Truth and Lies

Before the Leaves Run Dry | 잎은 전에 건조된다
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jinjja?” Seohyun was shocked when you told her about Kyungsoo. You nodded. “Do Kyung Soo?” She whispered. “He was the one who saved me when I didn’t make it for the audition. I owe him more for that.” You said and sighed. “Ayee.You’ve found your hero now.” She teased and poked your waist. “But I won’t forget that time he yelled at me in the middle of the street.” You hissed and went to your bed. Seohyun shook her head and laughed quietly.

--

So, she really doesn’t remember me? Or, is she faking everything? What’s wrong with her? Kyungsoo thought while lying on his bed. He could remember that time when you accidentally hugged him when you were so happy that he accepted you. He blushed again. Aissshhh, stop thinking of that, Kyungsoo.. He mentally scolded himself. He recalled the whole conversation with you that night and something caught his mind.

You quickly pulled from the hug. “Ahh. Mianhae… I was taken away.” Both of you blushed and felt awkward for a second. “Tell me, since when are you visiting this place?” You asked just to cut off the awkward situation. He looked at you and his eyes widened. “I’ve been here for many times when I was in high school.” He answered. “Oh, jinjja? I wonder how this whole place looks like before.” You said and walked. He followed you. “Nothing has changed.” He said. You looked at him. “When was your first time here?” He asked. You looked up at the sky and let the wind caress your face. “Me? Actually, it’s my second time here. Chanyeol brought me here together with my friends. I used to live here but I haven’t seen this place until Chanyeol took us here.” You explained. Now, his thoughts became worse. He nodded and smiled.

“Are you kidding me? Aishh… Jinjja… You don’t have to do all of these, Eunji-ah.” He sighed and closed his eyes.

--

“Have you found a job?” Chanyeol asked and continued drinking his soda. You decided not to tell him and Luna about working with Kyungsoo. You just nodded thinking what to explain. “Jeongmal? How was it?” Luna asked. “I haven’t started yet.” You answered. Seohyun thought that this talk will lead to asking everything about the job so she helped you out. “Will you guys move faster so that we could go to the meeting now!” Seohyun cried. You smiled at her and returned you the same.

You finally reached the theater and all the members are already there, including the new ones except Byun Baekhyun who is absent.

“What took you guys so long?” Mr. Kim asked you and your friends. “Ahh. Our classes just ended and it just happened that we have the same time dismissal.” Chanyeol explain in behalf of the three of you. “Good to see you again, Jung Eun Ji…” Bang Min Ah said while walking towards you. You smiled awkwardly that she doesn’t really have to mention you that way. Mr. Kim Ryeowook clapped his hands to steal everyone’s attention. “Guys, I have someone to introduce to you.” He said. All of the members are surrounding their sights through the whole place looking for an unfamiliar place until someone who’s sitting in front of the seats there stood up. He walks cool but you could tell that he has a feminine aura on his face. All of you are there talking about who he is and if anyone of you knows him. “He’s Kim Hee Chul…” You all greeted him and stooped in front of him. “It’s nice to meet all of you, I’m Kim Heechul…” He greeted.

“Heechul oppa!” A voice shouted from the theater door. All of you looked back and saw a lady running towards all of you. She seems familiar as she runs closer. Taeyeon-ah? You thought. Everyone gasped. That lady looks young and pretty. You saw it right. It’s Taeyeon. So, what’s with Heechul and her? *ㅋㅋㅋ~ hooohooo asdfghjk I love them together. They look cute XD*

“Hyung, you didn’t tell me you’re with your fiancée?” Ryeowook cried to Heechul. Heechul shrugged. “Hyung? Kim sonsaengnim? He’s your older brother?” Krystal asked. “Aish.. We don’t really look alike, huh?” Ryeowook asked. All of you shook your head. He sighed because he was a bit embarrassed. Taeyeon who is catching her breath went beside Heechul. Fiancee? You thought. “Taeyeon-ah…” You called her name unwantedly. Everyone turned to you, including her that you called. “Yes?You know me?” She asked. You don’t know what to say now. Wait, what? She’s asking you if you know her. Why? Have she forgotten you?

“Jung Eun Ji, do you know her?” Mr. Kim Ryeowook asked you. You nodded still looking at Taeyeon. “Ahh, jinjja? Have we met before?” Taeyeon asked. “Yah Eunji,, are you sure that’s Taeyeon?” Seohyun whispered. You’re sure it’s her but you’re curious why is she acting like she doesn’t know you. She’s been calling you her ‘unnie’ too. “Ahh.. Everyone, meet Do Taeyeon, she’s your sunbae.” Ryeowook called everybody’s attention. “Sunbae?” You whispered to yourself but your three friends heard you and looked at you. Taeyeon stooped at everyone showing how grateful she is meeting all of you. She hooked her arms to Heechul’s arm.

--

At the canteen…

“Mwoya,mwoya? What’s going on?” You asked your friends while drinking your cup of coffee. “Are you sure it’s her?” Chanyeol asked. You glared at him and put down your coffee. “Yah, do I have to pretend I know her just to get embarrassed?” You said and rolled your eyes. “Well, some people do forget others easily especially the ones they just met for once or twice.” Luna explained. “One more thing. Sunbae? She’s our sunbae? She’s been calling me unnie. She even talked to me formally.” You cried. “Hmm. Yes, we’ve read her text message before.” Seohyun said nodding her head. The three of them shrugged in front of you. You sighed and continued drinking your coffee.

--

“Nothing better, nothing better than you~~” Chen sang with his earphones on. “Jongdae-ah, you keep on singing that with your loudest voice.” Baekhyun scolded Chen. Chen stopped singing. Sehun and Tao, as usual, are playing with their PSP. As usual, during break time, the group stays here to kill time.

“Kyungsoo-yah… When we came to your house, there was a girl there. We thought she’s your girlfriend, but she denied.” Luhan said. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and remembered that night when he saw you lying on the ground unconscious. “What is her name again? Song Yoon Ji? A-ani, it sounds like that but I forgot.” Lay said trying to recall your name. “It’s Jung Eun Ji, Jung Eun Ji.” Kyungsoo cleared him. “Omoo, Kyungsoo-yah… You already met her?” Suho asked when he heard Jung Eun Ji’s name. He was listening too. Baekhyun who was beside Chen, overheard “Jung Eun Ji”,rushed beside Suho. Chen followed him. “Jung Eun Ji? Didn’t I tell you guys that I auditioned for the upcoming play and I got accepted? Jung Eun Ji is the vice president of that club.” Baekhyun explained. “So, she was the ‘new friend’ you were talking about?” Kyungsoo asked. “Not just her, but her friends too…” Suho said.

--

“Oppa, is my acting good?” Taeyeon asked Heechul while in the car. Heechul is driving the car and Taeyeon is beside her. “Jagiya… You surprised me earlier. Why all of a sudden?” He asked. “Wae? Am I prohibited to miss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter