make you squirm if he touches you.

His wide smile, rich white teeth flaunts eveytime he pushes for  a joke that sometimes, it’s only him who laughs at it, making you just laugh with it all along. But, sometimes, he’s really of a good joker too, with his eyes twitching while he laughs, that’s another thing added to the list of things you like about his being different and unique.

He dragged you over his mom’s restaurant, called Viva Polo. The usual scene for every other restaurant is the feeling of Christmas season welcoming you at the entrance, artificial flower decorations hanging on the doorway, and plastic gold bells too. There, as you enter the classic white wall setting of the restaurant, where its simple futuristic design was greatly influenced by the touch of Christmas, you could hear the small chatting of people inside at every table.

He picked the table near the cashier. He pauses for a while as he leaned his back to the soft leathered cover of the chair’s backrest. Just as he’s about to ask you how the restaurant turned into because of the Christmas decorations, he wanted to hear your opinion how it looks like ‘cause he helped on arranging the setting, but there’s your wrong timing phone call that dismayed him.

“Taeyeon, why?” you asked as you answered the call, looking at the fake smiling Chanyeol. “Go here straight after your date with Mr. Park’s son, okay?” She said. That sounded strange because you didn’t tell here about going out with Chanyeol, neither Kyungsoo knows about it because he gave you a vacation for the whole December. “H-how did youuuu…”

“Ahhhh.. Nonono, I’ll call you next time, I’m sorry for disturbing—“ The call suddenly ended.

“It’s Taeyeon? What did she tell you?” Chanyeol asks. You shrugged first, “She asked me to go over there after this, but then she refuses suddenly. That’s weird.”

--

“YAHHHH!” Taeyeon scowled as Heechul grabs her phone.

“What are you doing? Let her have her time.” He says as he drives the car again and brought her home. Taeyeon and Heechul drove around the busy street of Seoul, trying to find some stuff to have fun but then, even behind the crowded scene, Taeyeon still noticed you, just like spy that even Heechul finds it weird but cute.

“Oppa…” She called, pouting. “What do you need now? I know the reason for that look on your face.” Taeyeon hissed and crossed her arms. The street on their way home was filled with an orange shade of the street lights, casted with the shadows of the trees at every streetsides. “You know, I couldn’t keep myself pushing Eunji into my brother’s life. I know they have their own lives, and both revolve at two different worlds. I feel like my body is controlling me to do these things. I don’t know why. That sounds strange, isn’t it?”

He chuckled as he heard Taeyeon’s cute statement. “Nope. That isn’t strange. You feel that way because deep inside you, you can’t still really accept the fact that you failed to be their cupid.”

“I’m not playing cupid.” She says as she plays the ends of her hair. Heechul ruffles her hair afterwards.

--

Baekhyun rubs his chin as he stare at the small bottle of pills given to him by a club girl named Kemy that night at Sokcho winter sea club bar. Baekhyun wasn’t even sure of the pills given to him, whether it’s illegal or not, just as it was handed to him, his dark side reappeared and the target of his raging disgust is... you. For him, he thinks you’re going to tell what you’ve seen that time and that's worrying him. Try to think of having rumors of that kind of issue, it’s surely very embarrassing and, people would talk about it all over the campus, spreading it from one into another.

He called Kemy, because she gave him her phone number that night they first met. “Hey… Kemy…”. He could hear a woman’s voice and shouting for another man’s name. For that time, he knew Kemy’s into a session and he understands that. And he knew that the man she’s having session with, was the one who answered the call. “Kelly, you have a phone call.” The guy called from the line. Kemy grabbed the phone, “Hey, who’s this?”

“It’s Byun Baekhyun. Wow, you’ve got another name. Kelly? Hey, Kelly!” He still has time to joke. “Nope, he’s drunk; he doesn’t know how to say my name. You’re that guy at Sokcho right? What now? Have you been thinking of me? Tell me your address; you can touch me.” She says… “That’s not the reason why I called. I just want to ask about the pills you gave me. What are those, actually?”

“Don’t you remember?? I told you those are aphrodisiac pills.” She answered as she hums because the guy with him just kissed her.

”Aphrodisiac?? So what do are these for?”

“Heyyyy. You’re crazy. I thought you knew about these kinds of things. Those pills are for ual desire. Use it if you want to be wild on bed, with your girl or if you want it to be me.” She says.

Baekhyun ignored her and ended the call, shaking his head for Kemy’s words. Of course, Kemy is  attractive, y and yet a free girl you can take home like a toy, every night, present at clubhouses, dating and making out with different guys out there, but she’s way too used, and he’s aware of STD, he’s not sure if Kemy’s already having the disease, just as being cautious as he could.

--

“Yahhhh! Byun Baekhyunn” A girl called from his back while he was sitting at the bench near the university cafeteria. This girl seemed like one of the freshmen students around, she looks young, y as Baekhyun’s type, pretty. Chanyeol passed by this s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter