Wounds and Scars

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Quiting the job sent you back into tutoring. Passing by Kyungsoo’s house reminds you of the moments when you were coming in and out of the place, sharing words with Taeyeon, and following Kyungsoo all the way to the university. But that’s not the case now, and you have to live without them.
That one scandal where you and Kyungsoo were involved finally flew out as weeks gone by. You’ll definitely see the boys passing by and greet them but Kyungsoo is way too far to be as approachable as them. He came to back to his typical cold aura that you first saw.
You once met his eyes but he only looked away, making you feel sad and wonder why. Chanyeol decided to do the job with you since you’re tutoring twins and it’ll be hard for you. Going and leaving there, he’s with you all the time. He has now more time being with you. But at the same time, Chanyeol has changed into a different one you can’t handle. After sending you home, you’ll end up listening to the voice mail whenever you call him to confirm if he's home. You just found out that he would play billiard alone. Mr. Park has finally recovered and now he’s back to work. You thought Chanyeol would go back to the way he usually does. You wonder what Chanyeol has in mind and why he has changed so much. There was one time he called you when he was drunk and you couldn't help but worry and pick him up from that place. You couldn't handle his drinking behavior. He reminded you not to call his dad before you could even think of that.
 ‘Why are you being like this, huh? You didn’t even come with me to tutor the twins.' You whined you want an answer but you just heard him hissed. Chanyeol stopped his pace,‘What do you think of me being like this, huh?’
Your world paused. You didn't know what to answer. Everything was alright for you, and it’s all him who is acting strangely. ‘Why are you asking me that? I asked you first!!’
‘You want to know why?’he asked and breathed heavily and then continued, ‘You like that Do Kyung Soo, don’t you? You still do! I knew it back then but I thought I can take that feeling away from you. But you seem to not understand how I feel!!!’
What did you just hear? You never expected him to say that.
Chanyeol turned around and brushed his hair with both hands. You deeply thought of what he said. Are you like what he thinks? Do you like Do Kyung Soo? Everything flashed into your mind. The day you left and resigned, the days when you can’t take off your eyes from him even if he was ignoring you, those moments would stop a pace in front of his house. Chanyeol was with you everytime you’re acting that strange. Now, you feel guilty for making Chanyeol feel this way. You think you deserve him asking this to you. You turned back your thoughts to Chanyeol, and stared at him while finding the words you will say. But you’re out of words to say. Everything is true and you're admitting it inside your head. Chanyeol waited for answer but you’re just frozen there, facing the ground. He finally leaves the vacancy from waiting you speak.
--
It’s been a week since Chanyeol ignored you. Everyone thought you broke up but you both deny that to anyone who would ask.
That night, it changed everything. Chanyeol didn’t talk to you and Seohyun and Luna would ask why. ‘Perhaps, did you fight?’ Luna asked. You nodded. Seohyun caressed your back, ‘Yah, Eunji-ah, don’t just carry it on your own. You guys talk and fix this, huh?’
You nodded, ‘It’s not really that bad, it’s just a misunderstanding.’
--
Once, you were alone at the park, thinking deeply of how Chanyeol ignored you since a few days ago. You keep on denying to yourself that he misunderstood you. You keep on reminding yourself that you have no feelings for Kyungsoo. It’s been so long since you both never talked why would you even feel something Chanyeol is suspecting you? At the swing, you heard someone walking from behind. As you look back, it’s him. Is he going to bother you again? Do Kyungsoo took the other swing next to you and handed you a cup of coffee. 
‘You’re alone.’ he uttered, and you nodded. You can’t explain it but your feelings whenever you see him are way too different from whenever you see Chanyeol. ‘What are you doing here?’you asked, ‘You seem to ignore me in the campus’
‘It seems like it, but I wasn’t’he answered. You hissed, ‘You really do, don’t you? You hate me?’You asked.
Kyungsoo stared at the night sky before answering, ‘You think I would talk to you if I hate you?’
What he said is right. You feel better now that he’s not mad at you or what. Having him beside you at this moment, it feels like your worries are vanishing slowly.
‘Yah, can we both share one problem and give an advice?’ Kyungsoo asked.
You nodded,‘You go first.’
Kyungsoo cleared his throat and the talked, ‘There was this girl from my highschool, I met her again but she can’t even remember any single thing when she saw me. Should I tell her she broke my heart back then?’he chuckled after sharing his problem. You deeply thought, it could be his first love. ‘It’s you first love? The one you told me before? Don’t tell her then, it’ll be shock, let her remember it first and when she realizes she hurt you before, then it’s up to her to apologize.’ You answered. It might be weird to say that advice because you really don’t know what really happened to him back then. ‘You think so?’He uttered and smiled. His smile is different. It was simple yet captivating.
‘What is it that bothers you too?’He asked to remind you it’s you turn.
‘Hmmm. Someone I know is having a hard time thinking if she’s still in love or not anymore. There’s another person bothering her thoughts but she can’t admit that this person is the reason why she’s thinking that way. What do you think should I tell her?’
Kyungsoo watched your eyes as you talked, that he didn’t notice you’re done talking. ‘It depends, I don’t know. She’s a girl afterall and I’m a guy but if I were to put my situation to that someone she’s in love with, it’ll be hard. It’s either two things to happen. First, a person might let go but end up breaking. Another is, a person won’t stop and will do everything to get back what they want. The first is forfeiture, and the second one is greed.’
He is right and you can’t keep but think of what Chanyeol might do and what would happen between your relationship with him. ‘Should that someone confess to that person you are saying?’
‘If that’s what will make that someone feel better, then it’s a good way. But that someone should think deeper before taking actions. We don’t know what we’ll regret if we don’t think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter